Another security manual recommends using Apple iMessage: this time, ISIS

1468910

Comments

  • Reply 101 of 200
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

     

     

    So the shouts of Allahu Akbar were accompanied by Vive le France, then?

     

    The point is that these countries have neither the obligation nor the responsibility to accept refugees and that some are nearly collapsing underneath them. It’s absolute insanity and it MUST stop.




    Actually, they have both. We, meaning UK, France, Germany, USA and NL, through our financial and industrial system, out of which ALL OF US HERE benefit everyday at the cost of less fortunate populations (that is the "obligation" part), have created and maintain (that is the "responsibility" part) an extremely unstable political and economical situation in the Middle East and Africa. The least we can do is take the refugees in, a minor amount of the populations that suffer economical hardship and life-threatening dangers for our benefit.

     

    In a few years or decades, we'll be able to add "weather damage" to the list, even though the people who'll have been most party to destroying the environment of others (France, Germany, USA) will most likely keep denying that the phenomenon even occurred until very late in the process, and even then will start denying they have any moral obligation. Such is the "moral" of our society.

  • Reply 102 of 200
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post





    what ignorant nonsense. there was one Syrian passport in Paris, but the same attacker also had a non Syrian. which means one was bogus, and you don't know which. and it also means attackers could use bogus passports to enter a country not as a Syrian.



    some of you should really just stick to computers.



    And anyway, it is a known fact that most terrorist cells are actually native to the country, which facilitates their operation. Syrian people would be highly inefficient even moving through Paris.

     

    "- Why you not on time Ahmed?

    - I got lost on the metro Bachir.

    - When you here Ahmed?

    -  I don't know Bachir, one hour maybe inshallah?

    - Ahmed, the explosive belt has a timer..."

  • Reply 103 of 200
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by redefiler View Post





    What exactly does Islam say about infidel technology? It's a stupid superstitious cult, that should be grounds enough for not getting access to computers.



    There is no difference between a "stupid superstitious cult" and your religion. Both believe that a Supreme Being has a need to use an ancient human technology (writing) to communicate with us. Both believe they're doing "God's work", which of course directly implies that God needs human help. Going by your logic, very few people should be allowed access to computers.

  • Reply 104 of 200

    If the US gov't really wanted to stop ISIS, they would stop supplying them with funds, vehicles, weapons, and ammunition, under the guise of "Syrian Resistance". Using ISIS as an excuse to violate the security and privacy of peaceful individuals is a mixture of Agent Provacateur and False Flag. Those Toyota trucks ISIS rides around in were paid for by US tax dollars and delivered by the US DoD.

  • Reply 105 of 200
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member

    What I have trouble with is random posts on the internet that are nothing more than innuendo and speculation on important matters. Like I said, if you have actual evidence, cite it. Otherwise, do the decent thing and move along.

    One more thing. If you have problems with @NolaMacGuy, take it up with him. I am neither his keeper nor his spokesman.

    So you didn't read the NPR link then? She ignored the FOIA by running a private email service out of her house. She ran official State business off if that server. Those are the facts and she admitted to them. As someone who spent 11 years in the service I've witnessed people removed from government service for far less. Anything else is a battle of semantics.

    And since you brought up the topics of innuendo's,
    The problem is, most of the nut cases now on the anti-immigrant (unless they're Cubans) front are Republican presidential candidates. That is just a sad fact.

    Sounds like John Kerry, you were for it before you were against it. Proof of your fact? I haven't heard one of them oppose our current LEGAL immigration policy that's written law. I know they are opposed to illegal immigration, big difference there.

    As to NolaMacGuy, you're the one that jumped in the conversation.
    nolamacguy wrote: »
    what ignorant nonsense. there was one Syrian passport in Paris, but the same attacker also had a non Syrian. which means one was bogus, and you don't know which. and it also means attackers could use bogus passports to enter a country not as a Syrian.

    some of you should really just stick to computers.

    That's not enough reason to pause, step back and say WTH is going on here? That's either crazy or suicidal tendencies...
    nolamacguy wrote: »
    the person on that photo is a crazy person. so crazy he even got kicked off fox.

    Going to help @anantksundaram do his job. Proof please that's how it went down.
    nolamacguy wrote: »
    please quote me where I said that. I've noted that the current crop of GOP candidates are a circus.

    ....

    I'm not a democrat, but at least their candidates aren't infested with insane people.

    See your post 55 and the quoted above.
    delayed wrote: »

    There is no difference between a "stupid superstitious cult" and your religion. Both believe that a Supreme Being has a need to use an ancient human technology (writing) to communicate with us. Both believe they're doing "God's work", which of course directly implies that God needs human help. Going by your logic, very few people should be allowed access to computers.

