Rumor: Apple to launch 'end-of-life' iPad mini model and 'iPad Pro' in 2015, forego 'iPad Air 3'

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 105
    steveausteveau Posts: 302member
    Just wanted to say you're welcome and to ask if and when you find the time, possibly to come back to this thread and give your impressions and usage scenario of FileBrowser Pro. I like to here other people's stories, wishes, likes/dislikes. I often feel that the majority of my clients and even myself personally, don't make use of alot of the features some of these great apps have, nor do we have the time to test every single feature. So it's nice to hear from professionals in other situations, if only for me to take notes for later. :smokey:

Will do, although it might take some time to fully appreciate what it can do.
  • Reply 102 of 105
    steveausteveau Posts: 302member
    spheric wrote: »
    I don't get the obsession with handwriting. It is so much slower than even single-thumb typing... Although, I guess if you're drawing something and labelling it, it might be nice not to have to switch input modes. Nice to have, I suppose.

The power of Apple has always been that it gives flexibility to the user, so that we can choose what's best for us. If you are happy tapping on screen then that's great (no sarcasm, I mean it). As for me, I'm an urban planner and designer so sometimes I need to sketch, sometimes to write and can't afford to muck around changing apps mid-stream. Also, if I'm tapping on a screen I need to look at the screen attentively, but with handwriting I can still pay some attention to the others in the room while I write. 80% of the communication is in the body language, the expressions of the others in the room, etc. I could record everything, but It makes everyone too self concours and guarded, and it means I have to spend an equal amount of time reviewing the transcript later. I don't want to use dictation, because I'd have to talk over whoever was talking, which is just plain rude, and sometimes I'm recording observations that I'd rather others weren't aware of. So, for me, handwriting recognition is the go. I've got a couple of candidate apps, but the reviews are mixed, so I'm holding off.
  • Reply 103 of 105
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,642member

I get what you're saying, and I see your point.

I will note that Apple's strength has always been making a choice on behalf of the user, and NOT offering maximum flexibility. They went all "flexibility" during their worst of times in the 90s, which ironically cemented their reputation as a "pro" OS, which was the exact opposite from what Apple initially set out to be. 

I agree that handwriting would be great for the usage scenarios you describe.

• Reply 104 of 105
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,021member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

All i can say is you are in the minority. I'm glad you enjoy your Mini

Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Huh? Why so defensive?  Apple sells like 400% more iPad's than Mini's.  You are in the minority.

You love that line.  It's fairly obvious that mini owners are in the minority.  That doesn't mean the product lacks value.  Apple TV owners are in the minority compared to Mac owners, too.  So are Watch owners.  So are MAC PRO owners.  You're making nothing but a rhetorical argument.