14567810»

Comments

• Reply 181 of 183
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayz View Post

"weird lifestyle employees"

Seriously?

His dictionary dates back a little. Weird used to mean "different".

• Reply 182 of 183
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

I must be missing something. Did Apple refuse to serve some people? Maybe you're mistaking Apple for a bakery? http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/may/19/northern-ireland-ashers-baking-company-guilty-discrimination-gay-marriage-cake

(Now might be a good time to make a snide remark about Apple, Ireland, and taxes, though)

This world suffers from homophobia. Homophobia kills. Apple, as a company that takes its social responsibilities seriously, decided to feature gay apps, which increases the pride of gay people and reduces the moral clout of people claiming being gay is wrong, and other nonsense which might drive a gay person to suicide (or live their life in denial, which is pretty bad too).  This has nothing to do with "serving people equally", but does have something to do with "fostering a world of equality", the way I understand things...

You are missing something. I was not talking about Apple, but replying to the whiny religious wingnut stating that the constitution is officially dead and that religious liberties are being taken away. Yeah, this thread is all over the place. You and I may disagree on UK electrical standards but we're in violent agreement on this one ;-)

• Reply 183 of 183
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LordJohnWhorfin View Post

You are missing something. I was not talking about Apple, but replying to the whiny religious wingnut stating that the constitution is officially dead and that religious liberties are being taken away. Yeah, this thread is all over the place. You and I may disagree on UK electrical standards but we're in violent agreement on this one ;-)

Oh, OK. Well, thanks for clearing that up. It does go in all directions!