Samsung smartphone trade-in requests surge in wake of Apple's iPhone 6 announcements

Comments

• Reply 41 of 79
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

They seem to have left out 64 bit...

...now that is funny, all the nerdy types that this sort of crap appeals to deliberately misunderstanding the significance.

So when do you think the rock one will be resurrected?

When Apple provides more then 1GB of RAM then 64 bit might matter. We should also note that iOS 8 will copy several features that have been on Android for years. For those of us that really like Apple myself included it's just really hard not to give a member and post like that a beating. We have members that have been here for years that bashed anything that had a screen larger then 3.5 inches, now embracing 5.5 inches. It's pathetic. 

Liking the fit and finish of my MBA, iPad Air and iPhone 5s is valid. Enjoying the way they all work together is valid. When members start using stupid names acting as if companies are just going to fold when Apple is offering features both hardware and software that have been around for years is simply foolish. Sadly it doesn't get called out enough on this forum, if at all. 

Your 64 bit comment is valid and something Apple has offered before anyone else. 

I also expect now that Google, Apple and Samsung have decided to on some level try to work legal issues out instead of fighting all the time in court we will see features and hardware blend even more across companies and platforms. I would also be willing to bet Samsung will benefit down the road profiting parts in Apple products.  The reality is Samsung currently has the best panels compared to LG and others manufactures. 

• Reply 42 of 79
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member

was expecting the 4s trading to be a lot higher, I am amaze the amount of 5s is that high, lots of folks upgrade every year?  I am upgrading from a 4s.

• Reply 43 of 79
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlApple View Post

You sound like a foolish child.

http://androidandme.com/2014/09/opinions/the-magical-iphone-6-features-that-android-phones-have-had-for-years

This one is just outright funny

http://i.imgur.com/Vge3M7S.jpg

They seem to have left out 64 bit...

...now that is funny, all the nerdy types that this sort of crap appeals to deliberately misunderstanding the significance.

So when do you think the rock one will be resurrected?

They didn't bother to mention that all of those features new to the iPhone side are being added securely with privacy in mind. That is pretty important to me. I would never you google wallet, but I don't have a problem with Apple Pay given how the service is architected. Same goes for a custom keyboard. That is something I would never load on Android unless I wrote it myself. First isn't all that counts. First with a good solution is what I care about. 

• Reply 44 of 79
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

Interesting, so I'd presume that at least for some size does matter?

ETA: Is there any way those 5s traders are avoiding taking a hit? I' bought early and my contract still has six months to run...

Port your number over to Tmobile.

• Reply 45 of 79
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    A 4" 6c in different colors plus Touch ID would have covered all bases. Kids loved the 5c and if it had so many Android converts why stop the train??

A grave mistake. I can see Sammy exploiting this later with a stupid commercial.

(Apple fans let the hate and terrible reading comprehension begin!!)
  • Reply 46 of 79
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

was expecting the 4s trading to be a lot higher, I am amaze the amount of 5s is that high, lots of folks upgrade every year?  I am upgrading from a 4s.

Yeah that 5s was a surprise, but it IS the early days and I guess the true diehards that get every model would be heavily represented and they'd all have 5s's, then it should shift as people like me, who have a 5s and a contract, wait out the time until we're cost effective in switching, which for me is next March.

I still remember my 4s with fondness: absolutely great feeling and looking device.

• Reply 47 of 79
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by zeromeus View Post

Port your number over to Tmobile.

Thanks I'll look at that. I do have a grandfathered unlimited plan but what the heck, with competition heating up T-Mobile could be aggressive enough to be competitive. And I'd certainly get more for my 5s now than in march.

• Reply 48 of 79
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Of course, this could also mean that Samsung owners were waiting to see what Apple offered, and after having seen it, were disappointed, and are trading in their phones to buy new Samsung models which were also recently revealed.

That may not be a popular thought here, but it's certainly veey possible.

