Apple TV special events channel launches hours ahead of 'iPhone 6' & 'iWatch' event

Comments

• Reply 41 of 65
    I'm thinking the key to all this is sapphire -- and not just for TouchID, Camera Lens or screen covers.

Sapphire has excellent electrical properties that allow much denser placement of transistors and much lesser use of power == smaller more efficient SOCs, RAM ...

Sapphire is perfectly clear, but with impurities can be almost any color == fashion items -- including: watches, bracelets, pendants, rings, jewelry ...

What if Apple, in addition to designing the new A8, made a hard right -- and decided to make the smallest, most power-efficient APU they could -- counting on being able to communicate with/rely upon an iPhone on your person -- for the heavy lifting ...

I wonder what Apple could do with that concept ...
  • Reply 42 of 65

Wait!

What if they are changing the whole paradigm?

What if they have a device that will make US all bigger! That way, the current phone will SEEM smaller!???!

Oh wait, they already have that.... french fries and large chocolate frosty's....

• Reply 43 of 65
    lowepg wrote: »

Oh wait, they already have that.... french fries and large chocolate frosty's....

I thought they were called Freedom Fries?
  • Reply 44 of 65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

If the Apple TV fugly GUI doesn't get a makeover today or new ATV hardware today then I give up.

Maybe that'll be the highlight. Lol

• Reply 45 of 65
    AAPL up 2.32%
  • Reply 46 of 65
    iaeeniaeen Posts: 588member

Is anyone else having major problems with the video?

• Reply 47 of 65
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member

Hmm...not seeing live stream from site.  Still showing bars.

• Reply 48 of 65
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member

Damn.  The stream isn't working.

• Reply 49 of 65
    Hiccough in Live Stream -- Both Mac and iOS Dev Centers down
  • Reply 50 of 65
    2oh12oh1 Posts: 503member

Now, the live stream is showing bars again.

• Reply 51 of 65
    Annoying Asian interpreter -- Talking over Phil???
  • Reply 52 of 65
    Sigh ...

Maybe they should have had ABC do the live streaming ...
  • Reply 53 of 65

yes, this live stream is completely terrible.

• Reply 54 of 65

goddamnit!! I'm trying to stream via wifi on my apple tv and my iPhone for backup via LTE, both are inconsistent and messing up. And why is this being dubbed over in Japanese (or some other Asian language, I'm not familiar with them).

I took half a day off to watch this live! :/

Edit: this language dubbing over phil's voice is really frustrating.. thinking of going out to drown some puppies and coming back later for the edited stream.

Edit #2: 10:28 The dubbing has stopped and the stream has stabilized.. phew! (still some strange quiet mumbling though)

Edit #3:1235 Stream stopped on Apple TV and the Apple TV completely froze up. Shit.

• Reply 55 of 65

... and all the sudden the annoying Chinese voice is gone! And it hasn't crashed in a couple of minutes. life is good again!

edit: nevermind, they fired the Chinese lady, but the video keeps crashing/ restarting et the beginning.

• Reply 56 of 65

Would've been nice if the stream, y'know, WORKED.

• Reply 57 of 65
    Originally Posted by polyh3dron View Post

Would've been nice if the stream, y'know, WORKED.

Worked beautifully after the first 30 minutes.

• Reply 58 of 65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Worked beautifully after the first 30 minutes.

It worked better after the first 30 minutes. It still crashed every 15 minutes or so (at least for me).

• Reply 59 of 65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I don’t recall denying a 5.5”, just saying that it’s an absolutely terrible idea. I’ll tip something if I can be proven wrong in real-world utility, however. No problems there.

Can you tip me?

On the 9to5mac article "Poll: If the rumors are true, will you buy the 4.7-inch or 5.5-inch iPhone 6?"

You wrote "Since both are too large to be used with one hand, I don’t imagine either will be made."

• Reply 60 of 65
    Originally Posted by poppy10 View Post

You wrote "Since both are too large to be used with one hand, I don’t imagine either will be made."

Yep! That’s before we knew dimensions on the 4.7”.