Tim Cook's fundraiser for presidential candidate Hillary Clinton set for tonight

24

Comments

  • Reply 21 of 63
    So the Trump America brings back all the manufacturing from China. So far all well and good.
    Howerver the costs of making stuff in the USA is far higher than in China. So the Factory gate price of every widget will rise.
    Salaries won't rise in anywhere near the rise in Factory Gate prices

    How, in Trump's Idil, will the average worker be able to afford anything. Price inflation would be IMHO pushing 10%.
    The Unions would go out on strike.
    Factories would close because they can't sell anything. PEople would lose their jobs.

    What price elexting Trump then?

    I don't have a vote come November because I'm not in th USA but watching a documentary on TV last night about him it got really scary.
    He is appealing to White Lower and Lower middle class voters. He does seem to be alienating pretty well everyone else. That is even scarier.

    Ok I was going to stay out of this completely but this one really bothered me. Trump is not appealing to a single group - no one can and get numbers like his. He's appealing to the "enough is enough" group which is comprised of all Humans seeing their life, country and future going the wrong way. 

    Hes made it it crystal clear he wants to take down Washington and put it back the way the constitution stated in the first place. 

    Before all this government Washington mess the power was at a state level. That's how the constitution was written. Each state can make its laws but Washington would make sure laws about freedom of speech, provide self protection for yourself and family. That's what the constitution clearly states. 

    Then somewhere along the way we lost our way. He's trying to fix that. 

    I say in the age of computers ALL senators and representatives should be forced to stay home in their state. There's no reason they can't vote by computer. They need to stay local where real people can access them not all these companies and their special interests. Make them hold town hall meetings and HEAR what we want not what some lobbyist paid them to say we want. 

    whatever tv show you watched is obviously extremely bias and as an Apple user I would hope you would have seen that. But you didn't. I have two college degrees so that blows your "poor uneducated white people only" theory out of the water. The only uneducated person I see here is the one who made the documentary to get you to actually believe what they told you was the truth. 

    A 5 minute google search could have given you more actual info despite googles attempts to not show search results for non democrats WHICH THEY HAVE ADMITTED TO before you rebuff that statement. They promised to "try harder to reflect both sides". Didn't help you now did it?

    im not attacking you AT ALL. Please do not think that for one minute. I'm concerned that the media doesn't want everyone to know everything. It's not you. It's the message not the messenger. Ok?
    edited August 2016
  • Reply 22 of 63

    I can't sit here and say I am a huge fan of either candidate. We all know that Clinton has done some very bad things and we are just going to overlook them because some don't like Trump. What is this world coming to? I would rather have someone I don't care for but is smart and not a crook with a solid moral compass than Hilary. I still think this country is great but is in a desperate need of a reset.
    I couldn't agree more!  Why not try a business person to fix the business of America. God knows politicians can't. 

    The problem with trump is he says these supposedly outrageous things. THATS NOT THE PROBLEM. The problem is.. 4 or 5 hours later after the "shock" we've been taught through politically correct wears off... all the sudden that's not that crazy. I mean he said something that made everyone spit out their coffee. But back home in your house you start understanding "he's saying what a lot of us are thinking but been conditioned to not think and certainly never ever ever say out loud."  Why is that?  What happened to my freedom of speech?  How was that taken away  shrewdly by people with louder voices and bullying tactics. Paula Dean has the right to say whatever the hell she wants. Look what "they" did to her? Look what "they" are doing to us?  I have the right to be as vulgar as I want or as kind as I want. It should not be policed by anyone ever!  Anyone reading this not getting that concept is part of the "you can say whatever you want as long as I approve it first" bullying group trying to silence freethinking people everywhere. 
    edited August 2016 big
  • Reply 23 of 63
    razormaid said:
    So the Trump America brings back all the manufacturing from China. So far all well and good.
    Howerver the costs of making stuff in the USA is far higher than in China. So the Factory gate price of every widget will rise.
    Salaries won't rise in anywhere near the rise in Factory Gate prices

    How, in Trump's Idil, will the average worker be able to afford anything. Price inflation would be IMHO pushing 10%.
    The Unions would go out on strike.
    Factories would close because they can't sell anything. PEople would lose their jobs.

    What price elexting Trump then?

    I don't have a vote come November because I'm not in th USA but watching a documentary on TV last night about him it got really scary.
    He is appealing to White Lower and Lower middle class voters. He does seem to be alienating pretty well everyone else. That is even scarier.


    Hes made it it crystal clear he wants to take down Washington and put it back the way the constitution stated in the first place. 

    Trump has no idea what the Constitution says (to be fair, neither does Hillary, or Stein, or even Johnson). 
    big
  • Reply 24 of 63
    Let's vote for Alice Cooper!

