Samsung cuts prices for Galaxy S6, S6 Edge by 100 euros after disappointing financial results

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 84
    tooltalktooltalk Posts: 766member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by basjhj View Post

I will give you that a correct log scale would still be deceptive with regard to your graph. Posting deceptive, manipulative graphs in combination with claims that nothing is wrong makes some question your claim that all is rosy in Samsung land. And that is a very relevant observation for the discussion.

The irony here being that that very same graph you posted shows that Samsung has a serious problem maintaining high average prices for their new phones, and that this problems is getting bigger with each new release. And believe me, that big picture is far more telling than the navel-gazing regarding 'the first four points'.

@basjhj: Sure. you are regurgitating the same garbage repeatedly raised, addressed in Post #50.   Nobody here is arguing that everything is rosy in Samsung land, but you.  Your nonsensical mischaracterization about the graph not scaled precisely down to decimal places doesn't change the irrelevance of your all your comments in this thread. 

• Reply 82 of 84
    thepixeldocthepixeldoc Posts: 2,257member
    tooltalk wrote: »
    @pixeldoc : Sure, sounds like you never bought non-Apple products in your life?

Far more than you can possibly imagine... or I would like to admit to wasting hard-earned money on.
    As said earlier, the cost of production drops substantially throughout their product cycle in tech. Samsung and most tech companies in general can and do drop prices frequently to stay competitive... with each other across their product range and still maintain their margin... which is stuck between "little and none", ............this is no brainer.... (fully agreed when you obviously have none).  

Aha... I see that you're banned already before I found the time to reply to your post.

Only wanted to make the corrections necessary for it to be anywhere close to factual in regards to Samsung vs. iPhones vs. Price Strategies :p
  • Reply 83 of 84
    brakkenbrakken Posts: 687member

Apple is greedy? Last I looked, Samsung flagships actually cost more while delivering less. I'm happy to give Apple my money for the continuing R&D, which also ensures they don't need to simply copy (unlike some). Developing the A8 took years and at least hundreds of millions of dollars. Apple R&D is what the entire mobile tech industry has trailed for years - I'm happy to support Apple doing this.