Google reveals Google Photos with free, unlimited photo and video storage [u]

123457»

Comments

• Reply 121 of 128
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    dklebedev wrote: »
    Leave your snarky tone to yourself. If you believe Google that's your bid.
    From Wired:
    http://www.wired.com/2015/05/google-photos-new-essential-picture-app/
    "One thing it doesn’t do is recognize you by name. It’ll group together photos featuring the same face, and it was even smart enough to know the difference between my own face (The article's writer) and a 3-D printed version of my face. But it won’t automatically append an identity to those faces, and that’s by design.

“It’s very important for us to make this a private home for your photos,” Anil Sabharwal, head of Google Photos, told WIRED. “We’re not tying this back to any identity. You can label a person and over time, you can give them nicknames, but from the system’s perspective, it’s not tied to any identity… Any changes or intelligence that we learn from tagging a particular person in your account won’t impact anything on my account. We want to keep those things very siloed in order to maintain this very private area.”

Gosh, who to believe. You or folks that actually looked into it? Excuse me if I trust Wired and even Google more.
  • Reply 122 of 128
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Reply 123 of 128
    pistispistis Posts: 247member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    From Wired:
    http://www.wired.com/2015/05/google-photos-new-essential-picture-app/
    "One thing it doesn’t do is recognize you by name. It’ll group together photos featuring the same face, and it was even smart enough to know the difference between my own face (The article's writer) and a 3-D printed version of my face. But it won’t automatically append an identity to those faces, and that’s by design.

“It’s very important for us to make this a private home for your photos,” Anil Sabharwal, head of Google Photos, told WIRED. “We’re not tying this back to any identity. You can label a person and over time, you can give them nicknames, but from the system’s perspective, it’s not tied to any identity… Any changes or intelligence that we learn from tagging a particular person in your account won’t impact anything on my account. We want to keep those things very siloed in order to maintain this very private area.”

Gosh, who to believe. You or folks that actually looked into it? Excuse me if I trust Wired and even Google more.

The last time I disagreed with gator guy he called me a moron . Sounds like he is burning as many bridges as he can - I truly feel sorry for him . I forgive him , he sure is using a lot of good karma points up
  • Reply 124 of 128
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    pistis wrote: »
    The last time I disagreed with gator guy he called me a moron
    That is not something I would ever do as anyone who's familiar with my posts here would attest to. . It didn't happen. You've confused me with someone else's comments.
  • Reply 125 of 128
    pistispistis Posts: 247member
    gatorguy wrote: »
    That is not something I would ever do as anyone who's familiar with my posts here would attest to. . It didn't happen. You've confused me with someone else's comments.

No I'm right
    You are wrong
    No I'm right
    You are wrong
    No I'm right
    You are wrong
    No I'm right
    You are wrong
    No I'm right
    You are wrong
    No I'm right
    You are wrong
    No I'm right
    Ans so every Apple insider forum goes
    Sighs ...
  • Reply 126 of 128
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Reply 127 of 128
    Yet another service from google