Apple Stores will cater to Apple Watch Edition buyers with 30 minutes of hands-on time

Comments

• Reply 21 of 139
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,096member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by brlawyer View Post

Drop your apologetic nonsense, please.

It is anything BUT reasonable given the pie-in-the-sky price; it should be more like 300 minutes for any serious buyer - and people still call US trolls...amazing.

Nothing he said was wrong...

And yes, your statements still qualifies you as a troll... don't you have hands to hold with your BFF Ben?

• Reply 22 of 139
    mike1 wrote: »
    Makes sense. I bet many appointments will run long at the beginning.
    I wish they would make it easier to buy accessories, gift cards etc. Hate waiting for help to buy something off the shelf.
    They really need a standard checkout line for that stuff. Especially during peak times and the holidays.

You can buy those things in the Apple Store app when in the store. It's called EasyPay and it's been available for over 3 years.
  • Reply 23 of 139
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member

Sounds great.  I'll have to set my calendar to remind me to tell my pilot to get the jet ready so I can fly to the nearest country that actually has an Apple store.

• Reply 24 of 139
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

You just suggested that people merely interested in ?Watch Edition should be able to get an Apple employee for 5 hour time frames as standard; and yet you're dumbfounded why such a comment makes you sound like a troll.

Tell me, what single wearable item have you ever spent 5 hours trying on before buying? Nary a one for me, and that includes time getting fitted for a bespoke suit.

Anyone ready to spend $17K on an Apple Watch is not gonna need to spend 5 hours - or even 30 minutes to decide.  People with that kind of money know what they want and don't wait around thinking about it.  It's those same people that will walk into a Lamborghini dealership and point to a car and drop their bag of money down.  They have other things to do with their time.

• Reply 25 of 139
    konqerrorkonqerror Posts: 685member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

why would it take 5 hours to try on a watch?

My parents' jeweler has encouraged them to take items home overnight before, and this is just a suburban strip mall type place. Of course, they've been a customer for years, but I'd imagine this is standard practice for any jeweler with a client relationship.

I know if you're serious about buying a car, dealers will let you take a demo overnight.

• Reply 26 of 139
    sflocal wrote: »

Lawyer-boy and his holier-than-thou attitude ranks right up there along with his boy-toy Ben.

Anyone ready to spend $17K on an Apple Watch is not gonna need to spend 5 hours - or even 30 minutes to decide.  People with that kind of money know what they want and don't wait around thinking about it.  It's those same people that will walk into a Lamborghini dealership and point to a car and drop their bag of money down.  They have other things to do with their time.

Make no if-and's-or-but's about it... lawyer-boy is trolling away.

It takes one to know one, and brlawyer knows nothing about how the filthy rich use their time. ;)
  • Reply 27 of 139
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    sflocal wrote: »

I just spent a great deal more than the most expensive ?Watch Edition for a new car and I spent all of 5 minutes with the salesman. I did nearly everything online via email, and a couple phone calls (which promptly ended as soon as the guy realized I would much rather do this without talking on the phone*). This was even more remarkable considering I also got with another company to drive up from LA to do an all-day installation in Santa Barbara before the dealership in Santa Barbara delivered it to my doorstep. The entire duration of writing and reading emails, talking 3 calls (had to make an initial call to the company in LA to get the ball rolling, but then moved to email correspondence), emailing my license and proof of insurance (which i keep in 1Password and images), and retrieving, signing, and mailing back the paperwork they sent me with the included return envelope all probably took about 30 total minutes of my time… and that was an involved situation with a lot of legal aspects to it.

* I like the paper trail of email and I can carefully write an email whilst doing other things, but when I take a call my focus has to be the caller.

konqerror wrote: »
    My parents' jeweler has encouraged them to take items home overnight before, and this is just a suburban strip mall type place. Of course, they've been a customer for years, but I'd imagine this is standard practice for any jeweler with a client relationship.

I know if you're serious about buying a car, dealers will let you take a demo overnight.

I have a feeling that ?Watch will find its way to jewelry stores that sell watches so I have no doubt that those sam situations will still endure.
  • Reply 28 of 139
    brlawyerbrlawyer Posts: 828member
    sog35 wrote: »
    why would it take 5 hours to try on a watch?

