Two-thirds of Apple Pay users running into problems at checkout, survey claims

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 123
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    foggyhill wrote: »
    I'm in Canada and used Chip and Pin for 5+ years, and don't know what your talking about. Look at price on checkout which shows up on payment terminal (terminal may be bolted or on a cord in some bracket), slide card in (if its a debit card select with account), enter pin, bam its done.  Takes 15 seconds if I'm really really slow. The only time were the cashier at my store handles my terminal is when I want a cashback (and other stores don't do it that, so I'm guessing that's just them). I've paid for $1000+ items that way.

Yeah I heard great thing about Chip and Pin but keep in mind I was using a CC not Debit, so I am not sure if that makes a different. I used my CC at least 20 times while in Canada and only two places it was simple. First,checking into the hotel they ran the card on their computer and the rental car place and they too ran it on the computer terminal. I did not have to interact with the POS or do any extra steps.

Everywhere else did as I said above, it was long and involved process, In the US I swipe my card, and sign, 5 second if that. Apple pay even fast. To give you and idea, was at a grocery store which I saw they have the new NFC terminal and my wife was pulling out her CC to swipe and before she would reach to swipe I put my Iphone up to the terminal with my finger on the ID and it was paid before she knew what happen. I this case the cashier must have done the right thing since she had no ideal I had an Iphone and would pull it out of my pocket.
  • Reply 122 of 123

I'm a Lumia fan! I recently conducted a survey on SoGoSurvey, where I found that Microsoft phones do not have many takers but I find Nokia/Microsoft one of the best phone makers in the market. At least you do not face such problems on a Windows phone.