    He's been running for president (jokingly, of course) since 1972.

    His platform:  "I have absolutely no idea what to do."


    https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/alice-cooper-is-running-for-president-i-have-absolutely-no-idea-what-to-do-211125840.html

    big
  • Reply 25 of 63
    robbyxrobbyx Posts: 479member
    redefiler said:
    Either way, vote Clinton or Trump votes are merely a public affirmation that you're a partisan idiot.  

    Just do the right thing in November and vote Libertarian.  Everybody needs more Johnson.

    I won't bother to get into his pretty remarkable record in Mew Mexico as a legislator, nor the fact he might be the only living politician who has ever effectively balanced a budget.

    All you need to know are these advantages over Hillary and The Donald:
    1. He behaves like an adult
    2. He isn't a scumbag
    3. He's not a criminal
    4. He's not an idiot



    Agreed 1000%.  Trump has pretty much hijacked and destroyed the Republican Party, which is fine by me because they are/were a total mess and had completely lost their way.  Good riddance.  If nothing else, maybe Trump is what was needed to make the GOP powers that be face the reality of racism and xenophobia within the party base.  I don't believe the Republican Party is inherently racist, but it has been more than happy to wink in that direction to capture the extreme right's votes.  Trump is the reality check the party needed.  Hopefully they'll take a long hard look in the mirror after this is all said and done.

    And Clinton...what can we say that hasn't already been said?  A vote for her guarantees we continue our slow race to the bottom as a nation (while she and her cronies line their pockets).  She's the most ethically/morally bankrupt person in politics, yet so many people are willing to overlook this because 1) she has a vagina, or 2) she's better than Trump, or 3) both.  It's a sad commentary on how far we've fallen as a country that so many people are willing to vote for someone they don't respect, don't like, and don't trust simply out of fear.  People talk about Clinton's "experience", but if you look at her actual record, it's a disaster.  Yes, she's managed to stay politically relevant for decades, but she's accomplished a whole lot of nothing (unless you consider failing at healthcare reform only to turn around and line one's pocket with Big Pharma money, doing nothing as a senator other than padding one's political resume, and further destabilizing the Middle East accomplishments).

    A vote for either of these losers is a vote for America's downward spiral to continue.  Johnson/Weld, on their worst day, are far more experienced and accomplished than either Clinton or Trump.  We have a choice.  We do NOT have to support the status quo that is slowly eating away at our country like a cancer while a teeny tiny group of people get ridiculously rich at everyone else's expense.
    bigJessiReturnsgatorguy
  • Reply 26 of 63
    robbyx said:
    redefiler said:
    Either way, vote Clinton or Trump votes are merely a public affirmation that you're a partisan idiot.  

    Just do the right thing in November and vote Libertarian.  Everybody needs more Johnson.

    I won't bother to get into his pretty remarkable record in Mew Mexico as a legislator, nor the fact he might be the only living politician who has ever effectively balanced a budget.

    All you need to know are these advantages over Hillary and The Donald:
    1. He behaves like an adult
    2. He isn't a scumbag
    3. He's not a criminal
    4. He's not an idiot



    Agreed 1000%.  Trump has pretty much hijacked and destroyed the Republican Party, which is fine by me because they are/were a total mess and had completely lost their way.  Good riddance.  If nothing else, maybe Trump is what was needed to make the GOP powers that be face the reality of racism and xenophobia within the party base.  I don't believe the Republican Party is inherently racist, but it has been more than happy to wink in that direction to capture the extreme right's votes.  Trump is the reality check the party needed.  Hopefully they'll take a long hard look in the mirror after this is all said and done.

    And Clinton...what can we say that hasn't already been said?  A vote for her guarantees we continue our slow race to the bottom as a nation (while she and her cronies line their pockets).  She's the most ethically/morally bankrupt person in politics, yet so many people are willing to overlook this because 1) she has a vagina, or 2) she's better than Trump, or 3) both.  It's a sad commentary on how far we've fallen as a country that so many people are willing to vote for someone they don't respect, don't like, and don't trust simply out of fear.  People talk about Clinton's "experience", but if you look at her actual record, it's a disaster.  Yes, she's managed to stay politically relevant for decades, but she's accomplished a whole lot of nothing (unless you consider failing at healthcare reform only to turn around and line one's pocket with Big Pharma money, doing nothing as a senator other than padding one's political resume, and further destabilizing the Middle East accomplishments).

    A vote for either of these losers is a vote for America's downward spiral to continue.  Johnson/Weld, on their worst day, are far more experienced and accomplished than either Clinton or Trump.  We have a choice.  We do NOT have to support the status quo that is slowly eating away at our country like a cancer while a teeny tiny group of people get ridiculously rich at everyone else's expense.
    You said it perfectly. Thank you
  • Reply 27 of 63
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Tim's putting his money and time on the wrong horse.