Don't take my 300-minute remark literally, please - my point is that for such a price a LOT more should be provided in terms of "elite" service.
  • Reply 29 of 139
    It takes one to know one, and brlawyer knows nothing about how the filthy rich use their time. ;)

The fact that you take my comment literally shows how childishly some "no-criticism" members behave around here...besides, I assure you that the "filthy rich" do not buy mass-marketed products like an Apple Edition Crapwatch to show off...in fact, you won't ever see them around popular stores like Apple's.
  • Reply 30 of 139
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Rich people should be smart enough to know they can buy it on their AMEX Platinum then try it out at home. If they don't like it, return it within 14 days for a full refund. 

• Reply 31 of 139
    mstone wrote: »
    Rich people should be smart enough to know they can buy it on their AMEX Platinum then try it out at home. If they don't like it, return it within 14 days for a full refund. 

AMEX is one of the least accepted cards in the world - most people, rich or otherwise, have MCs and Visas instead.
  • Reply 32 of 139
    Quote:

The fact that you take my comment literally shows how childishly some "no-criticism" members behave around here...besides, I assure you that the "filthy rich" do not buy mass-marketed products like an Apple Edition Crapwatch to show off...in fact, you won't ever see them around popular stores like Apple's.

There you go again... all you're doing is proving us correct about you... keep the entertainment going...

• Reply 33 of 139
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    brlawyer wrote: »
    I assure you that the "filthy rich" do not buy mass-marketed products like an Apple Edition Crapwatch to show off...in fact, you won't ever see them around popular stores like Apple's.

Is he trolling or is he just that stupid?
  • Reply 34 of 139
    Quote:

AMEX is one of the least accepted cards in the world - most people, rich or otherwise, have MCs and Visas instead.

Who the heck cares about that?  Apple accepts AMEX, and this is about an Apple product.  So are you trying to make some vague point, or did you just see a squirrel and want to distract everyone?

• Reply 35 of 139
    danielswdanielsw Posts: 906member
    Quote:

Why don't you people quit your incessant squabbling and crepe hanging about every damn Apple product under the sun? Are your lives so empty and dismal that that's all you can think of to say?

• Reply 36 of 139
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

Does the Apple store accept AMEX?  What do you know? They Do.

AMEX has lots of advantages, but most people including the rich have more than one credit card anyway.

Personally, I don't leave home without it.

• Reply 37 of 139
    danielsw wrote: »

Why don't you people quit your incessant squabbling and crepe hanging about every damn Apple product under the sun? Are your lives so empty and dismal that that's all you can think of to say?

I love Apple IIs/Macs and have only used them for 25 years now - I also like my iPhone/iPad a lot, as they are the best phones/tablets in the world - finally, I have converted more than 25 people to Macs (and counting)...probably a LOT more than some of the people here, and all that without even caring to own a single Apple share.

That doesn't mean I need to agree with everything Apple does, and particularly not under Cook's uninspired watch (no pun intended).
  • Reply 38 of 139
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

Ladies and gentleman, a fine of example of our astute, insightful member calling everyone on this board "childish" for having an issue with his incessant and mind-numbing trolling. Crapwatch? Amazing. Almost on the level of "iSheep", "Crapple", "Jobs cultists", and other such intellectually stimulating descriptors found online. No doubt we will all benefit from your drooling insight. Also, thanks for advising us that we should take nothing you say at face-value, and that you don't have the honesty or integrity to be accurate or say what you mean.

Again, your hand-wringing and concern about the treatment Apple Watch Edition buyers receive, while you simultaneously shit on the product, is hilarious. In any sane forum you'd be instantly banned for such flagrant intellectual dishonesty and fake concern. The fact you use words such as "crapwatch" and act offended about "no-criticism" members, as if you're actually making a thoughtful, reasoned critique, is also astounding. 

• Reply 39 of 139

Seems like it will be more of a guideline, I'm sure there will be a table set up for one to go and see the watches and try them on. with the different bands and such. Then the watch will have a demo on it and you can see it in action. But still this is like 5-10 min maybe a lap around the store, and your done.

• Reply 40 of 139
    solipsismysolipsismy Posts: 5,099member
    Seems like it will be more of a guideline, I'm sure there will be a table set up for one to go and see the watches and try them on. with the different bands and such. Then the watch will have a demo on it and you can see it in action. But still this is like 5-10 min maybe a lap around the store, and your done.

I'd think the simplest and most compete setup for the default demo would be to have an iPhone paired to each ?Watch out of sight. This allows for a rich demo experience with plenty of apps that work with ?Watch, as well as staff that have been trained to use the various apps being pushed from the iPhone.

If you request to pair your own iPhone for testing, perhaps to see how a call "feels" and sounds, I don't see foresee that being an issue, especially for ?Watch Edition.