Apple's iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus now available for preorder [ux2]

1234579

Comments

  • Reply 121 of 166
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

     

     

    AT&T CEO already announced this morning that it's much higher than the 5s demand.  I can't wait to see the results after next weekend!


     

    No doubt that will be the case, but that's hardly a surprise with 2 topline models, vs 1 last year, and generally in the tick-tock cylce, the tick (model#) is always higher than the tock (model)S. 

  • Reply 122 of 166
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

     

    So, Gene baby... whata you say... 12 million on opening weekend but really it's only 7 million because there are 5 million Pluses in the channel.

     

    C'mon, Gene, give us a prediction...


    Just play the bs news media tape from every year where they say demand wasn't strong enough.

     

    1) android is an OS and free aka makes zero $$.  Plus it is not a phone.  Stop comparing Android to iPhone sales.  

    2) iPhone opening day sales are typically higher than a full year of sales of any one android phone manufacturer.

     

    case closed

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post





    For the biggest example of this entitled whining, just go look at the top story on The Verge. What a crybaby bonanza.

    Verge are total click bait losers.  They put out two stories to pull either the lover or hater camp.  

  • Reply 123 of 166
    Took about 1.5 hrs this morning before getting the iPad to checkout a 6gold128gb & 6+grey128gb unlocked. Shipping estimated for both as 19-23 sept (canada).
  • Reply 124 of 166

    Hello, can someone tell me what is the advantage - if there is one - to buying it for $0 down and paying the per month ($27.05 for instance) rate vs. just paying the 2-year contract rate? Or is it only for people who don't want to put up the $199+ to buy at once?

  • Reply 125 of 166
    I tried to do all of the right things. I called Sprint in the afternoon to review plans. I decided on one. The agent was to put that selection in my "cart" so when orders went live, I could breeze through the process. I went online at 1:50AM central time with my new "auto refresh" operational. Well the site didn't got live for nearly an hour later. When it did go live, it was essentially worthless as it kept crashing. From past experience I knew, the later the order, the longer the backorder. I decided to call to order. I waited nearly 3 hours for a salesperson. I nearly cleared the process when THE CALL DROPPED. Did the agent call me back? NOPE. I called back and got in queue again. This time the wait was over an hour. At this point, the supervisor [I was done with the rookies] said the backorder was up to 3-4 weeks. Once again I confirmed that the telesales inventory was different than that which the retail stores draw. I went to the closest company Spring store I knew. Despite the supervisor having notes in the file at my request and having a memo number to call up those copious notes, the amount at the store for the monthly bill was more than $5 per month higher. The store manager said that there was nothing he could do but that I should call Sprint and "raise hell." He seemed to think that would net me good results. This process for me would have been a nightmare but you have to sleep to have one and I haven't slept all night because of this. It's times like this that I miss Steve Jobs?????? By the way the Sprint site is still down as I write this.
  • Reply 126 of 166

    Had to order through Version last night...  6+128gb Space grey and estimated delivery is 10/14/2014...

     

    The Plus models definitely sold out fast for what ever reason...

  • Reply 127 of 166
    Hello, can someone tell me what is the advantage - if there is one - to buying it for $0 down and paying the per month ($27.05 for instance) rate vs. just paying the 2-year contract rate? Or is it only for people who don't want to put up the $199+ to buy at once?
    You can pay ~$27 a month for 12 months ($324) and upgrade to the eventual 6s/6s+ at the end of that 12 month term (they have 18 month terms too) while turning in the 6 or you can pay the $199 up front and wait two years to be able to again upgrade at the $199 subsidized price at the end of that 24 month term (if subsidies are even around at that point anymore) while getting to keep your 6 and resell/gift. I believe your bills net out to be about the same a month.

    So with ATT next:
    Pay ~$324 over 12 months plus ~$70/month for your bill.

    Give the iPhone 6 back and upgrade to the iPhone 6s after 12 months and then pay ~$324 over the next 12 months plus your ~$70/month for your bill.