Uh...but Samsung new models of Note won't be released for another month, why would Samsung owners trade in their devices now unless it's for iPhone 6/6+?

• Reply 49 of 79
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

Innovations?  Name one.

(Oh, and no, a new type of faux leather is not an innovation.)

Edge display for right-handed users...lol.

• Reply 50 of 79
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wood1208 View Post

or look at this. Now, they know that Apple indeed came out with larger screen iphone which in absent left to android and now they want to come to home. That seems right.

Do you speak Englrish? lol.

• Reply 51 of 79
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

Edge display for right-handed users...lol.

Oh, sorry.  I meant "name one good innovation."

Lulzies.

• Reply 52 of 79
    64 bit has more benefits than just addressable memory. It also makes any double precision calculations and memory throughout performance more efficient...
    atlapple wrote: »
    When Apple provides more then 1GB of RAM then 64 bit might matter. We should also note that iOS 8 will copy several features that have been on Android for years. For those of us that really like Apple myself included it's just really hard not to give a member and post like that a beating. We have members that have been here for years that bashed anything that had a screen larger then 3.5 inches, now embracing 5.5 inches. It's pathetic. 

Liking the fit and finish of my MBA, iPad Air and iPhone 5s is valid. Enjoying the way they all work together is valid. When members start using stupid names acting as if companies are just going to fold when Apple is offering features both hardware and software that have been around for years is simply foolish. Sadly it doesn't get called out enough on this forum, if at all. 

Your 64 bit comment is valid and something Apple has offered before anyone else. 

I also expect now that Google, Apple and Samsung have decided to on some level try to work legal issues out instead of fighting all the time in court we will see features and hardware blend even more across companies and platforms. I would also be willing to bet Samsung will benefit down the road profiting parts in Apple products.  The reality is Samsung currently has the best panels compared to LG and others manufactures. 
  • Reply 53 of 79
    Originally Posted by AtlApple View Post

When Apple provides more then 1GB of RAM then 64 bit might matter.

Are you still on this garbage? You’re completely wrong.

We have members that have been here for years that bashed anything that had a screen larger then 3.5 inches, now embracing 5.5 inches. It's pathetic. 

We do?

• Reply 54 of 79
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    melgross wrote: »
    Of course, this could also mean that Samsung owners were waiting to see what Apple offered, and after having seen it, were disappointed, and are trading in their phones to buy new Samsung models which were also recently revealed.

That may not be a popular thought here, but it's certainly veey possible.

Anecdotally only but I've heard several older folks mention they'll swap to Apple now as the only reason they had Scamsung phones in the first place was the size.
  • Reply 55 of 79
    > So last week there were 3 Samsung trade-ins and this week 9? or was it

Exactly! These are obviously massaged statistics, otherwise we'd see actual numbers. As you say:

> Complete Fluff to advertise AppleInsider partner Gazelle

Another astute reader pointed out:

> Of course, this could also mean that Samsung owners were waiting to see what Apple offered

Exactly. What we see here is that the timing of apple's announcement may have affected the timing of people's decision to upgrade.
  • Reply 56 of 79
    Anecdotally only but I've heard several older folks mention they'll swap to Apple now as the only reason they had Scamsung phones in the first place was the size.

As one of those "older" people, one of the reasons I'm getting the Plus is to give my eyes a break. I also want the larger iPhone because it's cool! :D
  • Reply 57 of 79

No, "they're" is correct, as in "They are not the only ones."

"Their" indicates possession.

• Reply 58 of 79

No, "they're" is correct, as in "They are not the only ones."

"Their" indicates possession.

• Reply 59 of 79
    So it couldn't also be related to the release of new flagship phones by Sony, Motorola, Samsung including Samsung's own Note 4 a week before at IFA Berlin 2014?
  • Reply 60 of 79
    So it couldn't also be related to the release of new flagship phones by Sony, Motorola, Samsung including Samsung's own Note 4 a week before at IFA Berlin 2014?