Apple Watch preorders, 12" MacBook sales go live with limited availability [u]

Comments

• Reply 21 of 202
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    My address would not verify. For any of the 5 cards I have in Apple Pay. Had to manually enter the CC info with the same address Apple Pay was showing. This crap would not have flown 5 years ago. Back then stuff HAD to work. (BTW the online store finally came up around 3:11 EDT)

no problems with Apple pay here, used it twice. how do you mean that 5 years ago that wouldn't have happened? there were tons of launch day store challenges even under Jobs, if that's what you're insinuating, tho he died less than 5 years ago.
  • Reply 22 of 202
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Phoo: 42mm Black SS, June.
    3:15 was late.... Or it started that way?

Easy enough with the app and Apple Pay w Touch ID.
  • Reply 22 of 202
    Sport black - may 13 to may 27 (my order)
    Edition (any) - August (not my order!)
  • Reply 24 of 202
    I ordered the 42mm Space Black Stainless with Link bracelet at 12:05 PDT and still got a delivery date of 4-6 weeks (May 13-27). I wonder if anyone else who ordered that model got an earlier delivery date.
  • Reply 25 of 202
    Disappointed that in-store pickup wasn't even an option for me in Colorado. I'm out of town right in the middle of the 4/24-5/8 delivery window it gave me. :(
  • Reply 26 of 202
    Ordered through online store (which wasn't live until about 12:10 PST) and had no issue ordering the Apple Watch 38mm Stainless Steel Case with White Sport Band. Expected to deliver between 4/24 - 5/8.
  • Reply 27 of 202
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterJH3 View Post

Disappointed that in-store pickup wasn't even an option for me in Colorado. I'm out of town right in the middle of the 4/24-5/8 delivery window it gave me. image

I don't think it was an option for anyone. 

• Reply 28 of 202

Got in right at 3:01a ET via the Store app on my iPad, 4-6 weeks right away even checking out in under 30 seconds, oh well.   

• Reply 29 of 202
    Wanted to use PayPal credit. It's a payment option online but not on the app. Could have had mine end of April. 4-6 weeks isn't so bad, I guess.
  • Reply 30 of 202

Interesting about the in-store pickup, because - "The Apple Watch will be available for in-store pickup if a user decides to have the device delivered to a store. But the initial orders must be placed through Apple's website, the company revealed." - based on the AppleInsider article from Thursday, April 09, 2015, 05:48 am PT (08:48 am ET).

• Reply 31 of 202
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Joseph Byun View Post

I don't think it was an option for anyone. 

Interesting about the in-store pickup, because - "The Apple Watch will be available for in-store pickup if a user decides to have the device delivered to a store. But the initial orders must be placed through Apple's website, the company revealed." - based on the AppleInsider article from Thursday, April 09, 2015, 05:48 am PT (08:48 am ET).

• Reply 32 of 202
    Well, I botched the first attempt at the 42 grey sport - couldn't get the app to use a $350 gift card. By the time I used Applepay, I was at 4-6 weeks. Then ordered the 42 as mloop - 4/24 to 5/6. Will cancel 1 after I see them in-store.
  • Reply 33 of 202
    tony411la wrote: »
    I ordered the 42mm Space Black Stainless with Link bracelet at 12:05 PDT and still got a delivery date of 4-6 weeks (May 13-27). I wonder if anyone else who ordered that model got an earlier delivery date.
  • Reply 34 of 202
    Tony, i got same one at :02. When I ordered it said 24th. The the email changed to may.

I would bet we will have it very close to launch. The iPhones said 4-6 weeks and shipped in a few days. The preorder gives Apple a heads up on what to make more of.

tony411la wrote: »
  • Reply 35 of 202
    42mm Milanese Loop, order finally went through (in Hong Kong) at 12:23PST, delivery 4/24-5/8!

If I change my mind I'm sure I can sell it in Mong Kok for a profit.
  • Reply 36 of 202
    My experience ordering is similar to some of yours. A few minutes, ApplePay was super easy, but it kept rejecting my work address without explanation. I'll call later and get them to change it. The Space Grey AL ships in mid May.
  • Reply 37 of 202
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    Supplies are sold out in the first 30 minutes. It's obvious the Watch is a flop and that APPLE IS DOOMED! LOL
  • Reply 38 of 202
    42mm space gray Sport and black band. Used a $400 visa gift card plus the card stored on my iTunes account. Nice that the website accepted two payment methods. Now the waiting begins...June! Ugh
  • Reply 39 of 202
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    Supplies are sold out in the first 30 minutes. It's obvious the Watch is a flop and that APPLE IS DOOMED! LOL

no, it's just all artificial supply manipulation on apple's part. right? uh, guys...?
  • Reply 40 of 202
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member

4-6 weeks here too. Ordered two because I'm still not decided on which one I want. I'll cancel one nearer release.