Apple issues iOS 8.0.2 with fixes for iOS 8.0.1 cellular and Touch ID bugs [u]

Comments

• Reply 81 of 134
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Goodo.

Sounds as though some pain has been inflicted at Apple headquarters. Would that it had happened sooner.

I'm sorry, but that's BS.

Apple f'ed up big time with 8.0.1, no question about that.  But I have no reason to believe that the reason why 8.0.2. was out so quickly and corrected the problem is some combination of intimidation and fear.  I would be willing to bet that the top two levels of management could have gone on vacation and said nothing to anyone and the fix would have been just as quick.  I'm sure the people who screwed up were mortified and would have moved heaven and earth to fix things regardless of what management said.  

Should some "pain be inflicted" on employees because of this?  Maybe, but probably not (someone ultimately losing their job or being reassigned because/if they proved they can't handle (after a review of what happened) it isn't "pain" in my book, just reasonable management.  Firing people and screaming at people because of a mistake would be "inflicting pain."  Whether that happened and whether that (would have) helped is all I'm questioning.

• Reply 82 of 134
    eacumm wrote: »

My bad I just had to reboot the phone, and for your information my bill is due on October 8, but I paid it on September 22 the whole $534.61 and that's most likely more then you make a week, about 1 & 1/8 of a days pay for me.

sure, if it makes you sleep better. But usually people that brag about how much $ they make usually Don't have any.
  • Reply 83 of 134
    Originally Posted by foggyhill View Post

Many people actually downloaded it and didn't have this issue. So, that's obviously not the case.

I haven’t heard of a single iPhone 6 that didn’t have this problem.

• Reply 84 of 134
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    modena360 wrote: »
    My understanding is that AAPL was partially responsible for the overall market decline. In any event, I suspect it will recover in a few weeks, barring something else going flooey in the world.

Your understanding is dead wrong and a result of you buying into FUD. I really feel sorry for you being so uniformed and gullible.
  • Reply 85 of 134
    Yikes - update via iTunes was taking too long to download so I decided to go OTA as I have in the past for smaller updates - and it did not work - after reboot and very long trying to verify the update - the phone restarted in recovery mode thinking it was a brand new phone.

Now restoring from a backup from an hour ago - and will see if it is with or without the update since the update did install as part of the recovery before I could get to a point where I could choose to restore form a backup which may be prior to the update - unless the restore is just apps and data etc and not the firmware resulting in starting over again.

Can only recall one other case where that happened with dozens of iPhone updates I have done on numerous devices.
  • Reply 86 of 134
    installed 8.0.2 and works fine - was worried a tiny bit by the noise of previous day - but all good .. was a tidal wave of foam, so i shaved
  • Reply 87 of 134
    lkrupp wrote: »
    Your understanding is dead wrong and a result of you buying into FUD. I really feel sorry for you being so uniformed and gullible.

I just wonder how much of the drop was related to profit taking. Most buys are put in before the big results come in and there are usually dips right after a launch. Interestingly enough, this release was so huge, the buy up probably ran longer than expected, and then market forces needed to drive the price back down before the next stage of releases to the next 20 countries. Also explains why everyone jumped on FUD so quickly including MSM AND financial media.

In the end, the stock market is all about buying and selling. Brokers make money when stocks are bought AND sold. The stock market loves it when prices bounce up and down because they don't make as much money from straight growth. Get the noobs to sell when prices are dropping and buy when prices are rising - that's the game.

BTW, updated both my iPhone 6+ and iPad Air. Never upgraded to 8.01, but 8.02 solved all my Tpuch ID issues on the iPad Air :p
  • Reply 88 of 134
    kpomkpom Posts: 660member
    Apparently some people in Australia had some issues with 8.0.2 when it first rolled out, but now it seems to be fine, if comments on Macrumors are accurate.
  • Reply 89 of 134
    Thanx Apple, works fine :-)
    (have a iPhone 5S)
  • Reply 90 of 134
    How about fixing the bluetooth bug that has killed thousands of car connections?
  • Reply 91 of 134
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmia View Post

sure, if it makes you sleep better. But usually people that brag about how much $ they make usually Don't have any.

Well then sense you like being a smarty pants, first telling me to pay my bill and second basically calling me a liar, if you would like proof of my salary I be more then happy to scan and email you a copy of a payroll stub as soon as I get home in the first week of October.

• Reply 92 of 134

I didn't download 8.0.1, but I have 8.0.2 running on my iPhone 6 and my iPad Air, and both are running fine.

Now lets see some apps use HealthKit! 

• Reply 93 of 134
    All perfectly fine with this update on my iPhone 6 ;.)
  • Reply 94 of 134
    morkymorky Posts: 200member
    I wouldn't like to be the quality control manager for Maps 1.0.

Lumberg: Yeah.. so, we're rolling out a map of the entire Earth next month. Can you just go in there and check everything's labeled properly? Thanks... Yeah.. and I'm gonna have to ask you to come in on Saturday.
  • Reply 95 of 134

Updated to 8.0.2 on my iPhone 5.  No problems for me.  Took a while last night since everyone was pounding Apple's servers but other than that, everything is good.

• Reply 96 of 134
    Are Apple going to fix iPad 2 users that upgraded to 8.0.1, who now use such a slow machine that my wife has vowed never to buy another Apple product as it has become unusable?

Her iPhone 5S seems OK so far, but this proves without a doubt in my mind that Apple force older product users to upgrade as they make the new software unusable on the older machines.
  • Reply 97 of 134
    Even though it wasn't stated in the update notes but WiFi seems to be back to normal
  • Reply 98 of 134
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Wall Street is so reactionary they'll actually punish an entire "sector" (in this case, the "technology sector"), as if every company was equal. They are intellectually lazy and largely sheeplike with their behavior.

Yes. Because investors are speculators. They, or their computers, buy and sell stock based on making a quick buck, not investing in companies based on the long haul.

Investors today make their money the old fashioned way: Rape and Pillage. 

• Reply 99 of 134
    Send Mommy to the store for pablum.
  • Reply 100 of 134
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    kpom wrote: »
    Apparently some people in Australia had some issues with 8.0.2 when it first rolled out, but now it seems to be fine, if comments on Macrumors are accurate.

Yeah, we discovered they'd installed it upside-down.

She'll be right, mate.