Apple announces 4.7" iPhone 6 and 5.5" iPhone 6 Plus: New design, A8 CPU, Retina HD display

Comments

• Reply 21 of 343
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member

Live feed is a catastrophe. Breaks up constantly and I'm getting a chinese translation. Horrible.

I wanted to see the announcement of the iWatch live, not just read about it.

• Reply 22 of 343
    gwmacgwmac Posts: 1,811member
    I seem to recall that Tallest Skill called me insane for my predictions back in February. I believe the bet required the loser to not post for one month on AI. I even predicted the 1920 x 1080 part.

Take a big bite, you earned it.

[IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/48371/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]
  • Reply 23 of 343

I'm SO annoyed! Cuts in and out, screen goes black, some foreign woman talking over the top of it. This is the worst set up I have ever seen from Apple. They should never have let the feed be accessible by everyone. It has ruined it for me. Now I have to stay off the internet until I can watch the download instead of the stream. VERY disappointed. 

• Reply 24 of 343

So the A8 is 25% faster. However it's also more efficient than the A7.

What I want to know is where are all the extra transistors? A7 was over 1 billion, A8 is over 2 billion. More cache? Memory? Additional GPU's?

• Reply 25 of 343

Oh man, I can't believe the phones look exactly like the leaks. I was holding out hope that the back and sides would look different than the leaks but they are exact.

I'll reserve final judgement until I hold it in-hand, but it's the first industrial design I've seen from Apple that I didn't love on first look. It looks borderline ugly to me :(

• Reply 26 of 343
    Originally Posted by SirLance99 View Post

Apple is the biggest company on earth and

No, but continue the FUD¡

• Reply 27 of 343
    lol, never thought apple could mess up a keynote. boy was i wrong
  • Reply 28 of 343
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member

wow nice graphics on that game....

• Reply 29 of 343
    This whole keynote has been effed up in the biggest way ever. Safari isn't streaming, even tho I downloaded the latest version. Some other (apparently Chinese) language is overdubbed the live presentation. I missed the whole beginning of introducing iPhone 6/6 bc my Apple TV even wouldn't stream properly. Super disappointed in Apple today - worst launch ever.
  • Reply 30 of 343

"And the best displays in the industry." Thanks to our manufacturing partner, Samsung.

• Reply 31 of 343
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

I seem to recall that Tallest Skill called me insane for my predictions back in February. I believe the bet required the loser to not post for one month on AI. I even predicted the 1920 x 1080 part.

Take a big bite, you earned it.

TS is here to make you feel good about yourself.

Har!

• Reply 32 of 343

The translator is letting the little Chinese child laborers know what they have been assembling for the past 3 months.

• Reply 33 of 343

What a horrible, HORRIBLE implementation, but it’s not Apple’s fault at all. It’s just an inherent problem with the size.

• Reply 34 of 343

Is it just me or has the feed gone down???

• Reply 35 of 343
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No, but continue the FUD¡

Sorry, tech company by money

• Reply 36 of 343
    Now the display fragmentation is almost on par with the mainstream android phones.
  • Reply 37 of 343
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member

So far the 5.5" has better screen DPI and better battery life !  :-)

• Reply 38 of 343
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SirLance99 View Post

Seriously!?!?!?!? Apple is the biggest company on earth and they can't get this streaming right? This is just so bad. What a horrible user experience. 

This is Apple under Mr Cook, the world's best COO and NOTHING else. Well, that and the usual affirmative action crap, of course.

TERRIBLE Chinese dubbing, TERRIBLE non-HD stream quality (even when it's running), and underwhelming announcements so far anyway. Not to mention that I have a 125Mbps connection which makes no difference right now.

Where is the "one more thing" when we need it?

**** IT.

• Reply 39 of 343

"The iPhone 6 Plus will play games in higher resolution than next generation consoles. Think about that for a minute."

- Eli Hodapp

Impressive.  

• Reply 40 of 343
    clemynxclemynx Posts: 1,552member
    Yes, it's horrible indeed. Can't believe Apple, THE Apple, is doing this.