It's that time again....post your desktop !!!

1246712

Comments

  • Reply 61 of 230
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    hey groverat,

    Does IE for windows still have trouble displaying transparent PNGs like these?







    </off-topic>
  • Reply 62 of 230
    fobiefobie Posts: 216member
    [quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:

    <strong>hey groverat,

    Does IE for windows still have trouble displaying transparent PNGs like these?







    &lt;/off-topic&gt;</strong><hr></blockquote>



    Yes it does, I'm in school right now using Win2k with IE 5.5, and the PNG's aren't transparent.
  • Reply 63 of 230
    zozo Posts: 3,115member
    Mac's Girl: If you press Apple+Shift+4 you can select an area of the screen instead of the whole thing.



    There is also a command you can give through Terminal to select the output format (jpg, tiff, etc... tiff is default).



    You can also use TinkerTool to access this type of option.
  • Reply 64 of 230
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    [quote]Originally posted by ZO:

    <strong>Mac's Girl: If you press Apple+Shift+4 you can select an area of the screen instead of the whole thing.



    There is also a command you can give through Terminal to select the output format (jpg, tiff, etc... tiff is default).



    You can also use TinkerTool to access this type of option.</strong><hr></blockquote>



    or you do that:



    Apple's Cocoa Development mailing list archives contain an interesting snippet that explains how to change the default screenshot (command-shift-3 and -4) format from TIFF to JPEG, PICT or PNG. The original article can be seen here (read the dialog box for the username and password), but it's basically a one-line terminal command:



    defaults write NSGlobalDomain AppleScreenShotFormat imageFormat



    Replace imageFormat with one of JPEG, TIFF, PNG, or PICT to change the format of the screenshot.
  • Reply 65 of 230
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    double post <img src="graemlins/embarrassed.gif" border="0" alt="[Embarrassed]" />



    [ 05-08-2002: Message edited by: Defiant ]</p>
  • Reply 66 of 230
    /mandolux//mandolux/ Posts: 648member
    ...here is my current desktop picture:



  • Reply 66 of 230
    alpha macalpha mac Posts: 463member




    [ 05-06-2002: Message edited by: Alpha Mac ]</p>
  • Reply 68 of 230
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    IE6 on XP doesn't display the transparency. One of the many reasons I use Mozilla generally.



    AlphaMac:

    Compression formats are your friend.
  • Reply 69 of 230
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    here's mine, nothin special



    <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/ryantann/.cv/ryantann/Sites/.Public/screenie.jpg-thumb_194_194.jpg"; target="_blank">the shot</a>
  • Reply 70 of 230
    ferroferro Posts: 453member
    [quote]Originally posted by CubeDude:

    <strong>here's mine, nothin special



    <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/ryantann/.cv/ryantann/Sites/.Public/screenie.jpg-thumb_194_194.jpg"; target="_blank">the shot</a></strong><hr></blockquote>



    Jeeez 1.9MB...



    And that aint no jpeg....
  • Reply 71 of 230
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    [quote]Originally posted by CubeDude:

    <strong>here's mine, nothin special



    <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/ryantann/.cv/ryantann/Sites/.Public/screenie.jpg-thumb_194_194.jpg"; target="_blank">the shot</a></strong><hr></blockquote>Please change the extension of your file. That is not a jpg; it's a tif. I think some browsers may not handle it properly if you give it the wrong extension.



    [ 05-06-2002: Message edited by: starfleetX ]</p>
  • Reply 72 of 230
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    it is a jpeg now, thx for telling me
  • Reply 73 of 230
    spongemacspongemac Posts: 28member
  • Reply 74 of 230
    spongemacspongemac Posts: 28member
    [quote]Originally posted by CubeDude:

    <strong>here's mine, nothin special



    <a href="http://homepage.mac.com/ryantann/.cv/ryantann/Sites/.Public/screenie.jpg-thumb_194_194.jpg"; target="_blank">the shot</a></strong><hr></blockquote>



    DUDE, still linking to the 1.9mb file. Edit your original post and update the URL.
  • Reply 75 of 230
    mac's girlmac's girl Posts: 556member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

    <strong>mac's girl, all you have to do is go to show info (file menu) and copy the icon from there. Then just chose the foler you want the icon to go on (with show info still open) and then paste the icon and that should be it.</strong><hr></blockquote>



    before i assign these new Xicons to various folders, is there anyway to revert back to the originals (just in case)?



    my desktop is so sloppy right now, icons floating all over the place. i've been doing some rearranging and organizing, so i should post it up soon as im done.
  • Reply 76 of 230
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    [quote]Originally posted by mac's girl:

    <strong>before i assign these new Xicons to various folders, is there anyway to revert back to the originals (just in case)?</strong><hr></blockquote>To revert to the default folder or drive icon, simply delete the custom icon. Select it in the Show Info window and click delete. Easy!
  • Reply 77 of 230
    firehcfirehc Posts: 368member
    sorry to jump in sth not so relevant

    how can i shrink the size of iTunes to something like PC^killa's desktop??
  • Reply 78 of 230
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    [quote]Originally posted by firehc:

    <strong>sorry to jump in sth not so relevant

    how can i shrink the size of iTunes to something like PC^killa's desktop??</strong><hr></blockquote>







    hit the green button



    [ 05-08-2002: Message edited by: janitor ]</p>
  • Reply 79 of 230
    firehcfirehc Posts: 368member
    thanks janitor



    i ve tried everything but the green button



    silly me!!!!
  • Reply 80 of 230
    mac's girlmac's girl Posts: 556member
    [quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:

    <strong>To revert to the default folder or drive icon, simply delete the custom icon. Select it in the Show Info window and click delete. Easy! </strong><hr></blockquote>



    thanks. good to know. im sorry im having so much trouble with such a simple thing.



    i found soom cool icons, but im not sure if i can assign the folder icons to folders, not apps. it wont let me. it says i have to pick an app. but what if i just want a folder that opens without an app?
Sign In or Register to comment.