Samsung teases Sept. 3 reveal of 'Note 4,' less than a week before Apple's 'iPhone 6' event

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 123
    connieconnie Posts: 101member

Apple's iPhone 5 S hit phone took Samsung by surprise. They never thought Apple would sell that many. Now Samsung is trying to do damage control.

• Reply 122 of 123
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    connie wrote: »
    Apple's iPhone 5 S hit phone took Samsung by surprise. They never thought Apple would sell that many. Now Samsung is trying to do damage control.

The iPhone is defiantly a factor but I think it has a lot to do with the influx of cheaper Android phones that are just as good as Samsung's.The S5 for example is outrageously over priced for a plastic phone. There is nothing wrong with using plastic, Nokia's Lumia series is of very high quality but Samsung seems to think that a thin piece of plastic will suffice as long as the specs are premium. Also, TouchWiz is just horrible, I have never used an Android device where the system took up nearly 800MB of RAM upon a frest start up. Samsung's 12" tablet with active digitizer is actually a cool idea but their over skinned OS just drags it down to the point where it feels like their is a 3 year old processor in it. When I used to use a Samsung Note 2 one of the first things I did was dump TouchWiz and install a vanilla build of Android that I personally compiled. The difference in app/system speed, fluidity of the UI, memory savings(360 MB vs. 720MB) and battery life was so extreme that I was shocked and actually embarrassed for Samsung. Who ever they have running their Android program over their, they need to be dragged out of their cubicle right now and thrown into the street. Samsung has a first rate manufacturing center and very talented people working in their mobile decision, the AMOLED screen found in their new S Tablet is beyond awesome. Samsung needs to stop and rethink the way they design their phones. First order of business is to drop TouchWiz, stop using subpar materials and stop copying Apple. Samsung needs to fail for a while to reflect and then hopefully restructure their mobile business.