Al-Qaeda prefers Android over Apple's iOS

Comments

• Reply 81 of 228
    Quote:

Originally Posted by prokip View Post

Daniel,

I don't often scratch my head reading your pieces, but this one left a bald spot.

And this is AI news because?

Really?  Almost all of DED's "pieces" leave me bald.

• Reply 82 of 228
    I'm a very long time reader of this website and also of Daniel's Roughly Drafted site. I respect Daniel's opinions and I love listening to him on the tech night owl.

However, this post is utterly appalling and reprehensible. Equating android and Al Qaeda makes sense in who's alternate universe?

Daniel often rails - rightly - against poorly considered journalism and sensationalism.

Well Daniel, this is as tabloid, sensationalist and low as any 'tech' article I've ever read.

Shame on you and AppleInsider. I really thought you were better than this.

:-(
  • Reply 83 of 228
    w00masterw00master Posts: 101member
    Oh lord. Lol!!! DED has truly become the Donald Trump of Apple Tech "news."

Hilarious, beautifully written over reaction and FUD. Brilliant BS DED!

Folks.. The truth is, those who defend and agree with this BS are just as bad as Android idiots who believe that Apple gave the NSA a backdoor.

Yes Apple idiots who agree with DED on this. YOU ARE JUST AS BAD AS THE ANDROID IDIOTS.
  • Reply 84 of 228
    You've gotta be fucking kidding me with this article.

I can't even make it past the headline, DED opinion articles have reached a new all time low.

I have no idea why you think so. This is a fascinating bit of news, and I found it to be quite intriguing. The fact that they're creating apps is not something I would have guessed.
  • Reply 85 of 228
    bobschlob wrote: »
    solipsismx wrote: »

I'm really feeling quite discombobulated.

Isn't that discombobschlobulated?
    Doh!
    So discombobulated that I missed that one!
    (Right in front of me)

Now that you have clarity on the matter, I hope you're enjoying your feeling of bobschlobulation.
  • Reply 86 of 228

The moral of the story is.... when careless greedy capitalist release products into the world without any consideration of the consequences which those devices (or software) may create we all suffer for their shabby carelessness. Car manufacturers in the US built death traps until laws changed forcing them to include seat belts and other safety measures. Technology has not reached this point or at least has not shown its dangerous side on large enough a scale to bring about laws to regulate it. 

• Reply 87 of 228
    This is a ridiculous article. Guilt by association indeed. Why don't you do an article on human rights defenders on the android platform or the Panic Button app by Amnesty International to at least offer some perspective?
  • Reply 88 of 228
    zinthar wrote: »
    (ie if you use Android, you're more likely to be a terrorist).

You've obviously got issues understanding causality....
  • Reply 89 of 228
    Doh!
    So discombobulated that I missed that one!
    (Right in front of me)

LOL I confess until you posted that I had not spotted that either! I was assuming it was a discombombulated joke that went wrong!

Hope the discombombulated joke doesn't get seized by Al Quaeda using the discombobschlobulated malware that is Android.
  • Reply 90 of 228
    mcarlingmcarling Posts: 1,106member
    Evil loves evil.
  • Reply 91 of 228
    bobby132 wrote: »
    prokip wrote: »
    Daniel,

I don't often scratch my head reading your pieces, but this one left a bald spot.

And this is AI news because?
    Really?  Almost all of DED's "pieces" leave me bald.

Too much thinking required for those hairs to cope with, eh?
  • Reply 92 of 228
    The equivalent of this article is:

Paper is proven to aid Al-Queda terrorist because it's easier to plan & write on paper than a rock.
  • Reply 93 of 228
    Water is shown to aid Al-Queda terrorists because it quenches their thirst.
  • Reply 94 of 228
    iOS is losing market share in the terrorist and religious fascist demographic, according to IDC.
  • Reply 95 of 228
    Followup DED article:

Should the TSA ban all Android devices like small liquid containers because of their use with Al Queda?

:rolleyes:
  • Reply 96 of 228
    droidftwdroidftw Posts: 1,009member

So many comments in such a short amount of time.  As asinine as the article is, I've got to hand it to DED.  He knows what his readers want and he delivers it.

• Reply 97 of 228
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    droidftw wrote: »
    So many comments in such a short amount of time.  As asinine as the article is, I've got to hand it to DED.  He knows what his readers want and he delivers it.

Correction: He knows what AI wants...more clicks. Accuracy be damned.
  • Reply 98 of 228
    "Android's unrestricted ability to sideload apps (install software that is not signed, from outside of a secure App Store) may be part of the platform's appeal to Al-Qaeda,". Wow, ya think? LOL!
  • Reply 99 of 228
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Also, to the mod (or perhaps DED himself) who unceremoniously removed my post and a number of responses to the comparison of DED-head journalism to Ann Coulter has not gone unnoticed. DED is an Apple polemicist. The comparison is accurate.
  • Reply 100 of 228
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

...I've never heard of any Islamic terrorists who were caught with Macs. And believe me, [islamic terrorism] is right up my alley...

Oh boy, here we go...

Originally Posted by Walatic View Post

And I'm a die hard apple fan

Oh, well, now we believe you¡ And no, I’m not supporting this dreck.