Full trailer for 'Steve Jobs' film shows Apple co-founder's successes and struggles

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 56
    atlappleatlapple Posts: 496member

Based on that trailer it looks like it will hit the Walmart 5.00 bin on Oct 10th. 

• Reply 42 of 56
    bdkennedy1bdkennedy1 Posts: 1,459member

Not feeling it.

• Reply 43 of 56
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    ...or the cheese, sugary ketchup or the "fried" meat for that matter. :)

Or the feedlot "beef."
  • Reply 44 of 56
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member

Why didn't  they cast Jason Clarke? He really looks like SJ! Michael Fassbinder is bad casting, visually. I don't get a good vibe from the trailer. 

• Reply 45 of 56
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    When I clicked play I was ready to hate the trailer, but wow, I thought it was really great. If the finished film has any of this energy that the trailer has, it might very well be brilliant. And because he looks nothing like Steve I actually felt I was getting more involved in the story, and the tone of the direction.
  • Reply 46 of 56
    digitoldigitol Posts: 276member

Complete horse $hit

• Reply 47 of 56
    mr_cazorpmr_cazorp Posts: 39member

This is a big step down from the teaser trailer, IMO. The dialogue is almost comically ham handed and on-the-nose, and that's without even getting into whether it's accurate or not. (It isn't, as confirmed by Woz himself.)

The definitive Steve Jobs movie in my mind is still, and probably ever shall be, "Pirates of Silicon Valley." If you haven't seen it, seek it out, it's fantastic. 

• Reply 48 of 56
    am8449am8449 Posts: 392member

I really hope the movie is good.

But I just can't imagine it. It occurred to me that if I didn't know about or care who Steve Jobs was, the trailer would not entice me to see the film. It seems like just a jumbled up mess of diverging storylines.

I'm guessing part of the problem is that too many people already know too much about Steve's life that you can't stray too far from the truth to make the plot more engaging. If you do, people will say you're distorting the truth. But if you just go strictly by the facts, it falls flat and you might as well have made a documentary, which this film is not.

• Reply 49 of 56
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    am8449 wrote: »
    I really hope the movie is good.

But I just can't imagine it. It occurred to me that if I didn't know about or care who Steve Jobs was, the trailer would not entice me to see the film. It seems like just a jumbled up mess of diverging storylines.

I'm guessing part of the problem is that too many people already know too much about Steve's life that you can't stray too far from the truth to make the plot more engaging. If you do, people will say you're distorting the truth. <span style="line-height:1.4em;">But if you just go strictly by the facts, it falls flat and you might as well have made a documentary, which this film is not.</span>

This looks like a high school drama club version of Jobs' life. Amateurish and shallow.
  • Reply 50 of 56
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

Or the feedlot "beef."

Yep, Flan....80% of antibiotics (USAToday) are used on livestock. 1,850 gallons of water to produce 1 pound of meat. (Farreed Zakaria, GPS/CNN).

• Reply 51 of 56
    Quote:

Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

It will go through his life, upto the iPad announcement.

The whole point of these conversations that didn't happen is to explain the plot to those who know nothing. Woz probably didn't ask jobs what exactly he did, but somebody probably did.

Actually the structure of the film is that it is composed of three parts - each taking place around a product announcement.  The original Mac (1984), Next (1988), and then the iMac (1998).  I have a feeling the film will be great.   Danny Boyle and Fassbender are true talents and even though Fassbender doesn't actually look the part, once you get engrossed in the story and performances it won't matter.

• Reply 52 of 56
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

Of course a trailer is going to highlight the drama and conflict, it wouldn't be much of a trailer otherwise.  I think it looks very well made, Fassbender has gravitas, and it will probably be worth a watch.

• Reply 53 of 56
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member

Actually the structure of the film is that it is composed of three parts - each taking place around a product announcement.  The original Mac (1984), Next (1988), and then the iMac (1998).  I have a feeling the film will be great.   Danny Boyle and Fassbender are true talents and even though Fassbender doesn't actually look the part, once you get engrossed in the story and performances it won't matter.

Surely it's going to include the iPhone?
  • Reply 54 of 56

It's pretty tough not to be distracted by how little Fassbender looks and sounds like Jobs. You can even still detect his foreign accent. At least Wylie and Kutcher somewhat resembled him. Not very good casting.

• Reply 55 of 56
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    asdasd wrote: »
    Surely it's going to include the iPhone?

Nope.