Apple's iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus now available for preorder [ux2]

1246789

Comments

  • Reply 61 of 166

    I'm trying to use a promotional code "INSIDER20" (which I found on Apple Insider) to get a small discount on the purchase price. It's not taking. Why?

  • Reply 62 of 166

    Managed to "reserve" a 6+ 128gb via the App when sales first went live. I got the email with the reservation number but when I try to follow the link and retrieve my reservation it says it can't find it. Says the same damned thing whether I try to login with my Apple ID or the reservation number. Anyone have any ideas or experiencing the same thing? Tried calling Apple, and they just hang up when you try to connect with the sales dept.  :P

  • Reply 63 of 166
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,340member
    6+ Sold out. Will now ship in 14 to 21 business days.
    I thought the 6 would have sold out more quickly than the 6+.
    I hope Apple made enough 6+ units.

    Rumors had indicated a limited supply of the 6+ (5.5") until perhaps November, supposedly a little more difficult to produce to Apple's requirements.
  • Reply 64 of 166
    min_t wrote: »
    No, the store is not getting hammered. They forgot to bring it back online. T-mo users are getting screwed out of ordering since T-mo is not an option in the apple store app on IOS devices.

    Thanks for using the same network guys from the keynote stream for this launch Mr. Cook. Hope the U2 concert is good.

    I don't think the stream was the problem. I think it was the code that refreshed the twitter feeds constantly that was messing it up. The servers couldn't keep with the stream AND the code at the same time so it started failing. And then, they switched server. The Apple Store WAS down. The servers get overwhelmed and shut down, and Apple has to bring them back online. They didn't forget, but they had to wait for the servers to start responding. It's okay. I'd like to see you make servers that could withstand the demand that Apple's keynote had to withstand and that it's store had to withstand. Obviously it did pretty well if it's out of 6+ models, that obviously sold the best. I figured it would be the most popular.
  • Reply 65 of 166
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post





    I suppose. But there's just something about this phone launch that just seems off. I don't know if Apple's heart is really in these larger phones. The design is 'meh' especially the protruding camera. Maybe the company focus was on the watch and phone got less attention. Outside of Apple Pay I didn't see any iOS 8 6 only features that would make me want to upgrade from my 5s. And maybe next year the smaller model will get OIS and the better screen too.

    I had a 3GS for 3 years,  then I upgraded to the 5. I preorded my 6 last night. There isn't much change from the 5s to the 6. I wouldn't expect there to be since it's only 1 generation apart. I could have kept my 5 longer, but want the touch ID, and will give my 5 to my daughter.

  • Reply 66 of 166
    YES, my preorder is a done deal. Why would anyone want to wait in lines and have to go through all of the B.S paperwork and listen to sales people attempts to pump up the service pricing.
  • Reply 67 of 166
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AjbDtc826 View Post



     I finally got through on AT&T's site to put an order in, problem is that the confirmation screen didn't include an est shipping date and I've still waiting for my conf email 

     

    I ordered mine through AT&T at 12:10am PDT and didn't receive my confirmation email until about 4 hrs after ordering...and it said 21-28 business days! *grumble* :err: 

  • Reply 68 of 166
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by kellya74u View Post



    Was hoping to "pre-order" iPhone 6+ for delivery on October 4, my eligibility date, 3 weeks away. I can do it, but Phone is full price at $748, plus AT&T said they would absolutely charge me $250 for the "early upgrade fee." Not gonna duit! Guess I have to wait until October 4 to order..... When they then will have no phones in stock, back ordered 6-10 weeks. Preorder? No soup for me!

     

    Pre-order simply means you can order it on the 12th for delivery on the 19th, the day of release.  

  • Reply 69 of 166
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jpokorny View Post

     

    I had a 3GS for 3 years,  then I upgraded to the 5. I preorded my 6 last night. There isn't much change from the 5s to the 6. I wouldn't expect there to be since it's only 1 generation apart. I could have kept my 5 longer, but want the touch ID, and will give my 5 to my daughter.


     

    I'd argue there is a huge change from the 5s to the 6, but coming from the 5 to the 6 will be a nice jump for you.  imo, of course.

  • Reply 70 of 166

    Having an employee discount on my line really borked Verizon's preorders this morning, anyone trying to upgrade with one couldn't for a bit. So despite having everything ready to go in both the Apple mobile app and VZs site I got nowhere. After a call to CS they promised to call me back the moment it was fixed. I didn't have high hopes but after mashing refresh, the moment I could start checkout they did call me, so all went well but that wasn't until 4:30 EDT. Unfortunately it looks I missed the 19th, as I'm in the early batch a week later for my 64GB 6+ Space Gray. They tend to run conservative though, may still go at launch, we'll see no big deal either way. 

