Samsung to reportedly shut down Milk Music, mulls Tidal deal [u]

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 39
    calicali Posts: 3,494member

So Adam Levine having a "ceremonial iPhone burning" didn't help? :(

Like everyone, he was later caught tweeting from an iPhone:

http://news.yahoo.com/adam-levine-wants-iphone-burning-213609187.html;_ylt=AwrT6V6WB9tWg98APHQPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByb3B2a242BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMwRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkAw--

Poor Sammy. All their spokespeople are using iPhones.

evilution said:
    Genuinely never heard of Milk Music. Doesn't sound like Samsung owners have either.
    I was thinking about it the other day, wondering what happened. People are only talking about 3 services: Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal. I had hoped milk went away quietly, AI reporting it only gives a nobody free advertising.

analogjack said:
    Samsung and Tidal, it will be like two drowning people holding on to each other. Quite a clever logo though.

If JZ were smart he'd NOT deal with Sammy. If Sammy failed miserably in music what makes anyone think they can save tidal? Though JZ is probably at the point where he'd take a few million and run away(like selling someone a broken DVD player) while he can to make up for the millions lost.

brakken said:
    The biggest losers get together and have a loser party losing all remaining profits on loser brands with losers.

What a waste of time and effort. Can't we send the lot of them to the Central African Republic to help build schools?

If they wanna help.... they should help Kanye.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kanye-west-begs-mark-zuckerberg-for-money-in-twitter-rant-w164323

• Reply 22 of 39
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    cornchip said:
    Also; what's the latest on all the mega millions Tizen is pulling in with their related services? 
    I think Tizen was mostly insurance in case Android got terminated by Oracle.
    cornchip
  • Reply 23 of 39
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    I'd never heard of this service before I read the AI headline. 
  • Reply 24 of 39
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 755member
    One day Samsung executives will realize that they will never have their own successful version of iTunes or Apple Music. Until then, they'll continue to let their egos make decisions. 
  • Reply 25 of 39
    tomhqtomhq Posts: 22member
    I'm calling it now, they buy Tidal, rebrand it, then launch as exclusive service on Tizen handsets.
  • Reply 26 of 39
    realisticrealistic Posts: 1,154member
    Update: A Samsung representative, speaking with AppleInsider, has gone on record as saying rumors of a Tidal acquisition are false.
    And we all know Samsung only speaks the truth.
    /s
    cornchip
  • Reply 27 of 39
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member
    well, I'm not going to be crying over the spilled Milk...
    zeus423bdkennedy1002cornchip
  • Reply 28 of 39
    Well, the name is so stupid I wouldn't use the service just because of that.
  • Reply 29 of 39
    What a failing business iTunes is from all of analyst reports. Only making up a tiny percentage of Apple's income. Only 4 Billion dollars last year. I for see iTunes being bought out by Samsung. 

/s
  • Reply 30 of 39
    Kanye West and Music do not belong in the same sentence!
    cnocbuicornchip
  • Reply 31 of 39
    Milk Music? *MILK* Music?!?! What moron thought that was a good name for a streaming system? 
  • Reply 32 of 39
    bitmodbitmod Posts: 267member
    Tidal is still a far better service than AM. 
    I doubt any of you bashers have even tried it.
    It's not the best, and if Spotify offered Hifi I would switch in a heartbeat - but AM is still such a messy disaster that I wonder if its sole purpose isn't to turn people off of streaming. 

If Apple does offer Hifi one day, and they make AM actually usable - then I'm open to giving it another shot. 

I hope Samsung doesn't buy Tidal - because that would spell the end of Apple support - like most Samsung products.
  • Reply 33 of 39
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member
    cnocbui said:
    cornchip said:
    Also; what's the latest on all the mega millions Tizen is pulling in with their related services? 
    I think Tizen was mostly insurance in case Android got terminated by Oracle.
    I'm sorry, I was tired when I wrote that. Meant Xiaomi. 
  • Reply 34 of 39
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,950member
    Milk Music? *MILK* Music?!?! What moron thought that was a good name for a streaming system? 
    When I think of music I think… milk.
  • Reply 35 of 39
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Looks like Samsung milked it for all it was worth.
  • Reply 36 of 39
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Looks like Samsung milked it for all it was worth.
    Looks like Samsung got creamed.
    tallest skil
  • Reply 37 of 39
    linkmanlinkman Posts: 1,035member
    bitmod said:
    I doubt any of you bashers have even tried it.
    It's not the best, and if Spotify offered Hifi I would switch in a heartbeat - but AM is still such a messy disaster that I wonder if its sole purpose isn't to turn people off of streaming. 

If Apple does offer Hifi one day, and they make AM actually usable - then I'm open to giving it another shot. 

I hope Samsung doesn't buy Tidal - because that would spell the end of Apple support - like most Samsung products.
    I'm not going to try it because A)it does not offer any free trial period and B)West is a co-owner with his pompous, selfish, and -- dare I say -- racist rants about music and C)I have no need to spend extra on Hifi music that I almost always play on a portable player in a noisy environment.
  • Reply 38 of 39
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 755member
    bitmod said:

You know what they say about opinions...