Shipping dates for 42MM Apple Watch, Apple Watch Sport slip to July worldwide

Comments

• Reply 61 of 85
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Right_said_fred View Post

Actual selling prices on eBay right now are crazy. mine is still 'processing' #frustrating

Same with mine. I ended up cancelling my watch order last night. Since I'm going out of town for a few weeks, I didn't have a choice but to cancel. I'll buy a watch eventually. 

• Reply 62 of 85
    pfisherpfisher Posts: 758member

Another site is reporting Sweatgate with a sticky digital crown. After hundreds of years of watches, has this happened before?

• Reply 63 of 85
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

brlawyer is a spammer.

He keeps posting that the Watch is a failure and Tim Cook is a failure. 

That's spamming.  Everyone already knows how he feels about Tim Cook yet he keeps posting negative spam dozens of times a month.

If he really has ZERO interest in the Watch why is he constantly posting comments in Watch topics?

The reason is he wants to get a negative response aka as Trolling.

The watch won't be a failure, but I doubt it will go far. It will be very much a niche product. They have drifted from Apple's values about ease of use and made the watch too complicated in regards to features and settings on iPhone. It should be Pebble-ish.

• Reply 64 of 85
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlApple View Post

If you're that upset about how the moderators moderate the forum then stop posting here. If it's that dramatic then you should logoff the internet and never get back on again. 

Just because you think someone is a troll doesn't mean they are actually a troll, that is why we have moderators that is for them to decide not you. If you don't like something then report it and then shut up about it. 

Trolling on most forums is often defined to, a personal attack, sexual harassment, trying to spam or sell something on the forum, abusive language. Sometimes I wonder how many of the members on this forum survive in the real world. Do you have your own personal moderator follow you around all day? Does he protect you from mean people? 

If you don't like something then ignore it and move on. Maybe the moderators have an opinion we are adults and can work out most issues on our own. What a shocking concept. 

Trolls are pretty harmless.

It's some of the people here, not to name names, one who points figures and calls people trolls then goes on rants using the class "F" word in every post. And they you have people come right out and call people idiots. Really classy. 

Even when a "troll" writes an elaborate opinion piece, backed up by facts" is attacked. Flat out attacked and called a troll. It seems moderating views are  have to have a certain viewpoint here, where it suits some people, to not get reported.

I've written some very sincere opinion pieces, stating an opinion, and defending it with facts, and then reported for doing so. Reported and called a troll.

Moderators pretty much don't exist here as I have seen them in full force in other places deleting posts for being offensive or attacking others.

• Reply 65 of 85
    atlappleatlapple Posts: 496member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

So every iPhone release has been a shit awful rollout?

4-6 week waits is normal for iPhone releases.

Most estimate that Apple sold 2 million watches the first weekend.  That is MASSIVE DEMAND.

I don't believe we have ever had an iPhone announced then an event six months later followed by a delay in ordering followed by a 4-6 week delay. I believe even Angela Ahrendts commented this rollout didn't go as well as they would have liked. The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus sold over 10 million units in the first weekend.

Even if the 2 million number is correct and we don't  know if that is the case unlike the iPhone we don't know if that is a burst followed by much slower sales. No history to compare. 

I find most have a hard time justifying the need for an Apple Watch. It really doesn't do much without an iPhone. Now people will wait and see if there is really a hardware issue. 

The Apple Watch was announced in Sept of 2014 it's not like there wasn't enough time to build up the supply. If you like the way the watch looks and how it performs thats one issue the rollout it's hard to say this was an awesome rollout. 

• Reply 66 of 85
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member
    magman1979 wrote: »

We already knew you were a god damned spamming prick, but you've just proven that a million times over. Every paragraph of that pedantic rant you just wrote is full of negativity, hate, homophobia, and sheer stupidity.

So how about YOU do everyone a favour, and GET THE **** OUT and take your horse shit homophobic bile with you!

Oh, and consider yourself fucking flagged for offensive commentary and hate speech. I suggest all readers here do the same!

Naysaying doesn't amount to anything. Some words strung together to form negativity-filled spin on what Apple is doing. Armchair CEOs. Fact-less predictions. Anonymous noise posted on the Internet. This is their contribution to the universe and it ain't much.
  • Reply 67 of 85
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member

I ordered mine on April 12th and the shipping date said July. Ironically, the current shipping date for the same model remains July. I'm hoping that means my shipping date will actually be late May or June.

• Reply 68 of 85
    radster360radster360 Posts: 546member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by brlawyer View Post

Nope. Terrible supply chain management.

Don't think so. Tim is the genius supply chain management guy and he could have it happen so. It is absolutely the demand. I guess we will all know the truth when this quarter are reported in 3 months.

