Aaron Sorkin's Steve Jobs film, starring Michael Fassbender, will hit theaters Oct. 9

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    October 9th, eh? I'll just wait until around Thanksgiving and watch it on Netflix.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

They just started production and it's done before the next Star Wars... because how hard is it to film people walking and talking?

The difficulty in such a film is in the script and casting. Once this is done, you can make it real fast. Also, this is not a huge budget movie (it won't make 200M even if it does succeed), so they want to restrict shooting days to a minimum. Casablanca was done real real fast and that turned out not so bad ;-).

• Reply 23 of 30

Oh I can't believe they cast blah blah blah.

Or they are doing blah blah blah.

Relax, it's a movie about people you had no interaction with.  Buying a Mac does not make you an expert on the companies' history.  Get over yourselves.   

• Reply 24 of 30
    apple ][ wrote: »
    I have such low expectations for this movie. :no:

You haven't seen Justin Long in iSteve, have you?
  • Reply 25 of 30
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

You haven't seen Justin Long in iSteve, have you?

I believe that I saw a minute or two of it when it was talked about and came out a while ago. I couldn't watch anymore. Is that the funny or die stuff?

I choose die, because it wasn't funny at all.

• Reply 26 of 30
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

I am not a film snob -- far from it, in fact -- but Fassbender is easily one of the greatest actors of his generation.

He may well be, but plenty of really good actors have been in dud movies.

• Reply 27 of 30
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigawire View Post

Buying a Mac does not make you an expert on the companies' history.  Get over yourselves.   

Plenty of people on this forum are probably much greater experts of Apple than some of the people that worked on that movie.

And it doesn't take an expert to see that those two characters look nothing like the real thing. Anybody with at least one working eye can see that. It hardly takes an expert.

• Reply 28 of 30
    xixoxixo Posts: 449member
    The movie is believed to take place backstage at three product launches, ending with the iMac's debut in 1998.

That was the coolest Macworld Expo ever. The end of beige as we knew it.

People were looking at the iMac with their eyes bugging out of their heads.

I bought one, and a power Mac G3 a year later.

I bought a FireWire handycam before there was even iMovie to grab the video.

The thing I remember most about Macworld '98 was seeing Steve Jobs surrounded by a throng of people.

The look on his face said "that's how you do it, bitches!"
  • Reply 29 of 30
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    xixo wrote: »
    That was the coolest Macworld Expo ever. The end of beige as we knew it.

People were looking at the iMac with their eyes bugging out of their heads.

I bought one, and a power Mac G3 a year later.

I bought a FireWire handycam before there was even iMovie to grab the video.

The thing I remember most about Macworld '98 was seeing Steve Jobs surrounded by a throng of people.

The look on his face said "that's how you do it, bitches!"

The first OSX Macworld to me was better. Acqua was unbelievable and so was Ellen Feiss.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    apple ][ wrote: »
    Plenty of people on this forum are probably much greater experts of Apple than some of the people that worked on that movie.

And it doesn't take an expert to see that those two characters look nothing like the real thing. Anybody with at least one working eye can see that. It hardly takes an expert.

Who knew that the real Steve Jobs had an Irish accent and Woz laughed like a billy goat?