iOS, Android dominate smartphone market with 96% combined stake

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 82
    waterrocketswaterrockets Posts: 1,231member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizbang2FL View Post

Of course the graph is correct since it's how many phones were "shipped" not "sold" or "active".  I wonder if they keep track of how many are returned from the retailer unsold?   I know a big box store had a bucketload of Samsung Intercept devices (along with others) that they couldn't sell over 3 years.  Android phones are the burner phone you buy when you travel internationally and want a phone with a local #, or the kid needs a phone for their walk home from school.  Traditionally I found one on a bar-room floor whenever I would go out with friends and no one was desperately looking for it.  I went from iPhone 3gs to android and had 3 android phones 1 for 3 months, 1 for 5 months, and 12 months and I cancelled my phone contract and went back to iPhone 4s and moved to the 5s end of last year.   For me Android users thought it was normal to have to jailbreak the phone to be able to use it with my Mac or PC or to update the OS because the cell provider took their sweet time rolling out updates.   Apps depended on what phone model you had not just the OS (which drove me nuts trying to find an email client to access a secure exchange server)  IOS may not be perfect, (and i detest "siri" with its lack of understanding) but compared to Android I am able to use it more effectively than I ever could use any of the droid versions.   It's my workhorse.  I am now off the soapbox.....:D

...stupid consumers are stupid consumers. My Nexus 4 updated immediately when Google released the binaries, and my Moto X runs about 2 weeks behind the Nexus devices. I don't buy skinned phones. The Android fragmentation sucks, and most people don't know any better.

Being more effective on iOS vs Android is a personal preference. I much prefer Android's features and interface, but I wish I could run it on Apple hardware.