    $70/month for 24 months + $324/term for two 12 month terms = $2,328

    ---

    With a standard two year plan

    Pay $199 up front that covers the two years of the contract (while your monthly bills subsidize the rest) + ~$70/month for 24 months and keep your iPhone 6 at the end of the term.

    $70/month for 24 months + $199 upfront and keep your phone at the end = $1,879

    All that is if the Next monthly plan isn't in fact cheaper. Can anyone validate if I got that right?
  • Reply 128 of 166
    sog35 wrote: »
    The iPhone6+ is already SOLD OUT.
    MASSIVE demand for large phone.

    Paging Tallest ski......
    Pagin Tallest ski......
    Paging Tallest ski......

    I mean really.  Its time for Tallest ski to admit he was wrong.  When the Samdung Galaxy Note first came out I thought it was the most ridiculous thing ever because of the massive screen.  But I've changed my view because of undeniable evidence of consumer demand.  Mr Tallest Ski its time for you to face the facts.  I have no desire for the 5.5 but I can't deny the massive demand for it.

    That the iPhone 5.5" is already sold out [for release day delivery] does not itself mean much. It means there's definitely some demand for it, and with the volume of products Apple creates that's something, but we won't really know how successful it is until Apple releases numbers later. We don't know how many were made. It could be anything from Apple making a good amount and still underestimating demand down to Apple making a small quantity due to a manufacturing hangup.

    I'm curious to see how it holds up after one iteration when people have had a chance to interact with it and see just how large it really is.
  • Reply 129 of 166
    I got a reservation number using the app 20 minutes after midnight. Just got the email to place my order an hour ago. Shipping date says 9/19.
  • Reply 130 of 166
    boltsfan17 wrote: »
    I'm one of those people who actually bought the 5.5" because of the optical image stabilization on the camera. I would have preferred to buy the 4.7" model.

    I briefly considered it until I realized that the digital stabilization on the 4.7, if its anything like what you get on the 5s, is pretty freakin' rock steady. It's a minor trade off. You can also do stabilization in post production using iMovie or FCPX.
  • Reply 131 of 166
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by alcstarheel View Post





    You can pay ~$27 a month for 12 months ($324) and upgrade to the eventual 6s/6s+ at the end of that 12 month term (they have 18 month terms too) while turning in the 6 or you can pay the $199 up front and wait two years to be able to again upgrade at the $199 subsidized price at the end of that 24 month term (if subsidies are even around at that point anymore) while getting to keep your 6 and resell/gift. I believe your bills net out to be about the same a month.



    So with ATT next:

    Pay ~$324 over 12 months plus ~$70/month for your bill.



    Give the iPhone 6 back and upgrade to the iPhone 6s after 12 months and then pay ~$324 over the next 12 months plus your ~$70/month for your bill.



    $70/month for 24 months + $324/term for two 12 month terms = $2,328



    ---



    With a standard two year plan



    Pay $199 up front that covers the two years of the contract (while your monthly bills subsidize the rest) + ~$70/month for 24 months and keep your iPhone 6 at the end of the term.



    $70/month for 24 months + $199 upfront and keep your phone at the end = $1,879



    All that is if the Next monthly plan isn't in fact cheaper. Can anyone validate if I got that right?

     

     

    You are forgetting the AT&T value plan discount of $25 or $15 per phone per month that you can get when doing the AT&T Next

     

    Normally you pay $40 per iPhone on a mobile share plan, per month (or $30 when 10GB data plan or more).  There may be other permutations for large amounts of data plan less than 10GB.  Anyway, if you get the value share plan or whatever they call it, and buy the phone outright or use the AT&T Next plan to make monthly payments, those numbers drop to $25/month or $15/month if you have 10GB or more data plan.  So you save $15/month per phone = $180.

