Apple issues iOS 8.0.2 with fixes for iOS 8.0.1 cellular and Touch ID bugs [u]

Comments

• Reply 21 of 134
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Posters on MacRumors reporting that their cell service and Touch ID are working now.

How do you stand that place, and those forums? It's probably the worst cesspool of Apple-haters I've ever seen. Almost every article has a negative Apple slant, and at least 75% of all posts from "Apple fans" are extremely negative towards Apple, no matter what the topic is. It also has a shitload of trolls, with thousands of posts in their repertoire, and not a single one that even approaches a positive statement towards the company. That site has done a commendable job attracting the Apple-haters and pampering them, benefitting from the clicks. I've been banned permanently for calling someone out. 

• Reply 22 of 134
    apple ][ wrote: »
    The whole market took a dive today. AAPL would have been down regardless, just about everything was bloody red.

My understanding is that AAPL was partially responsible for the overall market decline. In any event, I suspect it will recover in a few weeks, barring something else going flooey in the world.
  • Reply 23 of 134
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

The whole market took a dive today. AAPL would have been down regardless, just about everything was bloody red.

Yes, the entire market hit the skids over the Fed announcement and various other 'panic points'. Let's face it, stocks will never be a rational short term investment. They are for the long haul.

• Reply 24 of 134
    Holy crap my 6 is noticeably snappier!
  • Reply 25 of 134
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    I've got it on my iPad Air, and so far, both the WiFi and cell service is fine. An interesting thing to me is that the first update took almost an hour and a half to download. This one took one minute, which is what I would expect with a 69MB update, and a 150Mbs FIOS connection.
  • Reply 26 of 134
    Installed on iPhone 6 Plus and no issues.
  • Reply 27 of 134
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ytseman3 View Post

Holy crap my 6 is noticeably snappier!

More snappy = more happy

• Reply 28 of 134
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Yes, the entire market hit the skids over the Fed announcement and various other 'panic points'. Let's face it, stocks will never be a rational short term investment. They are for the long haul.

I agree, but I guess that I'm a bit of a gambler.

Short term for me can mean as little as five minutes. I actually took a bit of a gamble on the first day of BABA, and it was insane. It took minutes for an order to even register. Normally with Apple or other stocks on a normal day, it's a second or two. I was lucky though, I got in at 95 and managed to sell at 99, right before it began diving down. The whole trade lasted no more than a few minutes. I don't get that kind of adrenaline rush from holding longterm, but I agree with you that longterm is probably the smarter, safer and wiser way to play the market.

• Reply 29 of 134
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

So I uplated to 8.0.1 on my wifi only iPad. Now it's telling me 8.0.2 is available. What's different?

If you have no problem with 8.0.1, not much at all. Probably safer to update anyway :-).

• Reply 30 of 134
    modena360 wrote: »
    My understanding is that AAPL was partially responsible for the overall market decline. In any event, I suspect it will recover in a few weeks, barring something else going flooey in the world.

I don't think the drop was because of the Feds. It was because of, first, the bending of the 6+, and secondly, the failure of 8.0.1. I suppose the fed statement may have added to it. But I would think that, if anything, it would have made the market feel better about Apple.
  • Reply 31 of 134

I have updated my 5S and entire update took less than 5 minutes from start to finish. Everything is working as expected. Apple did a good job!

• Reply 32 of 134
    foggyhill wrote: »
    If you have no problem with 8.0.1, not much at all. Probably safer to update anyway :-).

And who knows what else they may have fixed?
  • Reply 33 of 134

I installed the update on my iPhone 6 Plus and no issues. 

• Reply 34 of 134
    Quote:

Originally Posted by melgross View Post

I don't think the drop was because of the Feds. It was because of, first, the bending of the 6+, and secondly, the failure of 8.0.1. I suppose the fed statement may have added to it. But I would think that, if anything, it would have made the market feel better about Apple.

They'll bounce back tomorrow or next week. I'm not in the least bit concerned.

• Reply 35 of 134

Just updated my iPad Air to 8.0.2 and works perfectly. Well done Apple in getting the fix to the fix out there so quickly.

Now onto my iPhone 5s

• Reply 35 of 134
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Update: According to CNBC, Apple said the iOS 8.0.1 bug affected less than 40,000 iPhone 6 handsets.

So, 9 bent iphones and less than 40,000 iphone 6s that were affected by the bug, which has now been fixed, one day after.

Reading and listening to the media, you'd think that a million people had died or something.

• Reply 37 of 134
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    So I see Bloomberg has outed BY NAME the employee at Apple responsible for getting these updates out. Apparently he once had Apple maps QA under him but it was pulled and given to someone else. I'd love to know who outed this persons name to Bloomberg and why they felt it was ethical to report it. Frankly I think it's appauling they would out a mid level Apple employee BY NAME. Write the story fine, but don't give out names. :no:
  • Reply 38 of 134
    apple ][ wrote: »
    modena360 wrote: »
    Probably had something to do with the stock taking a dive today, IMHO

Hardly.

DOW: -1.54%

AAPL: -3.81%
  • Reply 39 of 134
    melgross wrote: »
    I've got it on my iPad Air, and so far, both the WiFi and cell service is fine. An interesting thing to me is that the first update took almost an hour and a half to download. This one took one minute, which is what I would expect with a 69MB update, and a 150Mbs FIOS connection.

Goodo.

Sounds as though some pain has been inflicted at Apple headquarters. Would that it had happened sooner.
  • Reply 40 of 134

Just updated my iPhone 5s to iOS 8.0.2 and everything went well. 

TouchID works flawlessly. Networking works as well. In fact it is faster too ... Nice

Thanks Apple for getting it fixed in a timely manner.