Inside iOS 10: Apple Maps will remember where you parked your car

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 76

bells said:
    Does Apple Maps auto correct traffic routes based on traffic conditions yet?
    Early in the summer I started receiving the occasional siri prompt while enroute along the lines of "you will save 10 minutes by taking an alternate route, do you want to reroute?'. And I've taken them up on it every time, but it wants your permission; not automatic.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 62 of 76
    This doesn't seem to be working for me. I parked my car at the parking garage this morning but when I open Maps I don't see where I parked. Is there a setting I'm missing?
    There is no setting. It works automatically. Are you using CarPlay or factory bluetooth system? 
  • Reply 63 of 76
    sirdir said:
    Well for me, they can't even get my home address right. They just don't recognise it. And I haven't found a way yet like 'siri, set my current position as my home address'... just doesn't work. Apple thinks I live in the nearest town and still need to go 6 minutes when I'm at home...
    You're obviously squatting in someone else's house you know ;)
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 64 of 76
    jfanning said:
    mknelson said:
    kevin kee said:
    I used to mark my parking spot manually. This looks like something that save me that extra work. Good job.
    The question I have: is it completely automatic anytime you park, or as it implies, does it only happen if you're ending a trip using maps to navigate a route?
    The Android one remembers automatically anytime you park, you hope it would be the same
    The GPS / Location needs to be running, even on Android cause I don't think you get a location otherwise ...
    So, your telling me location services run all the time on Android phones?
  • Reply 65 of 76
    kmanvan said:
    Wow. Doing what Android has been doing for years already and calling it innovation. Embarrassing. 

Yeah, Android does it in a SHIT way; but hey, they did it hmm... That's basically their leitmotiv.
    We're shit but we're first.
    Why the frack are posting? What's your purpose here?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 66 of 76
    This doesn't seem to be working for me. I parked my car at the parking garage this morning but when I open Maps I don't see where I parked. Is there a setting I'm missing?
    There is no setting. It works automatically. Are you using CarPlay or factory bluetooth system? 
    Yeah.  I have a JVC aftermarket stereo with a bluetooth module my phone ties into.
  • Reply 67 of 76
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,336member
    jume said:
    djkfisher said:
    Tim, I love all things Apple, but, MAPS, sucks. It just can't get it done. Go for the good stuff, drop this and partner with, Ugh, Google, who can get you there, and on time. Some things are just not worth the effort.. This is one, Tim
    Exactly! Pretty much useless for driving direction because SIRI can't spell most of the streets and places in different Europe countries, finding businesses location is virtually impossible as it's not there inside the Maps. Not sure how it works in USA but in Europe it's useless. Google's Maps is miles ahead over here. 
    Really? I use this in the states regularly along with my watch and don't have issues. It actually performs quite well. 
  • Reply 68 of 76
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,153member
    foggyhill said:
    jfanning said:
    mknelson said:
    kevin kee said:
    I used to mark my parking spot manually. This looks like something that save me that extra work. Good job.
    The question I have: is it completely automatic anytime you park, or as it implies, does it only happen if you're ending a trip using maps to navigate a route?
    The Android one remembers automatically anytime you park, you hope it would be the same
    The GPS / Location needs to be running, even on Android cause I don't think you get a location otherwise ...
    So, your telling me location services run all the time on Android phones?
    I think he's saying it "remembers" your location whether you were using navigation/maps or not. Honestly that's the way it should work anyway IMO. I doubt most of us are using Maps everytime we go out to the mall or plaza or park. 
    https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/6015842?hl=en
    edited September 2016
  • Reply 69 of 76
    Still no love for bike maps.
  • Reply 70 of 76
    Yeah.  I have a JVC aftermarket stereo with a bluetooth module my phone ties into.
    It must not be compatible with your aftermarket stereo. I wonder if it only works with vehicles that have hands free phone/text via the factory bluetooth? I'm using Ford Sync and it works with that. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 71 of 76

HALLELUJAH!!!!

Now if it would just find free parking spots for me...

Cheers,
    Cameron
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 72 of 76
    In OS maps, if you didn't use it to provide directions to a location you already know, but you want to mark where you parked, bring up Maps, touch the INFO (I) button, then choose Mark My Location. This will set a red pin at your current location. Now close Maps and walk away from your vehicle. When you want too find your vehicle, open Maps, (optionally touch the blue lodge button), then swipe up for the location items if not already chosen. Choose the last Marked Location and you will be given directions to that location. NOTE: You can remove previously marked locations by swiping left on a location, then choose Remove.
  • Reply 73 of 76
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member
    WTF is the 3D view when getting directions ???????????????????

please dont tell me they broke the app....
  • Reply 74 of 76
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,540member
    In OS maps, if you didn't use it to provide directions to a location you already know, but you want to mark where you parked, bring up Maps, touch the INFO (I) button, then choose Mark My Location. This will set a red pin at your current location. Now close Maps and walk away from your vehicle. When you want too find your vehicle, open Maps, (optionally touch the blue lodge button), then swipe up for the location items if not already chosen. Choose the last Marked Location and you will be given directions to that location. NOTE: You can remove previously marked locations by swiping left on a location, then choose Remove.
    Not necessary. You don't need to have been using Maps in order for the "Parked Car" function to work. It's automatic. 

What you describe does work for cars without Bluetooth, though.
  • Reply 75 of 76
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,540member
    herbapou said:
    WTF is the 3D view when getting directions ???????????????????

please dont tell me they broke the app....
    Use two fingers to tilt the map. Unfortunately, it shifts back to vertical view after a few seconds.