Al-Qaeda prefers Android over Apple's iOS

Comments

• Reply 61 of 228
    Why am I not surprised to find this is a DED diatribe

You tell us; we're not mind readers.
  • Reply 62 of 228
    The irony of these strange facts is not lost on all of us.
  • Reply 63 of 228
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    I'm still waiting for Google to ditch Android. Didn't DED tell us that was going to happen last year? And yet this years I/O conference was pretty much all about Android.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/07/29/google-appears-ready-to-ditch-android-over-its-intellectual-property-issues
  • Reply 64 of 228
    sully54sully54 Posts: 108member

i usually enjoy DED opinion pieces but this one was just unnecessary.

• Reply 65 of 228
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

In addition to Android users being singled out for targeted malware attacks, the insecure nature of the platform provides Al-Qaeda with a vast network of devices to exploit for use in either distributed Denial of Service attacks or as a supercomputing cluster.

HAHAHA. Even for you, Dilger, that is ridiculous.

If al-Qaeda's cyber-terrorism strategy is based on a supercomputing cluster of cheap smartphones, then I doubt the West has much to worry about.

Do you actually read back the drivel you're writing? What does this article even have to do with Apple? It's just another misconceived Android slur piece whose logic is no more advanced than 'terrorists use Android and terrorists are bad, so Android must be bad'. I know five-year-olds who can deploy more sophisticated logic than that.

For goodness sake, AI, come to the realisation that he's a feckless fanboy who's turning your site into a laughing stock. Take away his pen.

• Reply 66 of 228
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I'm still waiting for Google to ditch Android. Didn't DED tell us that was going to happen last year? And yet this years I/O conference was pretty much all about Android.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/07/29/google-appears-ready-to-ditch-android-over-its-intellectual-property-issues

I don’t know what kind of site you think AppleInsider is but it’s not a professional tech news outlet. It’s an Apple fan site. This sort of thing goes on daily at Android fan sites. They are always predicting the demise of Apple and gloating about the ‘overwhelming dominance’ of Android. Dan Dilger is a pro-Apple blogger who has a talent for writing. He’s a spinmeister of the highest order and I put him in the same category as the Macalope over at MacWorld. What’s wrong with a little flag waving and pledging of allegiance once in awhile? 

• Reply 67 of 228
    gwydiongwydion Posts: 1,083member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

I don’t know what kind of site you think AppleInsider is but it’s not a professional tech news outlet. It’s an Apple fan site. This sort of thing goes on daily at Android fan sites. They are always predicting the demise of Apple and gloating about the ‘overwhelming dominance’ of Android. Dan Dilger is a pro-Apple blogger who has a talent for writing. He’s a spinmeister of the highest order and I put him in the same category as the Macalope over at MacWorld. What’s wrong with a little flag waving and pledging of allegiance once in awhile? 

One thing is being an Apple fan site and other totally different is being a hatred site totally out of reality

• Reply 68 of 228
    lilgto64lilgto64 Posts: 1,147member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by prokip View Post

Daniel,

I don't often scratch my head reading your pieces, but this one left a bald spot.

And this is AI news because?

Not sure about the "I" portion of AI as relates to this article - but since Apple and the products they sell do not exist in a vacuum, I am perfectly fine with reports such as this where even if Apple or Apple products are not even mentioned - it is obvious that there is a stark contrast between Apple's products and the competition's offerings.  

• Reply 69 of 228
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,821member
    In defense of DED

I am curious why the response from most is so negative to this editorial. If the information is false then give sources showing it to be so. If it is true it is surely as news worthy as all the silly rumors about rumors of rumors.

The obvious response, for me at least, and I read the entire thread expecting someone to have said this, is the US spy services should develop a Stuxnet type approach and apologize for the collateral damage to Google later. The fact they use such a poorly made OS as Android as their main communications system is surely good news for any American?

Had the information been they were using mainly iOS then that would be bad news. As I say, I am scratching my head at the responses, AI has long covered all things Google and Scamsung why is this different?

My only slightly negative feeling is this should be kept quiet and the Stuntex type attack put out there ASAP. I don't want them who shall not be named switching!
  • Reply 70 of 228
    22july201322july2013 Posts: 3,695member
    Bonnie and Clyde loved their Ford V8s. Clyde even wrote a letter to Henry Ford saying what a dandy car it was. The letter is on display at the Ford Museum now. So it is of historical curiosity when criminals favour a certain product. Still, I think the author might have avoided criticism if he started such articles with "This is an opinion piece with some speculative comments."
  • Reply 71 of 228
    Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

The fact they use such a poorly made OS as Android

This is the problem with DED articles, he starts with such blatantly false assumptions an he then wwritetwo thousand words trying to spin reality to his world

• Reply 72 of 228

Great article DED. Your insightful articles about the losers and or low life's that use android are spot on. 

Keep up the good work.

• Reply 73 of 228
    gwydion wrote: »

This is the problem with DED articles, he starts with such blatantly false assumptions an he then wwritetwo thousand words trying to spin reality to his world

Then you and I must agree to disagree. Did you read this report: https://www.recordedfuture.com/al-qaeda-encryption-technology-part-2/

Please post your links to counter arguments. I will gladly read them. Or are you making statements without any support?

Meanwhile for anyone reading what you write, here is a link to your work thus far so they can judge your balanced approach for themselves. :D

: http://forums.appleinsider.com/forums/posts/by_user/id/49281
  • Reply 74 of 228
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobSchlob View Post

I'm really feeling quite discombobulated.

Isn't that discombobschlobulated?

Doh!

So discombobulated that I missed that one!

(Right in front of me)

• Reply 75 of 228
    Quote:

Then you and I must agree to disagree. Did you read this report: https://www.recordedfuture.com/al-qaeda-encryption-technology-part-2/

Please post your links to counter arguments. I will gladly read them. Or are you making statements without any support?

Yap, I have read them, and that report has nothing to do with Android being or not a poorly done OS, it just say that Al Qaeda uses some encryption application, nothing more.

• Reply 76 of 228
    froodfrood Posts: 771member

This is DED's best work.

• Reply 77 of 228
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    So iOS actually does =

Freedom.

XD
  • Reply 78 of 228
    bobschlob wrote: »
    Doh!
    So discombobulated that I missed that one!
    (Right in front of me)

LOL I confess until you posted that I had not spotted that either! I was assuming it was a discombombulated joke that went wrong!
  • Reply 79 of 228
    gwydion wrote: »
    Yap, I have read them, and that report has nothing to do with Android being or not a poorly done OS, it just say that Al Qaeda uses some encryption application, nothing more.

I'd suggest, politely, you hop on over back to your Android fan web site and stop wasting digital space here.
  • Reply 80 of 228
    Quote:

I'd suggest, politely, you hop on over back to your Android fan web site and stop wasting digital space here.

So, yes, when you're proven wrong you try to censor others.

By the way, I politely suggest that you can stop reading me, but I'm not an Android fan and I won't leave this site. If you don't agree, you can argument it.