Strong preorder demand for Apple Watch could signal 5M sales in June quarter, RBC says

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 76
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    flaneur wrote: »

This "report" isn't evidence of a delay. It's to cover up for analysts being wrong. In this same link, some analysts downgraded Apple. Others didn't think they would beat expectations. One analyst said the device growth has slowed. This was back in October.

How wrong they were.
  • Reply 62 of 76
    There are a whole bunch of people here who simply cannot abide the fact Apple has another hit on its -- I mean, our -- hands.

It truly must suck to be them.

I feel quite badly for these people, honestly. NOT :D: please continue to post your vapid nonsense so that we can point and laugh. After all, it would be rather boring on these threads if we all agreed with each other all the time.
  • Reply 63 of 76
    atlappleatlapple Posts: 496member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

There are a whole bunch of people here who simply cannot abide the fact Apple has another hit on its -- I mean, our -- hands.

It truly must suck to be them.

I feel quite badly for these people, honestly. NOT image: please continue to post your vapid nonsense so that we can point and laugh. After all, it would be rather boring on these threads if we all agreed with each other all the time.

In about three years we will know if it's a hit or not. Many that are doing the preorder have never tried on the watch, no clue how will it functions with their iPhone, how long the battery life will really last in the real world. This device pretty much needs an iPhone to do anything useful, many may not see this product as a need. 

Most don't even know how well the watch is going to fit or how well it feels on their wrist. The entire rollout of this watch has been somewhat pathetic. First an announcement followed six months later by an event, delay to preorder and now a 4-6 week wait. 

The tiresome nonsense about "haters", members on this forum always seem to need a villain. Maybe we should wait until the real numbers come out before you do your victory lap. You can use the fitness tracker which will be good because I doubt you have any real face time in a gym. 

• Reply 64 of 76
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    atlapple wrote: »

In about three years we will know if it's a hit or not. Many that are doing the preorder have never tried on the watch, no clue how will it functions with their iPhone, how long the battery life will really last in the real world. This device pretty much needs an iPhone to do anything useful, many may not see this product as a need. 

Most don't even know how well the watch is going to fit or how well it feels on their wrist. The entire rollout of this watch has been somewhat pathetic. First an announcement followed six months later by an event, delay to preorder and now a 4-6 week wait. 

The tiresome nonsense about "haters", members on this forum always seem to need a villain. Maybe we should wait until the real numbers come out before you do your victory lap. You can use the fitness tracker which will be good because I doubt you have any real face time in a gym. 

It may take some of us three years. Others will be certain in three months. There may be a correlation with time spent in the gym.

For example, I will know in three months, and I never go to a gym.

Victory laps are unseemly, asking for trouble. It isn't a conquest, but haters seem to feel they are losing something when Apple succeeds.

What you are calling a pathetic rollout is a reflection of the difficult task they set for themselves with this Watch. It's the most novel, complex and the densest electronic consumer product ever made.
  • Reply 65 of 76
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    thrang wrote: »

Additional solid gold on the watch top and bottom for the bands, and a rather large solid gold buckle. The last few dineros are for the high quality leather vs the rubber watch band
    bottom line, you mean the leather band worths fucking >$7000? No it's ain't because the gold in that band wouldn't cost over $500 or 0.5 oz.
  • Reply 66 of 76
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    pscooter63 wrote: »
    Well, I was actually thinking Beetlejuice... but hey, the shoe fits.  8-)

Lol
  • Reply 67 of 76
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

Do you wear 2 watches at once?

God gave me two wrists for a reason. :p

• Reply 68 of 76
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlApple View Post

Most of the world will not need three years. If you'd like to wait until then, you certainly should, but honesty on your part then would also mean that you refrain from giving us your opinion until all the data have come in.

Battery life is a red herring: Apple's claims in the past have always been spot on, and there's no reason to suspect it this time. Unless you can provide some evidence otherwise, which you can't.

Anyone with half a brain could partake of the abundance of information on Apple's website including detailed info on things such as strap sizing. The pictures and videos are superb. If you're not sure, you should not pre-order, as simple as that. Go to a store, try one on, then decide whether you want one or not. Spare us your condescension if we were one of those that felt comfortable enough with the info to pre-order: after all, there appears to have been many hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of us.

