Consumer Reports test shows iPhone 6 Plus less 'bendy' than iPhone 6, suggests 'Bendgate' may be ove

Comments

• Reply 221 of 254
    Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetry View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Quote:

I didn't see any. Sorry to pour cold water on the topic.

You should really visit more sites there Benji, though I agree naked dwarf sugar free blueberry jello wrestling is interesting, I just think there might be more out there that might interest you as well. Have you seen shaved bunny skeet shooting?

I'm speechless.

Well there's a first.

Would that more were on this forum, who post the same thing over and over again like a goldfish.

You mean like repeatedly denouncing the Apple Watch, or repeatedly asserting the iPhone to have a design flaw, or repeatedly condemning Tim Cook as incompetent, without ever addressing any of the counter-arguments? By all means - stop being a goldfish then.

Whilst I appreciate that you're imploring all those repeaters to desist, it would be more effective to do it near the beginning of a thread, rather than at post 220. That way, more of the offending repeaters will be liable to read it and take note. As it is, it's unlikely you'll catch any this far down.

• Reply 222 of 254
    muppetrymuppetry Posts: 3,331member

Whilst I appreciate that you're imploring all those repeaters to desist, it would be more effective to do it near the beginning of a thread, rather than at post 220. That way, more of the offending repeaters will be liable to read it and take note. As it is, it's unlikely you'll catch any this far down.

I caught the one I was targeting, although I know he will ignore the request.
  • Reply 223 of 254
    Quote:

I caught the one I was targeting, although I know he will ignore the request.

If you're referring to me, I think you must have the wrong person; I've never made any of those arguments you cite.

• Reply 224 of 254
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,440moderator
    relic wrote: »
    I doubt it's over, give it a month and you'll have more idiots coming forward saying their phones are bent. The genie is out of the box and you can't stop these hit seeking, low end of the gene pool Youtubers from making more videos.

Looks like it:

[VIDEO]

It's one thing breaking a phone you bought but to purposely break phones in a store is just vandalism. It's like taking a pen in and poking the glass screen until it breaks.

They are even stupid enough to film themselves so that they can be identified and charged with damaging property. Trying to prove a point is not a defence for breaking a $750 phone.

This is what happens when you make trends, somewhere kids are going to copy it. Let's have a #watergate scandal for Android phones to prove how waterproof they are and kids can go into phone shops and pour juice over all the Android phones. They'll only cause $5 worth of damage but still.
  • Reply 225 of 254
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

[video]

I’m glad they’re stupid enough to show their faces. Apple will take it up with the local police and they’ll be charged with vandalism, destruction of property, and hopefully libel. 

Punish them severely when young; they’ll be better people as adults.

• Reply 226 of 254
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Marvin wrote: »
    Looks like it:

[VIDEO]

It's one thing breaking a phone you bought but to purposely break phones in a store is just vandalism. It's like taking a pen in and poking the glass screen until it breaks.

They are even stupid enough to film themselves so that they can be identified and charged with damaging property. Trying to prove a point is not a defence for breaking a $750 phone.

This is what happens when you make trends, somewhere kids are going to copy it. Let's have a #watergate scandal for Android phones to prove how waterproof they are and kids can go into phone shops and pour juice over all the Android phones. They'll only cause $5 worth of damage but still.

Yeah I know it's horrible, my son said both of the iPhones at out local Swisscomm were bent, they of course replaced them since but they are now under plexy glass and you now need to ask for assistance if you would like too see them. These people don't realize the implications of their actions, like Jim Jefferies said, for a society to work we need laws not for the majority but to stop that lowest common denominator of **** wits among us from doing stupid shitt. Example, Me, I can handle my drugs like a champ, but noooo, when ****'n Susie got high she drowned her kids, thus ruining it for the rest of us, what a ****.
  • Reply 227 of 254
    I’m glad they’re stupid enough to show their faces. Apple will take it up with the local police and they’ll be charged with vandalism, destruction of property, and hopefully libel. 

Punish them severely when young; they’ll be better people as adults.

I bet that kid in Singapore who got cained in the 90's for spray painting cars never did that again. If Apple does take it up with local police it will just add more fuel to the fire. They should go directly after the parents with lawyers, as much as I hate suing maybe it will just take 2 or 3 having to pay for damages and defamation of character before these kids get the hint.
  • Reply 228 of 254
    I have no doubt that this will start some sort of gorilla vandalism campaign. This actually might start hurting Apple if enough of these videos get made, even I have to admit that watching a couple of 14 year olds bend an 800 dollar iPhone was a little disconcerting. It was one thing for a husky adult, once a 9yo girl in pigtails does it though, uh oh. I'm in know way saying there is anything wrong with the iPhone 6, people want thin and beautiful, there are certain responsibilities that go with that.
  • Reply 229 of 254
    What gets me is why is no one in these videos mentioning that the iPhone 6 and 6 plus are market leaders right now in every other kind of breakability tests? It can be dropped NUMEROUS times and suffer very little ill effects, it can take scratches to its screen, and it can even play Taylor Swift underwater! Why is the bending, the only small weakness that can be attributed to the phones within a very specific set of high pressure circumstances far outside of everyday use, the only thing that is mentioned? I mean, I know all the haters love to get Apple on the tiniest and insignificant things to help them make sense of their rationalizations, but maybe they could at least mention the advantages of an aluminum body?
  • Reply 230 of 254
    I have no doubt that this will start some sort of gorilla vandalism campaign. This actually might start hurting Apple if enough of these videos get made, even I have to admit that watching a couple of 14 year olds bend an 800 dollar iPhone was a little disconcerting. It was one thing for a husky adult, once a 9yo girl in pigtails does it though, uh oh. I'm in know way saying there is anything wrong with the iPhone 6, people want thin and beautiful, there are certain responsibilities that go with that.

