Bank of America glitch charges some Apple Pay customers twice, error will be fixed & users reimburse

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 52
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    idrey wrote: »
    Thats what i ask my self every time i read all those negative comment about apple, and many of them don't even make sense or are way off. If you dint like apple leave it alone. I don't go on other sites to troll on their products. But some people don't seem to have a life.

Right ... Or do they ...? You have to wonder if the more eloquent ones are not paid. If not they need to seek help. :D

I lasted 1 minute on an Assdroid site ... I couldn't take it let alone learn enough to troll.
  • Reply 42 of 52
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    Right ... Or do they ...? You have to wonder if the more eloquent ones are not paid. If not they need to seek help. :D

I lasted 1 minute on an Assdroid site ... I couldn't take it let alone learn enough to troll.

????
  • Reply 43 of 52
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member

This is really the only site with intelligent discussions. Even some of the other Apple sites are unbearable after a few minutes.
  • Reply 44 of 52
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

The Macrumors headline is that this is an "Apple Pay Glitch", and the article has like a thousand commentators "outraged" over Apple's "botched" roll-out, and having a blast crucifying Apple. What a troll cespool that entire shitty site is. Articles are even written specifically for trolls and Apple-haters, with almost all of it negatively tinged. Filthy, disgusting website masquerading as an Apple "rumor" site. 

• Reply 45 of 52
    slurpy wrote: »
    The Macrumors headline is that this is an "Apple Pay Glitch", and the article has like a thousand commentators "outraged" over Apple's "botched" roll-out, and having a blast crucifying Apple. What a troll cespool that entire shitty site is. Articles are even written specifically for trolls and Apple-haters, with almost all of it negatively tinged. Filthy, disgusting website masquerading as an Apple "rumor" site. 

Apple hating is fast becoming a web site's sure fire way to easy money. Always guaranteed to draw a crowd.
  • Reply 46 of 52

The way I read the news was that BoA said it was Apple's screw up, there was some back and forth but then BoA will be able to refund everybody that was doubled-charged.

I read it on MacHash, so I don't remember if the actual news was from MacRumors or not.

• Reply 47 of 52
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    The way I read the news was that BoA said it was Apple's screw up, there was some back and forth but then BoA will be able to refund everybody that was doubled-charged.

I read it on MacHash, so I don't remember if the actual news was from MacRumors or not.

I'd like to see that actual report from BoA since I don't see how it could be Apple's fault unless it happens between the iDevice and PoS terminal, but the PoS terminal limits to a single transaction without the merchant actively adding additional sales so it would seem to me that it would have to be on their financial institution's end.
  • Reply 48 of 52
    quinney wrote: »
    There are only a few troll codependents who live to bicker with the trolls. If you block the codependents as well as the trolls, it makes reading the forum much more pleasant.

I don't agree, because once in awhile a very good, hard-core yet eloquent Troll Slayer gets awakened and he has the ability to entertain us with his creative, masterly counter replies. I'm speaking of the one and only.... Sllllllluuuuurrrrpyyyyyy! (In my best Michael Buffer written word announcing voice)...:smokey:

Seriously, his beat-downs give me a rush and I find very entertaining in the midst of often, quite silly mundane topics to be getting upset about in the first place.
  • Reply 49 of 52
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    This is really the only site with intelligent discussions. Even some of the other Apple sites are unbearable after a few minutes.

I agree, I used to be 50/50 with MacRumors ... no more.

I was trying to think when and why this happened ...

I think, IMHO, we have very good mods on AI who are themselves Apple fans and they always feel to me they are part of the forum too. On MR it was once like that then the mods became detached and more concerned over trivia like, did you use a group quote correctly or whatever, and content was irrelevant. The result was over time the whole blog is like something at the end of a CNN article on anything vaguely controversial (or was before they wised up and dropped most comment sections).

To me AI is far better for support than even the Apple Support blog which is a misnomer as no one from Apple answer any questions. Yet newbies assume they do and the blog has a very high percentage of totally inaccurate 'answers'. It is in fact a magnet for group psychosis. One post with a problem (most often user error or ignorance) attracts a ton of "Oh I have that too so it is an Apple fault ... I knew it" type responses. Tim Minchin should write a song about it. :D
  • Reply 50 of 52
    I don't agree, because once in awhile a very good, hard-core yet eloquent Troll Slayer gets awakened and he has the ability to entertain us with his creative, masterly counter replies. I'm speaking of the one and only.... Sllllllluuuuurrrrpyyyyyy! (In my best Michael Buffer written word announcing voice)...:smokey:

Seriously, his beat-downs give me a rush and I find very entertaining in the midst of often, quite silly mundane topics to be getting upset about in the first place.

What we need is a graduated block AI system on AI ( and I mean artificial intelligence the first time there)

Select Level of Blocking:

1) Block total morons always and quotes
    2) Block total morons always and quotes unless the put down is a real zinger

:D
  • Reply 51 of 52
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member

Don't forget GTR. It's worth a visit just to read some of his one-liners. Often funny stuff that still makes a point.