Apple Pay sparks inter-bank battle to be consumers' default choice

12345679»

Comments

• Reply 161 of 165
    Quote:

Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post

Care to illustrate how much Wallet's horrible security has cost the banks from fraud so far?

Aside from that, I'm not as tied to any one technology or company as most in this forum. If something breaks, I will move to something that isn't broken. I really don't care who makes it. I'm not trying to pass Wallet off as the ultimate solution.  If it stops working, I'll use something else. Big whoop. It's not an arranged marriage or a hostage situation.

Not my words. So don't say they are. I would imagine that the security of Wallet is about equal to that of all other CC transactions. What Apple is designing is better than that, which is why these companies are touting it - and why they are not touting Wallet.

But, you seem to like to put words in other people's mouths, so there is not point in engaging you at all. If I say something, I mean what I say, not what you change it to so it meets your needs. That defines a troll, so piss off. I'm done with you. Good bye.

• Reply 162 of 165
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrboba1 View Post

Not my words. So don't say they are. I would imagine that the security of Wallet is about equal to that of all other CC transactions. What Apple is designing is better than that, which is why these companies are touting it - and why they are not touting Wallet.

But, you seem to like to put words in other people's mouths, so there is not point in engaging you at all. If I say something, I mean what I say, not what you change it to so it meets your needs. That defines a troll, so piss off. I'm done with you. Good bye.

lol, nice diversion

You stated Apple Pay is safer. I'm asking you to quantify that. (but you already knew that's what I'm asking, and choose to act like you have no reading comprehension) 

How much fraud has been attributed to Google Wallet's NFC payment inferior safety?

• Reply 163 of 165
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,000member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

That's interesting because Amazon VISA is only used for fuel and, of course, Amazon purchases because that's where I get the extra points.

Exactly.

(As a Chase card it should work with Apple Pay, which is good). 

I'd like a geo-Aware solution as well.

• Reply 164 of 165
    chadbag wrote: »
    Exactly.

(As a Chase card it should work with Apple Pay, which is good). 

I'd like a geo-Aware solution as well.

I forgot about pharmacy purchases with my Amazon Chase Visa, and I think dining, but my Chase Sapphire Preferred (a beautiful metal card) gets me better points on dining, at least for the rest of this year, so I have that set.

I bought a label maker — on Amazon — so I could label each card with their optimal benefit for various purchase types.

I never worry about those "If you shop blah blah during the days of yada<sub>1</sub> and yada<sub>2</sup> you'll get x-more points."