Users upset by Evernote price hikes & two-device limit for free Basic customers

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    lenbtwlenbtw Posts: 1member
    I get that EverNote needs to make a living, we all do. Their product WAS innovative and convenient. The world has moved on and other similar products have moved in and, in some cases, do it better.

With my iPad pro and Pencil and the Stylus App, combined with Apps like the new Notes my LiveScribe pen is relatively bulky and clumsy, and now irrelevant. The liveScribe was my main driver for EverNote.

When selecting my technology I am encouraged by innovation and creativity, I have never decided to upgrade because of BLACKMAIL.

williamlondon
  • Reply 22 of 31
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    zer0her0 said:

I use it to store & search PDFs (journal articles, manuals, so on), keep scans of sketches and hand written notes, and typed notes. I feel I can switch typed notes to Apple Notes w/o any issue (already been slowly doing this), but the first two I still don't have a good solution that works on iOS and OS X seamlessly.
    You can store and search any PDFs with iBooks, a native iOS app. The iBooks has a separate library for PDF.
  • Reply 23 of 31
    Cancelled my sub, 1 device and 60mb per month, good enough for me
  • Reply 24 of 31
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,954member
    I used Evernote quite a bit early on, then they tried to get "clever" with the interface right as Apple's own notes app started getting better. I've all but abandoned Evernote in the past 18mo and now that collaborative notes are on the way, that's all the motivation I need to transfer everything over to Apple's built-in solution.
  • Reply 25 of 31
    txchoutxchou Posts: 6member
    Not cumbersome to export; moved 1,800+ to iOS app last night in the time it takes to make a drink a cup of coffee, ~15-20 minutes. From Mac OS X to Notes (on iCloud). Though, I'm not sure what qualifies as a "large collection".
  • Reply 26 of 31
    bwinskibwinski Posts: 164member
    I've been a three-device Evernote user since the beginning of Evernote. I beta test their software. I'll always be a three device user - nothing more or less. BUT, them forcing me to adopt a new, paid plan, I've asked for an exception. We'll see if they'll even consider it...

if not, I'm done with Evernote.. Over to Apple notes for me !!
    beh
  • Reply 27 of 31
    radiospaceradiospace Posts: 180member
    If they sincerely wanted to move people from free accounts to paid accounts, the last thing they would have done is simultaneously raise subscription prices AND make the free accounts useless. Any fool could tell you that you would first try to move free users to paid accounts at the current "low" prices, then a year or so from now up the subscription rates. Thus, to me, this looks like a desperate money grab before they go under.
    williamlondonbeh
  • Reply 28 of 31
    maclvr03maclvr03 Posts: 198member
    I like Evernote a lot and wouldn't have an issue going over to Apple's built in option but I can't seem to be able to "tag" notes in Apple's Notes..
  • Reply 29 of 31
    behbeh Posts: 1member
    To the people saying users are greedy: have you seen Evernote's offices? They're really just a singular product company trying to fill a massive startup's shoes. I was shocked. Evernote is the greedy one; maybe spend a little less on extravagance and let people support the product by upgrading under their own volition? It's not that much to ask for, to have a simple note-taking software be freeware. We were constantly nagged by upgrading ads already.
  • Reply 30 of 31
    Decent useful , if limited and sometimes problematic product
    On the list to be  replaced now.
     JUST BAD MARKETING
    No, horrible
    Remember Netflix's kerfuffle?
    rocking the boat  and angering your customers at WHATEVER PRICE POINT is just stupid
    Cant monetize an absentee. And how enchanting is it to just act unpredictable and clutching greedy.

advertising costs money. so do Basic uncharged customers. but compared to the advertising  expense?
    Oh yes, many advertisers complain about reaching too many people.

Perhaps it is wiser to IMPROVE THE PRODUCT  ***THEN*** charge more
    uh, like, uh , Cupertino?
    and you KNOW how angry Apple users are all the time.
    Don't you best express how you appreciate you customers by making them feel screwed with ?
    Right or wrong , that is what EN achieved.

We used to call it, DYSMARKETING.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited August 2016