Apple issues iOS 8.0.2 with fixes for iOS 8.0.1 cellular and Touch ID bugs [u]

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 134

Believe it or not I've got 8.0.2 going on my old 4s. Working pretty well, too, without having to turn off any animations or such. Took me a good long time to get everything set the way I wanted. Even installed SwiftKey. A bit slow to get going. Otherwise ok once I get typing but I'm not overly impressed.

• Reply 122 of 134
    Quote:

Originally Posted by waybacmac View Post

Believe it or not I've got 8.0.2 going on my old 4s. Working pretty well, too, without having to turn off any animations or such. Took me a good long time to get everything set the way I wanted. Even installed SwiftKey. A bit slow to get going. Otherwise ok once I get typing but I'm not overly impressed.

Try it on a 5 or a 6. You'll be much happier with the performance.  :rolleyes: 

• Reply 123 of 134
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member

I tried to update from 7 to 8.0.2.  Software Update said the size of iOS 8.0.2 is 995MB.  However, it said I can not update the iPhone 5 because it requires 4.7GB of free space which is not available.  What is going on with Apple software?

• Reply 124 of 134
    tzeshan wrote: »
    I tried to update from 7 to 8.0.2.  Software Update said the size of iOS 8.0.2 is 995MB.  However, it said I can not update the iPhone 5 because it requires 4.7GB of free space which is not available.  What is going on with Apple software?

Use iTunes. But I would wait a few days before updating.
  • Reply 125 of 134

So I have a 6 Plus working fine with 8.0, after 8.0.1 issues I held off to see what 8.0.2.  It seems on Macrumor and and on apple community discussions there are issues with some 6's still with the 8.0.2 where some still loose WIFi, and cell. I cannot tell from the discussions if this is people with 8.0.1 or straight 8.0 having issues vs not. Here it seems most of you are having no trouble but these two other sites bother me. I like my 6 Plus and I guess I will sit on 8.0 for awhile longer, but curious who has 8.0.2 working find with 6's and who is not.

thanks

• Reply 126 of 134

Well, issues are to be expected in AU, since everyone in the southern hemisphere is upside down.

• Reply 127 of 134
    8.02 is working great on my iPhone 5 and iPad Mini!
  • Reply 128 of 134

The issues with alternate keyboards don't seem to be fixed. Even though I've deleted the English and Emoji keyboards and only have Swype, I'm still finding it flipping back to default when I go into Messages.

• Reply 129 of 134
    iOS 8.02 has created exactly the same bugs (no cell service, no Touch ID) that iOS 8.01 introduced - for a number of Australian iPhone 6 users. Is Apple aware of this problem?
  • Reply 130 of 134

Anyone still having inconsistent Touch ID on the iPhone 6 with 8.0.2? My wife is finding that it only works the first time maybe 1/2 the time, and if it doesn't work the first time, no subsequent attempts work and her only choice is to PIN unlock. I had her delete the fingerprint and set it up again, but it doesn't seem to have improved at all.

Any other ideas? Phone screen and home button are clean, hands are dry, etc.

• Reply 131 of 134

Updating to 8.02 on 5s breaks Dodge Ram UConnect bluetooth phone functionality.  Plain 8.o  worked fine.

if you have a Dodge Ram with UConnect do not upgrade to 8.02

• Reply 132 of 134
    I closed an app and my home screen wouldn't come up, leaving only my background displayed and nothing else. I had to reopen multitasking to get it to reappear.
  • Reply 133 of 134
    Upgraded and updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 8 and now have several issues with screen and battery life -- I have since complete the Restore, etc. twice with no resolutions.

In the cace of the touch screen, I found tapping the phone keypad to an automated phone prompt was recognized by neither (in some cases) Amex nor other companies in the past few days -- I also found some webpages to be unresponsive to other screen gestures.

Further the batter life has become very short -- for example, after charging the phone to 100% on an airline seat charger, it dropped to nearly 40% by the time I took the shuttle home, ie after only about 90 mins.
  • Reply 134 of 134
    I closed an app and my home screen wouldn't come up, leaving only my background displayed and nothing else. I had to reopen multitasking to get it to reappear.

A hard restart cleared up all of my issues (home button+power button held until the screen goes dark and then you'll see the Apple logo)