Bank of America glitch charges some Apple Pay customers twice, error will be fixed & users reimburse

Comments

• Reply 21 of 52
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    You're going to have to wait because I have no interest in taking the time to prove you are A) human, and B) decent.

Nice try except that wasn't the accusation you postulated. :rolleyes:
  • Reply 22 of 52
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    pazuzu wrote: »

I'm postulating it now. I'm saying you're a decent human being, but since I'm not going to prove it, it means it's a bald face lie according to your rationale.
  • Reply 23 of 52
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,069member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyfozz View Post

Is BoA hopeless? Do they ever get anything right?

Ditched BoA long ago. Never never.

• Reply 24 of 52
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    This is one area Apple should expect the negative media to hit them. It is done from an iPhone 6 and it's called ?Pay. That fact that the issue is from somewhere else down the chain outside of Apple's control is not easily explained to others.

I'd even say Apple needs to make sure their financial partners in this are well tested to prevent Apple from looking bad, although in the grand scheme of this paradigm shifting service I'm betting this hiccup is unlikely to be remembered.

I suppose I have to agree but expecting Apple to be able to get Banks to actually do what they are supposed to do is probably expecting too much. Banks seem to be populated by the least intellectually gifted people in the business world in my experience.

I agree it will be forgotten, even before Bendgate ...
  • Reply 25 of 52
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member

Lol you guys sure are funny!
  • Reply 26 of 52
    eightzero wrote: »
    Ditched BoA long ago. Never never.

Banks in general seem to operate at a level of competence that most business would not accept, heck even survive at. It's almost as if people give them money ... oh wait a minute ...

I read on AI recently one poster saying credit unions were better run in the USA than banks ... is this right? I would love to deal with a competent financial institution I can have confidence in.
  • Reply 27 of 52
    idrey wrote: »

To be fair those 'guys' are hardly comparable. One, one of the most respected and largest poster on AI (hint he starts over once in a while and resets his post count) and a troll ... 'You guys' really?
  • Reply 28 of 52
    To be fair those 'guys' are hardly comparable. One, one of the most respected and largest poster on AI (hint he starts over once in a while and resets his post count) and a troll ... 'You guys' really?

My bad. Didnt mean no disrespect
  • Reply 29 of 52
    My bad. Didnt mean no disrespect

No problem.
  • Reply 30 of 52
    Quote:

Originally Posted by idrey View Post

I'm not a troll. I just say it as it is- not a blinded fanboy.

• Reply 31 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

No problem

Quote:

Quote:

No problem.

Well respected?  He's spewing lies and won't prove what he says. He's relentless in never admitting when he's obviously WRONG.

BARF.

• Reply 32 of 52
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    Pazuzu, just let it go. Yes Soli is a respected AI member, often offering unique insights on Apple topics as well as general tech topics. He's also one of the more open-minded members, willing to consider competing viewpoints when supported by facts rather than obstinately digging in his heels as some are known to do. You're not getting any respect yourself by carrying on with what are perceived as personal attacks. Tone it down.
  • Reply 33 of 52

Well respected?  He's spewing lies and won't prove what he says. He's relentless in never admitting when he's obviously WRONG.
    BARF.

Better listen to the expert in anti-Apple posts (previous post), you have to be subtle. Not saying you are anti-Apple just saying he's right for once.
  • Reply 34 of 52
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    evilution wrote: »
    What is the point in blocking spammers and trolls if people just quote them so we all have to read their inane crap?

Can we not have a button that, if enough people click it, they are banned?

There are only a few troll codependents who live to bicker with the trolls. If you block the codependents as well as the trolls, it makes reading the forum much more pleasant.
  • Reply 35 of 52
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Pazuzu, just let it go. Yes Soli is a respected AI member, often offering unique insights on Apple topics as well as general tech topics. He's also one of the more open-minded members, willing to consider competing viewpoints when supported by facts rather than obstinately digging in his heels as some are known to do. You're not getting any respect yourself by carrying on with what are perceived as personal attacks. Tone it down.

When someone accuses you of something blatantly false you don't let it go.

And I'm not the first person he's done this to on here and I doubt I'll be the last. 

A simple apology on his part could rectify it so you should be addressing him and not me.

• Reply 36 of 52
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

When someone accuses you of something blatantly false you don't let it go.

Actually I frequently do. I have false accusations tossed my way on a regular basis even falling to the level of childish trolling and name calling. Me'thinks you doth protest too much. Really. Just. Let. It. Go.
  • Reply 37 of 52
    gatorguy wrote: »

Agree. It make me laugh, but it is childish and it get old. I respect everybody's point of view. And is good to have people with different points of view as long as they are reasonable and valid to what ever the topic is about. There is no need for belligerency, everyone is entitle to their own likes. By the way the best part about this sites are the comment i learn more from the comments then from the articles. I do like the articles too, well most of the time. A lot of you sound like you know a lot and that is good for me because i learn. So thank you for your knowledge :) and troll stop trolling
  • Reply 38 of 52
    quinney wrote: »
    There are only a few troll codependents who live to bicker with the trolls. If you block the codependents as well as the trolls, it makes reading the forum much more pleasant.

If only the quotes were also blocked. The funny thing is the really angry, outrageous and spontaneous anti- Apple stuff is fine with me. It's the calculated, subtle and relentless trolls that are the worst IMHO. You know they have an agenda.
  • Reply 39 of 52
    Agree. It make me laugh, but it is childish and it get old. I respect everybody's point of view. And is good to have people with different points of view as long as they are reasonable and valid to what ever the topic is about. There is no need for belligerency, everyone is entitle to their own likes. By the way the best part about this sites are the comment i learn more from the comments then from the articles. I do like the articles too, well most of the time. A lot of you sound like you know a lot and that is good for me because i learn. So thank you for your knowledge :) and troll stop trolling

That is a good attitude. I can only speak for myself but I am always wary of those that come here deliberately albeit subtly, to undermine all things Apple at every chance on every topic they can. As I have said many times, what on earth are they here for?
  • Reply 40 of 52
    That is a good attitude. I can only speak for myself but I am always wary of those that come here deliberately albeit subtly, to undermine all things Apple at every chance on every topic they can. As I have said many times, what on earth are they here for?

Thats what i ask my self every time i read all those negative comment about apple, and many of them don't even make sense or are way off. If you dint like apple leave it alone. I don't go on other sites to troll on their products. But some people don't seem to have a life.