Bug forces Apple to delay watchOS 2 launch at last minute

Comments

• Reply 21 of 51
    lkrupp wrote: »

Sarcasm noted but you are describing actual user attitudes. The user that starts bitching because the release is delayed will also the first one to scream bloody murder if they are hit by a bug. They will declare Apple incompetent on both sides. Because negativity gets attention and eyeballs I can just imagine the outrage on the Apple discussion forums and demands for instructions to regress back to Watch OS 1.0.1

I should probably just stop reading forums altogether. 

I don't think the whiners ever have any intention of switching, they need someone to listen to them whine, and guarantee if they are doing it here, they are doing it an Apple Store(s) also.

There are no comparable Android retail venues with attentive staff to provide attention for these babies. They are basically the same as little brats threatening to run away from home. Just let them go, and they'll tire out and get hungry before getting to the end of the street. :smokey:
  • Reply 22 of 51
    I've seen weird issues in watchOS 1. Apps that are stuck updating until you reboot, Maps unable to find my location even though the iPhone it is paired with has no trouble with my location--that was the weirdest one because that issue persisted for over a day, and Apple phone support guy couldn't figure it out, even after I rebooted both the watch and phone and unpaired/repaired them several times with a factory restore. The weirdest part: they scheduled me for a Genius Bar appointment the next day and before I could bring it, it magically started working with absolutely no change or action on my part. It just started working, and has ever since (I cancelled my Genius Bar appointment).
  • Reply 23 of 51
    noicc1138 wrote: »
    I wonder if I found the bug. I'm running the watchOS 2 gold master. I just updated my weather channel app. It supports the new complication feature. When I tried to open the app on my watch it says unable to find location. Yet in settings on the iPhone it has location set to always. Runs fine on my iPhone.

There's a bug with iOS9 GM weather app, where new cities added don't stick and disappear, don't know if it's related to the Watch since there are some shared weather settings, but I'm only running the beta for iOS9 and watchOS still at 1.0.1 here.
  • Reply 24 of 51
    pscooter63 wrote: »
    Not a surprise, this is bleeding-edge stuff. Patience, people.

Bleeding-edge is not for mass consumer adoption.
  • Reply 25 of 51
    zabazaba Posts: 226member
    Wish I had an Apple Watch.
  • Reply 26 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

With Android watch, your OS updates are never delayed. (They just don't exist.)

Most of the better known Android Wear watches that shipped with the original Wear software have been updated to the latest version.

Back in early June the Android Wear update was delayed specifically on the Moto 360 due to performance issues while most others watches received it at that time.

• Reply 27 of 51
    zaba wrote: »

self-actualize. it is within your reach...
  • Reply 28 of 51
    It's funny how the Apple Watch OS is the most simplistic one and at the same time the most complicated OS in Apple's lineup. Maybe because it' s for a watch, it takes more time? Lol, once again, with that product, we will have to wait and be patient as always.
  • Reply 29 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SirLance99 View Post

Bleeding-edge is not for mass consumer adoption.

Yes, it is.

• Reply 30 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zaba View Post

Get a (better) job, save up, go to the Apple Store and ask nicely for one.

• Reply 31 of 51
    Well shucks. I even remembered to bring my charger into work today so I could update it here. I guess I'd rather wait a little longer than have to update it again with a 2.0.1 release.
  • Reply 32 of 51
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

Meh.

Better right than fast.

• Reply 33 of 51

Finally, iOS 9 is now live. 1.2 GB over the air update. 

• Reply 34 of 51
    Had issues with GM. Weather app not getting location, crashing, not always filling in the complication.
    Lots of 3rd party (non Native) apps do not load. The few native apps that have been released some load but cant always find location (weather.com). Some crash the first time then load fine after. Over all slowness of the watch. Glances still load slow and swiping between them is still not smooth. Glad they are fixing the bugs.. Do like a lot of the tweaks they did. Just needs to be more optimized
  • Reply 35 of 51

I can't update to OS9 here in Belgium for the moment.

It is the first time I'm trying to do this, so quickly, before I wait a few weeks.

Now I see what a waist of time it is to be first. It is not a complain to Apple, just to myself.

• Reply 36 of 51
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielSW View Post

Get a (better) job, save up, go to the Apple Store and ask nicely for one.

I've been trying to get a better job for 4 years.

Just sayin'

• Reply 37 of 51
    lkrupp wrote: »

Sarcasm noted but you are describing actual user attitudes. The user that starts bitching because the release is delayed will also the first one to scream bloody murder if they are hit by a bug. They will declare Apple incompetent on both sides. Because negativity gets attention and eyeballs I can just imagine the outrage on the Apple discussion forums and demands for instructions to regress back to Watch OS 1.0.1

I should probably just stop reading forums altogether. 

I don't think they represent real user attitudes. For one thing, Apple Watch satisfaction is at 97%, and despite the bugs in 1.0, I agree. Day in and day out, it just works, and it has encouraged me to exercise more thoughtfully and regularly.

The nature of this site and its forums and what motivates people to post almost guarantees that you can't use the naysaying seen here to extrapolate what the greater Apple using community outside of the forum microcosm thinks.
  • Reply 38 of 51
    peteopeteo Posts: 402member

even iOS 9 GM users have an update mine was 42mb

• Reply 39 of 51
    zaba wrote: »

I wish that for you too! No sarcasm.

I was originally thinking "I don't need a smartwatch" but after using the Apple Watch, I find it indispensable. It works seamlessly with iPhone, and it does free you from your phone, even at home. You can leave your phone on the charger in another room and still take calls, message people, view your schedule, ask Siri to do things, etc from your wrist.
  • Reply 40 of 51
    With no way to downgrade, Apple has to make sure the release is as bulletproof as possible. I don't mind waiting ... IWatch has surpassed my expectations for stability even at a V1.