Apple TV special events channel launches hours ahead of 'iPhone 6' & 'iWatch' event

Comments

• Reply 21 of 65
    prokip wrote: »
    It is always at these sort of momentous occasions the time zone thing hits home. After 25 years in the States I still get mind blown over it when chatting with friends in the UK and France. Just think, it is 9 a.m. EST and the people of Papeete have already started watching Tim! :D
    Yeah,  I must be crazy,  because I am up at 3:00 AM Wednesday morning In Australia to catch the Tim Cook feed.

But I did the same for Stevo for many years, so Tim deserves the same respect.

And no... I do not know the score for last night's (Tuesday's) game!  Argh...who are you people?

Poor you! I guess that's the penalty you pay for living on the bottom of the world. ????
  • Reply 22 of 65
    sog35 wrote: »

I don’t recall denying a 5.5”, just saying that it’s an absolutely terrible idea. I’ll tip something if I can be proven wrong in real-world utility, however. No problems there.

denial to the very end.

You have just under 3 hours to come clean.
    Just be a man and admit you were wrong.

Don't worry about a self-ban.  I already told the people who lost the bet they don't need to self ban. 

There is no 5.5" iPhone.
  • Reply 23 of 65
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

denial to the very end.

Do you even know what sounds the characters that make up the word ‘English’ mean?

• Reply 24 of 65
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    I saw in my Twitter feed that someone is going to be live blogging the event using the Yo app. :D
  • Reply 25 of 65
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    If the Apple TV fugly GUI doesn't get a makeover today or new ATV hardware today then I give up.
  • Reply 26 of 65
    pazuzu wrote: »
    If the Apple TV fugly GUI doesn't get a makeover today or new ATV hardware today then I give up.
    This isn't an Apple TV event today. Maybe next month.
  • Reply 27 of 65
    rogifan wrote: »

I am SO hoping their won't be a "makeover today or new ATV hardware today"!
  • Reply 28 of 65
    philboogie wrote: »
    rogifan wrote: »

I am SO hoping their won't be a "makeover today or new ATV hardware today"!

Today's event isn't about the AppleTV, the Mac, the iPod, the iPad ... just the iPhone ...

Except, they don't need Flint Center; a specially constructed, ad hoc, temporary building; fashionista attendees; streaming video coverage; etc. for an iPhone event ... there's more!

Paraphrasing Mies Van Der Rohe: "Much, much less is much, much more."
  • Reply 29 of 65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

And tech sites like the Verge will fan the flames because page views trump everything these days.

And page hits is why we can expect that every topic, every ho and every hum of the keynote will get its own article on every site. 
  • Reply 30 of 65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemicle View Post

Perhaps it's just me, but it seems that when the word "Historic" is thrown into the mix - that means something SUBSTANTIAL is going to be introduced that hasn't previously been showcased.   

In my opinion, and it's only MY opinion,  that if ABC wants to throw around the word "historic" 

One has to remember that it is ABC that is using such language. not Apple. Who knows why they think that it is such. Right now the only 'historic' thing about this keynote is that Apple got a major broadcaster presence there. Even if they didn't introduce anything wild and crazy the notion that there will be a first person news store on ABC tonight is rather big. 

As for the something substantial, it doesn't mean hardware etc. This healthkit could be what got ABCs attention. After all, obesity in America is a major issue that is discussed a lot in the news. Especially on ABC. Seeing it live and someone in action could be all they need to get their jollies

• Reply 31 of 65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Mmm ... Who own's ABC?

Mmm ... Who's CEO sits on Apple's board?

Mmm ... Who's the largest shareholder in the above company?

And how long have they owned ABC, how long as he been on the board etc and yet they haven't jumped to cover anything Apple before. So something more than personal/political connections is the cause the coverage

• Reply 32 of 65
    So Apple is live blogging their own event. When you go to apple.com you get redirected to http://www.apple.com/live/2014-sept-event/
  • Reply 33 of 65
    charlituna wrote: »

Mmm ... Who own's ABC?

Mmm ... Who's CEO sits on Apple's board?

Mmm ... Who's the largest shareholder in the above company?

And how long have they owned ABC, how long as he been on the board etc and yet they haven't jumped to cover anything Apple before. So something more than personal/political connections is the cause the coverage

I agree!

This presentation is a turning point for Apple -- it well could be historic! ... In more ways than one!

I was just trying to address the OPs question on why ABC is involved.
  • Reply 34 of 65
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

At this point, we may have to tip our collective hats to sog35. Even Skil. That would be the gentlemanly thing to do.

The guy wasn't on an island all by himself saying there would be a 5.5".  He was just annoying.  No need to tip any hats.

• Reply 35 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

I guess it is a matter of opinion. I thought WWDC this year was historic.

I totally agree.  From a software perspective- that completely laid the groundwork for enormous leaps forward.

Side note:  Anyone notice apple is live-tweeting with pics on their webpage too?

I'm getting so freaking giddy...

• Reply 36 of 65
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,821member
    prokip wrote: »
    Yeah,  I must be crazy,  because I am up at 3:00 AM Wednesday morning In Australia to catch the Tim Cook feed.

But I did the same for Stevo for many years, so Tim deserves the same respect.

And no... I do not know the score for last night's (Tuesday's) game!  Argh...who are you people?

Actually I badly worded my lame impossible time joke ... I should have said it is 'now' 9 a.m. EST and the folks in Papeete have already started watching Tim! Worse I now realize it is 10 a.m. Pacific not 9 ... Oh well ... :\

But good on yer mate for getting up. I did the same for the moon landing as a kid in the UK. Some things are that momentous! (Oh my, he said expecting a spelling correction, Americans left the u in momentous) :D
  • Reply 37 of 65

Yeah, it's going to be more than a bigger iPhone. But I wonder if Apple is playing this up too much and people (media/investors/fans) are expecting too much.

• Reply 38 of 65
    All the US indexes are down, but AAPL is up 1.13% -- hope they don't disappoint!
  • Reply 39 of 65
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,821member
    All the US indexes are down, but AAPL is up 1.13% -- hope they don't disappoint!

That's the big question. We are hanging tight, fingers crossed.
  • Reply 40 of 65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AlmondRoca View Post

Yeah, it's going to be more than a bigger iPhone. But I wonder if Apple is playing this up too much and people (media/investors/fans) are expecting too much.

I don't think so.  The new wearable is going to be completely different than what we've seen.  I mean- completely different.

Heck- they likely won't even mention the "clock face" once