    Except one has the mantra of help your fellow man and the other is convert or kill. Even if God didn't exist, what is wrong with following the 10 commandments?
  • Reply 106 of 200
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by razorpit View Post



    Except one has the mantra of help your fellow man and the other is convert or kill. Even if God didn't exist, what is wrong with following the 10 commandments?

    Cults often do good deeds, or at least encourage others to do them. That's how they gain followers. As for the 10 commandments, look at the first of them: 

    Quote:


    Thou shalt have no other gods before me


    Wars have been fought because of this one. The Crusades were justified by it. On the whole, Religion has done more harm than good. Even in our times, we have Christians in the US killing doctors in the name of God. 

     

    Religion leads directly to dogma, and dogma makes religion dangerous. Not just Muslim Religion, all Religion. But lest you continue to think your Religion is special:

    http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/22155-i-like-your-christ-i-do-not-like-your-christians

  • Reply 107 of 200
    Know any bubbas who stopped buying Toyotas?
  • Reply 108 of 200
    Apple must give everyone a free iPhone, companies should not be making a profit at all - Bernie Sanders
  • Reply 109 of 200
    redefiler wrote: »
    What exactly does Islam say about infidel technology? It's a stupid superstitious cult, that should be grounds enough for not getting access to computers.

    That is an *excellent* question, actually, becuase (on a serious note) it's been a point of contention for a long time among groups and thinkers who have essentially asked the same thing: can we use certain aspects of the West in order to resist the West? The general answer is that is *is* okay for the purposes of resistance, and certainly realpolitik plays into that as well.

    The rest of us merely call it for what it is: hypocrisy.

    (I'm trying to be diplomatic when I use the word "resist" or "resistance". I hope no one reads anything into that.)
  • Reply 110 of 200
    delayed wrote: »
    Cults often do good deeds, or at least encourage others to do them. That's how they gain followers. As for the 10 commandments, look at the first of them: 
    Wars have been fought because of this one. The Crusades were justified by it. On the whole, Religion has done more harm than good. Even in our times, we have Christians in the US killing doctors in the name of God. 

    Interestingly, people in the West seem to forget that the Crusades ultimately failed. The Crusader presence lasted only two centuries, during which numerous treaties with Muslims were conducted, especially when they were fighting other Muslims. And while everyone remembers "Deus lo volt!", the Crusaders were *never* expansionist attempts to conquer Muslims and force everyone to convert, but to take back specific territory that had fallen to the Muslims, i.e., no one was making plans to march to Baghdad or Persia.
  • Reply 111 of 200
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Elian Gonzalez View Post





    Interestingly, people in the West seem to forget that the Crusades ultimately failed. The Crusader presence lasted only two centuries, during which numerous treaties with Muslims were conducted, especially when they were fighting other Muslims. And while everyone remembers "Deus lo volt!", the Crusaders were *never* expansionist attempts to conquer Muslims and force everyone to convert, but to take back specific territory that had fallen to the Muslims, i.e., no one was making plans to march to Baghdad or Persia.



    The point is, Religion is about power consolidation, not good deeds. The details of these wars are unimportant. What's important is that we need to recognize that we're being manipulated by people who think they're doing God's work, but clearly are not, and it makes no difference whether they call themselves Christians or Muslims. 

  • Reply 112 of 200
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Elian Gonzalez View Post





    That is an *excellent* question, actually, becuase (on a serious note) it's been a point of contention for a long time among groups and thinkers who have essentially asked the same thing: can we use certain aspects of the West in order to resist the West? The general answer is that is *is* okay for the purposes of resistance, and certainly realpolitik plays into that as well.



    The rest of us merely call it for what it is: hypocrisy.



    (I'm trying to be diplomatic when I use the word "resist" or "resistance". I hope no one reads anything into that.)



    I'd note that Christian sects are often anti technology and anti science. As an example, it's Christians, not Muslims, who in the U.S. are resisting Scientific facts like evolution and climate change.

  • Reply 113 of 200
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,095member
    Are there enough broad brushes to go around? You can't paint faults and splash insults on an entire group of people without one so speak up if you didn't get yours yet. :\
  • Reply 114 of 200
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,095member
    delayed wrote: »

    Religion Intolerance and inequality of all kinds leads directly to dogma, and dogma makes religion can be dangerous. Not just Muslim Religion politics, nationalism, religion, money, skin color, but all intolerance.
  • Reply 115 of 200
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post



    Are there enough broad brushes to go around? You can't paint faults and splash insults on an entire group of people without one so speak up if you didn't get yours yet. image



    So I have to join a group of people who believe in a God that's so weak it needs our help in order to have free speech? How very First Amendment of you!