  • Reply 71 of 166
    Ordered on AT&T website at 3am with slight delay. Got my order confirmation for delivery on the 19th. 4.7 for my wife... Trying to get my job to spring for the 5.5
  • Reply 72 of 166
    Ah yes, the "limited supply" rumor. Helps to ease the pain of Apple's success.
  • Reply 73 of 166

    I wanted to get an unlocked phone. Previously I purchased a 4S unlocked from "AT&T" Why is T-Mobile the only option now?

  • Reply 74 of 166
    Was in the Apple iPhone and iPad app and the website on my laptop. Took about 20 min for either of the apps get past the "We'll be back" page. That page is like the signs shops leave up that say "Back at 1:00" and they don't get back until 3:00. VERY frustrating. The site never got past that page and I was up until about 4 AM CDT. When I finally got into the apps I got my phone pretty easily. iPhone 6 - 64 GB - AT&T - receive Sept. 19th. Then I tried to get my brother's (same line) and it took me about 5-7 attempts until I had to get it through AT&T's site which was not fairing that much better. It kept timing out and making me start over. It also kept pushing Next on me like it was a new drug they were selling ($320 over 12 months just to upgrade AND turn in the phone at the end of that term?) I finally got one order through but it wouldn't show details when I went to the order lookup page. I then check my cc and saw that AT&T sent in two verifications/holds and this caused a flag with capital one because of all the Apple Store and AT&T store activity all at once. I had to respond to their emails that everything was a valid transaction. Figured those orders were rejected so I went through one more time with AT&T and got a confirmation email finally. That one looks good.

    All the while I was also trying to get my sister's through Apple (different line) but it wasn't showing hers as upgrade eligible whereas yesterday afternoon it did show that way. Now I have to call to get that figured out. Probably missed the initial batch.

    I lost sleep over this. More than I thought I would. What a flustercuck.
    rogifan wrote: »
    I swear Apple made this phone just to get people to realize how ridiculous they are.
    Then they would have also made a 4" iPhone 6 and shown how much more people wanted that device size.

    ---

    Oh and people PLEASE stop proclaiming the 6+ is selling better then the 6. You're embarrassing yourself.
  • Reply 75 of 166

    So, Gene baby... whata you say... 12 million on opening weekend but really it's only 7 million because there are 5 million Pluses in the channel.

     

    C'mon, Gene, give us a prediction...

  • Reply 76 of 166
    adonissmu wrote: »
    Wow on the online Apple Store TMobile is sold out!!! AT&T and all the others still have units available for sale.
    I just went through with a T-Mobile Gold iPhone 6 with 64GB. Delivery is 9/19. I still don't see T-Mobile in the app, but the web is fine.
  • Reply 77 of 166
    sog35 wrote: »
    The iPhone6+ is already SOLD OUT.
    MASSIVE demand for large phone.

    Paging Tallest ski......
    Pagin Tallest ski......
    Paging Tallest ski......

    I mean really.  Its time for Tallest ski to admit he was wrong.  When the Samdung Galaxy Note first came out I thought it was the most ridiculous thing ever because of the massive screen.  But I've changed my view because of undeniable evidence of consumer demand.  Mr Tallest Ski its time for you to face the facts.  I have no desire for the 5.5 but I can't deny the massive demand for it.
    You must be new here. I mean, I know you're not but still...
  • Reply 78 of 166
    All models/configs Sold out in Singapore! That's quick!
  • Reply 79 of 166

    Ordered at about 2:15 Central time through AT&T as Apple.com was still showing not up.  Had to do two tansactions, but got the 6+ for wife and 6 for me.  This morning I see both charges on the card, but the only confirmation email I have is for the 6+.  The site was running too slow last night so I wasn't poking around to find delivery times, but I hope they both get here next Friday.  Can survive if later, but would rather not :)

  • Reply 80 of 166
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

     

    The iPhone6+ is already SOLD OUT.

    MASSIVE demand for large phone.

     

    Paging Tallest ski......

    Pagin Tallest ski......

    Paging Tallest ski......

     

    I mean really.  Its time for Tallest ski to admit he was wrong.  When the Samdung Galaxy Note first came out I thought it was the most ridiculous thing ever because of the massive screen.  But I've changed my view because of undeniable evidence of consumer demand.  Mr Tallest Ski its time for you to face the facts.  I have no desire for the 5.5 but I can't deny the massive demand for it.


     

    We all make predictions that don't pan out.

     

    I honestly didn't think they would mention the Apple Watch this early.

     

    ... and you didn't think that they would keep a metal phone in the mid-tier... that Apple would use only plastic because of costs.

     

    That's the nature of predictions.

Sign In or Register to comment.