Apple Watch preorders will begin after 12:01 a.m. Pacific on April 10

Comments

• Reply 21 of 50
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

38mm Watch with Milanese Loop. Credit card at the ready.

me too - only issue for me is the 38/42mm

it would be nice if Apple Stores allowed the try on appointments before this date - 

• Reply 22 of 50

Can't wait! I'll be ordering the stainless steel with white band at midnight, and a bit later down the road get the Milanese Loop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson View Post

I've never bought an Apple product on release, so I don't know what to expect, but I'll be up at midnight next Friday in an attempt to get one delivered on release day.  Conveniently, free practice for the Chinese Grand Prix will be on TV at the same time, so no hardship staying up!

Anyone who has ordered something like an iPhone as soon as they become available, how easy is it to get an order in?  Are Apples servers generally reliable, or should I be expecting something of a shit show?

I haven't ordered at midnight before, but from reading past threads (and the above posts) it seems that ordering from the Apple Store app is much more reliable than ordering from a web browser. Good luck! (unless you're going for the same watch as me) ;)

• Reply 23 of 50
    waterrocketswaterrockets Posts: 1,231member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DimMok View Post

Credit card at the ready.

No Apple Pay?  ;)

• Reply 24 of 50
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PatchyThePirate View Post

I haven't ordered at midnight before, but from reading past threads (and the above posts) it seems that ordering from the Apple Store app is much more reliable than ordering from a web browser. Good luck! (unless you're going for the same watch as me) ;)

A possibly useful piece of advice from getting up at 2.55AM east coast time for nearly every major new product intro from Apple: make sure to have the Apple Store ordering page up and running on the browser on your Mac, the App up and running on the iPad, and similarly the App on the iPhone. If things get stuck in one or all of those (as they probably will), keep flitting about each of the three.

One of them usually ends up working within 10-15 minutes! At least, that's been my experience..... ;)

• Reply 25 of 50
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

will be ordering Black on Black 38mm Sport model

Any thoughts on what strap might go with the black stainless steel? I am not a huge fan of the black strap. (Or will the black stainless steel be limited solely to black straps?)

• Reply 26 of 50
    The Australian site has preorders starting at 5:01PM Sydney time. This is equivalent to 12:01AM Pacifc. However, what is not clear is, will we be trying on watches all day on the 10th leading up to that time or will try on bookings only be available from that time. Either way it's very nice to know the time for this launch. iPhone 6 release time was not made clear which added unnecessary pressure to the whole day waiting for the pre-orders to start.

To those asking, for many years the Apple Store App would come up before the website and be the fastest way to pre-order. For the iPhone 6 and plus though, it was so busy that for many people it took over an hour for either app or website to come up.
  • Reply 27 of 50
    A possibly useful piece of advice from getting up at 2.55AM east coast time for nearly every major new product intro from Apple: make sure to have the Apple Store ordering page up and running on the browser on your Mac, the App up and running on the iPad, and similarly the App on the iPhone. If things get stuck in one or all of those (as they probably will), keep flitting about each of the three.

One of them usually ends up working within 10-15 minutes! At least, that's been my experience..... ;)

"Thanks for visiting the Apple Store. We'll be back soon!"
  • Reply 28 of 50

I just wonder what "gate" this watch will have.

• Reply 29 of 50
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Right_said_fred View Post

it would be nice if Apple Stores allowed the try on appointments before this date - 

Likewise. That band looks great. I have a small wrist though and can't be sure which size makes sense. I am hoping that a preorder made on 4-10 can be modified before it ships if I can scoot over to an Apple Store in between for a try-on.

• Reply 30 of 50
    paulmjohnsonpaulmjohnson Posts: 1,380member
    Quote:

That's really useful, thanks Anant.  I think I'm going to go the extra step of running an ethernet cable from my modem to my Mac so I can't suffer some WiFi related mishap as well!

Out of interest, when you've managed to get an order in within the first 15 minutes, has that usually equated to a release day delivery?

• Reply 31 of 50

I am hoping that a preorder made on 4-10 can be modified before it ships if I can scoot over to an Apple Store in between for a try-on.

Excellent idea!
  • Reply 32 of 50

Out of interest, when you've managed to get an order in within the first 15 minutes, has that usually equated to a release day delivery?

Every single time! Often Sometimes a day or two before the promised date.
  • Reply 33 of 50
    iaeeniaeen Posts: 588member
    Quote:

Any thoughts on what strap might go with the black stainless steel? I am not a huge fan of the black strap. (Or will the black stainless steel be limited solely to black straps?)

Black SS comes only with the black link bracelet. You can, of course, buy a second band, but the package costs $1050 or $1100 of which at least $550 is from the link bracelet.

• Reply 34 of 50
    iaeeniaeen Posts: 588member
    Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Right_said_fred View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Likewise. That band looks great. I have a small wrist though and can't be sure which size makes sense. I am hoping that a preorder made on 4-10 can be modified before it ships if I can scoot over to an Apple Store in between for a try-on.

Good! I'm counting on people getting scared by the $1000 price tag of the link bracelet and settling for the Milanese loop. I expect supply to be heavily constrained for that model.

I am in a similar boat with sizing. I expect that you can, at the very least, cancel your order and submit a new one if you want a different size/style. My plan: pre-order a 42mm link bracelet and then trying it on in store. If I don't like it, cancel and re order what I do want.

• Reply 35 of 50
    dr millmossdr millmoss Posts: 5,403member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by iaeen View Post

Good! I'm counting on people getting scared by the $1000 price tag of the link bracelet and settling for the Milanese loop. I expect supply to be heavily constrained for that model.

I am in a similar boat with sizing. I expect that you can, at the very least, cancel your order and submit a new one if you want a different size/style. My plan: pre-order a 42mm link bracelet and then trying it on in store. If I don't like it, cancel and re order what I do want.

I'm not scared off, I just don't like link braclets.

• Reply 36 of 50
    therfmantherfman Posts: 52member
    I want one of the dark watches, but not willing to pay the price of the black SS one, especially for a gen1 product. So I'll get the Sport model and an aftermarket band later. Not sure about the size. I will likely pre-order both, try them in the store and cancel the one I don't want.
  • Reply 37 of 50
    hayzenhayzen Posts: 6member
    Do they have a limit of 2 watches per person similar to when ordering newly released iPhones?
  • Reply 38 of 50
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    I'm not scared off, I just don't like link braclets.
    I do like link bracelets, I have a beautifully designed titanium one on my Citizen, but I don't care for Apple's design. I'm gonna reserve judgement until I see it in person, but it's far to minimalist for me, which is a shame because it looks like it's one of the best crafted designs of all of them. It sort of reminds me of one of those "elastic" metal bands.
  • Reply 39 of 50
    dewinterdewinter Posts: 14member

I printed out the two sizes on my printer.  They look so close in size I am leaning towards the bigger, for more screen.  Has anyone said the smaller is supposed to be for women? The watch band sizes for sport are only two.  So that's one easy decision.  But agree with most of you.  Order what I think I want.  Then try on in the store.

• Reply 40 of 50
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

I'll be asleep, hence won't be ordering one. In fact I don't believe I'll be buying one until v2 or v3. Good luck Apple!

Me neither. I don't think people will pre-order that a lot since it's a new product. They'd rather try it first in stores.

Hmmm...perhaps.

But I don't recall it working that way with the first iPads or iPhones.