     

    So with a contract, and the $199 price, you pay 24 x $40 (assuming smaller data plan) = $960 plus $199

     

    With ATT next you pay  24 x $25 = $600 plus about $649 but you have no contract and can quit at any time (with just paying the rest of the phone purchase price).

     

    That is about $90 more with ATT next over the 24 month life of a contract

     

    If you have a larger data plan (10GB or bigger I believe) then the math is a little different

     

    24 x $15 = $360 plus about $649 total payments for the phone = $1009 which is about $150 LESS than the contract price total but you are paying the 10GB price for data which is higher (but you get the data too)

  • Reply 132 of 166
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

     

     

    My feelings were not as strong for that.

    But IMO the 5.5 was as obvious as day because Apple was leaving BILLIONS on the table without a phablet


     

    Your feelings were not as strong for that?

     

    Hahahahahahaha

     

    Okay... sure... somewhere in the vicinity of 30 posts declaring that to be the case. What's the cut off line for strong... 50 posts?

  • Reply 133 of 166
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xian Zhu Xuande View Post





    That the iPhone 5.5" is already sold out [for release day delivery] does not itself mean much. It means there's definitely some demand for it, and with the volume of products Apple creates that's something, but we won't really know how successful it is until Apple releases numbers later. We don't know how many were made. It could be anything from Apple making a good amount and still underestimating demand down to Apple making a small quantity due to a manufacturing hangup.



    I'm curious to see how it holds up after one iteration when people have had a chance to interact with it and see just how large it really is.

     

    As Tim Cook said about the 5S/5C... Apple miscalculated the mix.

     

    Since Apple never breaks down the numbers I don't think we'll ever know if 6+ demand was underestimated.

  • Reply 134 of 166
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

     

     

    Your feelings were not as strong for that?

     

    Hahahahahahaha

     

    Okay... sure... somewhere in the vicinity of 30 posts declaring that to be the case. What's the cut off line for strong... 50 posts?


     

    The Force is weak with that one...

  • Reply 135 of 166
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

     

     

    I never made a bet.  That's my proof.

     

    I may be too early to the party.  I pretty sure next year the line up will be:

     

    6S+

    6S

    6C - 6 in plastic case

    5C - 5S in plastic case


     

    People often don't make bets when they know they are wrong...

     

    Which is weird when they post 30 times or more about a subject.

     

    I guess that's to be expected... you change your mind so often, even after posting continuously on a subject.

  • Reply 136 of 166
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

     

     

    I never made a bet.  That's my proof.

     

    I may be too early to the party.  I pretty sure next year the line up will be:

     

    6S+

    6S

    6C - 6 in plastic case

    5C - 5S in plastic case


     

    I think you mean 5CS or 5SC since 5C is already an existing model and that would just confuse things.

  • Reply 136 of 166
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

    But IMO the 5.5 was as obvious as day because Apple was leaving BILLIONS on the table without a phablet


     

    Well, thousands.

     

    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

    5C - 5S in plastic case


     

    Are you doing this on purpose?

     

    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

    "Response to the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus has been incredible."




    He sure did speak in giant font when he said that¡

  • Reply 138 of 166
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

     

     

    Just read the press release and take Mr Cooks word:

     

    "Response to the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus has been incredible."

     

    Why can't you just take that at face value?  When has Cook ever lied?


     

     

    Yes... the response can be incredible... just like it was with the 5S... but Apple still miscalculated the mix and was short in 5S availibility.

     

    Sorry... I forgot... your comprehension level is low.

  • Reply 139 of 166
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

     

     

    5SC sounds too lame and confusing.


     

     

    Really, like 3GS was lame and confusing?

     

    5C is already taken, so I think I am on pretty safe ground to say it WON'T be 5C

  • Reply 140 of 166
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

    The problem I have with Tallest Ski is he NEVER admits he's wrong.


     

    You’re wrong.

     

    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

    Tallest Ski - So did Apple make the right decision making the iPhone6 Plus?

     

    I figure, given everything we know about the industry.

Sign In or Register to comment.