The only tiresomeness here emanates from whiners like you and losers who are consistently -- and wrongly -- anti-Apple.

Why don't you move along, and check back with us in three years on this topic.

• Reply 69 of 76
    formosaformosa Posts: 261member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by idrey View Post

Bad news for Google: Apple has managed to sell more Apple Watches in a single day than the number of Android Wear smartwatches sold in an entire year, if market research from Slice Intelligence is to

http://www.businessinsider.com/android-wear-apple-watch-google-advantage-developers-2015-4?utm_content=bufferba6d6&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Interesting article. I didn't realize that Pebble doesn't use Android Wear OS.

So this article says that Pebble has shipped more units (1 million) than Android Wear (720k), up to the end of 2014. Think of that again -- a kickstarter company out-ships Google, Motorola, LG, and Samsung combined.

• Reply 70 of 76
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    atlapple wrote: »

Same could be said about the original iPhone. Look what a colossal failure that turned out to be.
  • Reply 71 of 76
    iaeeniaeen Posts: 588member
    formosa wrote: »

So this article says that Pebble has shipped more units (1 million) than Android Wear (720k), up to the end of 2014. Think of that again -- a kickstarter company out-ships Google, Motorola, LG, and Samsung combined.

Pebble was the first real player in the smart watch market. Google OTOH released android wear in an attempt to steal Apples thunder before they could get the Apple Watch to market. Big difference. One company was releasing a product they think people want, the other is checking a box so they can say they offer it.
  • Reply 72 of 76
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    formosa wrote: »

It's also been out much longer, and is platform agnostic.
  • Reply 73 of 76
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Steffen Jobbs View Post

All Samsung will have to do to make an AppleWatch killer is copy it as close as possible, give it a slightly longer battery life and sell it for less money.  The news media will eat it up and claim Samsung's smartwatch is much better and Apple is in trouble.  They always say that type of BS by only looking at the specs and nothing else.  Most of Apple's retail system is now geared for selling AppleWatches.  Samsung has nothing like that.  It is guaranteed the anti-Apple news media will be pushing a whole lot of AppleWatch killers for the rest of this year.  However, I don't see any other company profiting from selling smartwatches.  Apple will own the highest profit margins and possibly the highest single company smartwatch market share.  That will be very difficult task for Android Wear devices to overcome.  If Apple continues to push hard in retail and improve upon AppleWatch the rest of the smartwatch companies might as well just give up.

But they have tried that... and their most recent iterations falls short in the real world even though on paper they appear to out-spec their Apple counterparts.  If the Watch offers snappy performance, a simple and useful interface, and leverages the huge iOS eco system... you aren't going to have people ditching iPhones just so they can retool and get a Galaxy AND a new Samsung watch.  

It doesn't matter if they 'win' the number of units sold.  They have never chased that... they chase building a war chest of future technology to keep the money coming in (and the next generation of products in the works).  Say what you want, but when companies make lots of money, they can do a lot more crazy stuff.

• Reply 74 of 76
    Clearly, I recognize that there is a difference between a classic mechanical watch and a smart watch, but as many have pointed out over the past 6 months, lots of people buy, collect and wear mechanical watches because of the art and science of classic timepieces. I'm intrigued by the Watch, because of the tech of it and the fact that I've been an Apple follower and user of their products for more than 25 years, and may possibly get one myself, but it would likely be a secondary watch for me.
  • Reply 75 of 76
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    starxd wrote: »

Are you insane?  This is an absurd reaction to his comment.  There is nothing slanderous in the mild opinion he expressed, and he doesn't need "proof" in order to state an opinion.  Calm down before you have an aneurysm.  

its tinfoil-hat nonsense, nothing more. apple is the most profitable public company in the history of the human race, it got that way by selling actual products. it does not earn profit by intentionally withholding products. they are already the most desired CE goods on the surface of the planet. thus any suggestion that they are withholding products, at the cost of profit, in order to create additional demand is simply nonsense. get real.