  • Reply 116 of 200
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post



     



    Intolerance starts with Religion. "MY God is Great, therefore yours is not. You must convert or die." Words spoken by Christians and Muslims throughout history.

  • Reply 117 of 200
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,095member
    delayed wrote: »

    Intolerance starts with Religion. "MY God is Great, therefore yours is not. You must convert or die." Words spoken by Christians and Muslims throughout history.
    Ah, good to see you have your broad brush.

    "In their recently published book, "Encyclopedia of Wars," authors Charles Phillips and Alan Axelrod document the history of recorded warfare, and from their list of 1763 wars only 123 have been classified to involve a religious cause, accounting for less than 7 percent of all wars and less than 2 percent of all people"
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/192898928/Encyclopedia-of-Wars-Charles-Phillips-Alan-Axelrod#scribd

    "...of the 35 armed conflicts that took place in 2013, only 5 were motivated by religious elements alone. Importantly, nearly two thirds of the 35 conflicts had among their main cause opposition to a particular government or opposition to the economic, ideological, political or social system of a state. When analysing the motivation for these conflicts, the desire for identity and self-government was a part of 60% of conflicts."
    http://www.visionofhumanity.org/#/page/news/1085
  • Reply 118 of 200
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post





    Shitty analogy.



    The main purpose of a gun is to kill- that's the entire point.



    The main purpose of an iPhone is not to kill things.

     

    Ok. Evil People use Cars and trucks to carry guns and bombs. Let us ban Cars and trucks. Does the analogy fit better now?

  • Reply 119 of 200
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by razorpit View Post

     
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post





    What I have trouble with is random posts on the internet that are nothing more than innuendo and speculation on important matters. Like I said, if you have actual evidence, cite it. Otherwise, do the decent thing and move along.



    One more thing. If you have problems with @NolaMacGuy, take it up with him. I am neither his keeper nor his spokesman.




    So you didn't read the NPR link then? She ignored the FOIA by running a private email service out of her house. She ran official State business off if that server. Those are the facts and she admitted to them. As someone who spent 11 years in the service I've witnessed people removed from government service for far less. Anything else is a battle of semantics.



    And since you brought up the topics of innuendo's,
    Quote:
    The problem is, most of the nut cases now on the anti-immigrant (unless they're Cubans) front are Republican presidential candidates. That is just a sad fact.




    Sounds like John Kerry, you were for it before you were against it. Proof of your fact? I haven't heard one of them oppose our current LEGAL immigration policy that's written law. I know they are opposed to illegal immigration, big difference there.



    As to NolaMacGuy, you're the one that jumped in the conversation.

    As expected, your posts have descended from lies to blather.

     

    Not only did I read the NPR link you cited, but I thought I would spare you the embarrassment of your own overblown bs (look at your post in #78, where you blithely claim Clinton did something illegal -- in response to which I asked you for a cite).

     

    All that the NPR link says is that some Republicans (e.g., Chuck Grassley) have claimed that what she did is "illegal." Since you insist, the article actually says -- you might consider reading it yourself -- the following: 

     

    The Justice Department weighed in, calling it "sheer speculation" that "Clinton withheld any work-related emails from those provided to the Department of State." What's more, Justice wrote, "FOIA creates no obligation for an agency to search for and produce records that it does not possess and control."

    In fact, the department refers to a past fight over former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger's notes, as Josh Gerstein points out. Notes and tapes of Kissinger's conversations were sent to the Library of Congress — rather than leaving them to the State Department — restricting their public access. FOIA requests were denied by the State Department because they were under the aegis of the Library of Congress. Kissinger declined to turn the documents over to archivists' requests.

    What's more, the Supreme Court held that the Kissinger documents did not have to be turned over under FOIA — even though they were notes taken while Kissinger was at State — because State did not have possession of them.

    On "innuendos" look at my post in #68. I specifically talk about legal immigration, i.e., refugees -- you do know that anyone admitted under 'refugee' status is legal, right? Why don't you check on what Trump, Bush, Rubio, Cruz, and Carson have said on the topic of Syrian refugees?

    On @NolaMacGuy, at no point did I respond to his posts. I responded to yours. Period.

    Do you even bother to read the news carefully? And the posts here? Or do you just go with whatever pops into your head?

  • Reply 120 of 200
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by iamnemani View Post

     

     

    Ok. Evil People use Cars and trucks to carry guns and bombs. Let us ban Cars and trucks. Does the analogy fit better now?




    No. Cars and trucks, like iPhones, are not made for killing.

Sign In or Register to comment.