• Reply 69 of 85
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member

I just watched the video embedded in your link ("Here's what happens when you drop an Apple Watch face down on cement").   Very surprising results considering the screen is supposed to be almost as scratch/damage proof as the sapphire version.  While almost everyone wouldn't intentionally drop the watch, accidents can happen. Then there's this: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7015269

• Reply 70 of 85
    applezillaapplezilla Posts: 941member

Got mine on Thursday. 42MM SS Milanese. Now just need the sport band for workouts and everyday use I ordered at the same time.

3:03am, Friday April 10th.

• Reply 71 of 85
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,096member

Trolls being upset at being referred to as "trolls"?  Must really have them in a bind now.  And whiners criticizing me for criticizing mods for not doing what's necessary to keep the threads clean?

Keep it going... please...

• Reply 72 of 85
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,010member
    To be fair, Tim's response in the conference call was artfully broad, about the response being overwhelming. Response could of course mean many things, and since they were not talking numbers for the watch (and likely won't talk much since it is not in its own reporting category), you can also understand his vagueness.

I'm pretty certain there is a confluence of events...high demand, one or more component or manufacturing issues, and perhaps purposeful slow roll out to address any issues that arise. It's almost like a silent public beta period.

I was at the Apple Store in Paramus NJ today, first time since the Watch was introduced. I did not like the experience much - the whole glass case concept felt very un-Apple like, the anthithsis of the rest of the store which invites you to try and touch anything The tryout setup is not able to deal with more than a few people at a time, so I was fortunate the store was not busy so I could try on a few bands. (I really like the look and feel of the Watch, and the screen quality is simply gorgeous, But honestly, I struggled to get the Sport band to clasp easily....)

I think the hands-on demo section should have been in the center of the store, not on the side...that tryout section should be there. But this whole new approach, whether an attempt by Ahrendts to imprint her decisions, or something more purposeful to keep early Watch adoption somewhat measured while they sort through early ramp up pains, the net result is an approach that is a mistake.

While the store was not overly busy, there was very little activity at the Watch tables. There also was a third party representative at the door taking Watch surveys on an iPad mini, for a $10 iTunes gift card. They asked a lot of questions, and it included the option to record a video explaining what you liked and didn't like about the experience (which I pointedly did)

I found this in-store survey somewhat troubling. Apple rarely does surveys, and I got the feeling like they weren't sure at all what they were doing with this launch, or perhaps, why sales might not be where they expected (there were several purchasing intent questions)

Nonetheless, I await my watch, still pending for mid May delivery and my wife's is still in the shipping box awaiting her return from a business trip...
  • Reply 73 of 85
    desuserigndesuserign Posts: 1,316member
    [QUOTE name="Mac_128" url="/t/186084/shipping-dates-for-42mm-apple-watch-apple-watch-sport-slip-to-july-worldwide/40#post_2718873"]
    Maybe. But I don't see it that way. Maybe this fashion season while it's hot, but watches have always been in a space to be different and I don't see Apple changing fashion unless Jony Ive suddenly gains the reputation of a Paul Lagerfeld with fashion designers around the world looking to him for design cues on all manner of fashions.
    [/QUOTE]
  • Reply 74 of 85
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
  • Reply 75 of 85
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Oh, heavens to Betsy!

Thank you, moderators!

And thanks to all who flagged his deliberately annoying posts.

• Reply 76 of 85
    brucemcbrucemc Posts: 1,541member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

And thanks to all who flagged his deliberately annoying posts.

Indeed.  Also interesting that they cleared out a few of the posts that in general were discussing opinions of "what a troll is".  My main issue was two fold: his comments were overwhelming negative on everything (which is not simply providing a different opinion) and deliberately framed to be controversial - and he made it clear a number of times what his real issue with Tim Cook was.

• Reply 77 of 85
    fjkelly3fjkelly3 Posts: 2member
    placed my order at 1:04 Mountain Time on 4/10 - Sport
  • Reply 78 of 85
    fjkelly3fjkelly3 Posts: 2member
    ordered the Sport Edition 42MM Space Grey w/ Black Sport Band (the "me too" edition) on 4.10.15 @ 1:04AM - ship date of May 13-27. Was bummed when my charger cable showed up on 4.24.

Checked this morning - status updated to Preparing For Shipment and CC has been charged! Hoping to see my new watch this week!!!
  • Reply 79 of 85
    gcv01gcv01 Posts: 1member
    Isn't saying that some critics have complained that the 38mm watch is too small like saying that people with size 12 feet have complained that size 8 is too small? I could see that argument that the 38mm watch isn't small enough or that the 42mm watch isn't big enough, but you can't argue that a size is too small when a larger option is available.
  • Reply 80 of 85
    Quote:

Originally Posted by brucemc View Post

Indeed.  Also interesting that they cleared out a few of the posts that in general were discussing opinions of "what a troll is".  My main issue was two fold: his comments were overwhelming negative on everything (which is not simply providing a different opinion) and deliberately framed to be controversial - and he made it clear a number of times what his real issue with Tim Cook was.

I offered a definition of what a troll is on another thread, a thread specifically about that topic: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/156737/petition-about-the-trolls-on-ai#post_2348357