It's easier to break things you don't actually own. Because who is stupid enough to break something they bought.
  • Reply 231 of 254
    asterion wrote: »
    Meh... Wake me when all this childish vandalism is over.

Prepare for a very long nap. I would not be surprised to learn of a Samsung connection to this entire episode.
  • Reply 232 of 254
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member

Psssssssst!..........They are responsible for the 9/11 attacks and the Global financial crisis too, but keep it under your tinfoil hat.

• Reply 233 of 254
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Prepare for a very long nap. I would not be surprised to learn of a Samsung connection to this entire episode.

This gives them much more credit than they usually get on this site.

• Reply 234 of 254
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FlashFan207 View Post

What gets me is why is no one in these videos mentioning that the iPhone 6 and 6 plus are market leaders right now in every other kind of breakability tests? It can be dropped NUMEROUS times and suffer very little ill effects, it can take scratches to its screen, and it can even play Taylor Swift underwater! Why is the bending, the only small weakness that can be attributed to the phones within a very specific set of high pressure circumstances far outside of everyday use, the only thing that is mentioned? I mean, I know all the haters love to get Apple on the tiniest and insignificant things to help them make sense of their rationalizations, but maybe they could at least mention the advantages of an aluminum body?

Market leader, I haven't heard that yet, nor do I think I will, their defiantly a little better than the iPhone 5s. If you want tough, grab a Lumia phone but tough is not a word that comes to mind when I think of Apple gear, especially the iPhone. I've already seen one person with a cracked iPhone 6 Screen, a nurse, she dropped it while opening up her locker. My Lumia 1020 could have easily survived that drop, heck I could toss it across the room without any ill affect, but it was also built to do that. The iPhone 6 is average when it comes to overall toughness. As far as advantages are concerned for using Aluminium, well it looks good, that's about it, not a very strong metal. I've dropped my Lenovo X230 without so much as a scratch but when my son dropped my MacBook Air, it bent in several places, the body came apart and the screen cracked. No, I would like to see Apple use carbon fiber or some other material for a change, aluminium is getting kind of old. I am very happy to hear that after Apple lost a 53 million dollar lawsuit because of their refusal to replace water damaged iPhones under warranty they decided to beaf up the seals a little and make their phones more water resistant, though I'm sure you can't bathe with it as you can with a Sony Z phone ot tablet, good start though.

I know this post sounds a little anti Apple but it actually isnt, it shows that Apple trully is improving their products with every iteration. No one has the perfect phone, now if they could only add anther gig of memory.

• Reply 235 of 254
    ivinceivince Posts: 74member
    Quote:

Market leader, I haven't heard that yet, nor do I think I will, their defiantly a little better than the iPhone 5s. If you want tough, grab a Lumia phone but tough is not a word that comes to mind when I think of Apple gear, especially the iPhone. I've already seen one person with a cracked iPhone 6 Screen, a nurse, she dropped it while opening up her locker. My Lumia 1020 could have easily survived that drop, heck I could toss it across the room without any ill affect, but it was also built to do that.....

I know this post sounds a little anti Apple but it actually isnt, it shows that Apple trully is improving their products with every iteration. No one has the perfect phone, now if they could only add onther gig of memory.

The iPhone 6 / 6+ is very durable as far as drop tests go.  Here's one from an Android authority no less, and even they were impressed: 

• Reply 236 of 254
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iVince View Post

The iPhone 6 / 6+ is very durable as far as drop tests go.  Here's one from an Android authority no less, and even they were impressed: 

I never said they weren't but market leader in this field their not.

• Reply 237 of 254
    Quote:

I never said they weren't but market leader in this field their not.

Fair enough, just adding some balance as your post made it sound like the iPhone isn't especially durable from drops citing one broken screen...  The aluminum also doesn't just "look good", it has been strengthened to be durable.  From Apple, "constructed from machining a custom grade of 6000 series anodized aluminum, which is tempered for extra strength. They also feature stainless steel and titanium inserts to reinforce high stress locations and use the strongest glass in the smartphone industry" ..  But it just "looks good?"

• Reply 238 of 254

Also "iPhone 6 is the most durable iPhone yet".. says one gadget insurer:

http://blogs.wsj.com/personal-technology/2014/09/22/iphone-6-is-the-most-durable-iphone-yet-says-insurer/

So, depending on who you speak to... I guess it could be considered a market leader.

• Reply 239 of 254
    Quote:

Originally Posted by iVince View Post

http://blogs.wsj.com/personal-technology/2014/09/22/iphone-6-is-the-most-durable-iphone-yet-says-insurer/

So, depending on who you speak to... I guess it could be considered a market leader.

Most durable iPhone yet, great, not disputing that at all, most durable phone yet, no, comes close, no. Look, that's okay, still a great phone, still durable, just not a market leader in that category.

• Reply 240 of 254
    ivince wrote: »

Most durable iPhone yet, great, not disputing that at all, most durable phone yet, no, comes close, no. Look, that's okay, still a great phone, still durable, just not a market leader in that category.

Hardly.

It's the bendiest one yet. I know you and the Relic family have a penchant for dropping them and smashing the screens; whether the bendiness will help or hinder your dropping, I could not say. ????