    I wonder if he'll bother to visit her when she's behind bars soon?


    edited August 2016 hodar
  • Reply 28 of 63
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Also, will any Hillary donors be held responsible for contributing to a criminal enterprise?

    A RICO investigation should encompass all persons who have knowingly contributed to the criminal enterprise, and they should be held responsible for their illegal actions.

    Tim Cook is supporting a criminal, who operates a vast criminal enterprise.

    Is it ok for Apple employees to be associated with such criminality?

    What's next? Donating to a drug cartel? Why not? They are probably more honest and legit than Hillary and her corrupt foundation, with their pay to play schemes. The most corrupt politician ever.
  • Reply 29 of 63
    If Apple supported Gary Johnson instead, he'd have a realistic chance of winning. It's not too late!
  • Reply 30 of 63
    Hillary Clinton opposes gay marriage.  For this reason alone it is shameful for Tim Cook to support her.

    Say what you want about Trump, and the democrats have been saying a lot of BS about him, but Trump has always considered homosexuality to be a non-issue. 

    Add to that that Trump supports more economic freedom than Hillary, and there's no reason Cook should support her.

    Of course the Libertarians beat both of them on all counts.
    apple ][
  • Reply 31 of 63
    I felt the Bern, now I'm climbing with Hill.
    dasanman69
  • Reply 32 of 63
    hodarhodar Posts: 357member

    Assume there is a ~50/50 split of political affiliation.

    No matter who you support - you will offend half your user base.  Now, as the CEO of a company, my goal is to sell as much of my product as possible.  To do this, I market the hell out of my product (nice job), I build a quality product (nice job), I support my product with outstanding after-market support (nice job) and I keep my PERSONAL LIFE out of the public eye (WTF are you doing, Mr Cook?).

    I don't care what you do in the bedroom.  That is YOUR business, not mine.

    I don't care who you vote for, that is YOUR business, not mine.

    When you make it public domain - you provide a reason for people to hate you, and by extension, your product.

    Let's ask some basic questions, shall we.  Is the CEO of (Coke, Pepsi, Ford, Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, Toyota, Dell, Nike, Whirlpool, Mars Candy, Hamilton Beach, McDonalds - looking around my office ...) straight/gay/bisexual, Atheist/Christian/Buddhist/Wiccan/Satanic/Moslem, liberal/conservative, white/black/Hispanic/ ....

    I don't know ... they don't advertise .... and most everyone else doesn't know (or care) either.  And because of this, they don't alienate any customers because of it.

    They sell products.  And that's the bottom line.

    apple ][
  • Reply 33 of 63
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member
    I once read a sci-fi story where the president was selected by a computer from from all the citizens.  The computer used all sorts of data and analysis to pick the right person for the time and with the best skills to handle ongoing and predicted events.  I think the person was essentially drafted, in that they could not refuse the select.

    Let's give it a whirl.
  • Reply 34 of 63
    hodarhodar Posts: 357member
       Revelations that Hillary has been mixing her Clinton Foundation business with State Department meetings doesn't look good so I would hope Mr Cook (and Apple) aren't contributors to the Foundation as well as it leaves the impression of "special access" for the wealthy if they'll just toss some money the Clinton's way. 


    That part really bothers me.

    As Secretary of State, she is paid a salary of $186,600 annually.  She works for the People of the United States, as a direct employee of the Federal Government.  As an employee, she MAY NOT participate in "Pay to Play" - it is ILLEGAL.  This is the same thing as a DMV employee demanding $50 cash to take your picture for your Drivers License, and another employee demanding $50 cash, to administer and grade your driver's test.

    She took cash to "meet" with her.  Illegal.

    She took cash from countries that murder homosexuals, enslave women, practice female genital mutilation.  Something that she publically decries - but she loves their money.  Some folk may call that a lapse of integrity - but the Clintons were never known for their integrity, were they?

    To paraphrase Mr. Comly from the FBI testimony - Not sophisticated enough to know what Classified, Secret, Top Secret means - but she is sophisticated to be President.

  • Reply 35 of 63
    hodarhodar Posts: 357member
       Revelations that Hillary has been mixing her Clinton Foundation business with State Department meetings doesn't look good so I would hope Mr Cook (and Apple) aren't contributors to the Foundation as well as it leaves the impression of "special access" for the wealthy if they'll just toss some money the Clinton's way. 


    That part really bothers me.

    As Secretary of State, she is paid a salary of $186,600 annually.  She works for the People of the United States, as a direct employee of the Federal Government.  As an employee, she MAY NOT participate in "Pay to Play" - it is ILLEGAL.  This is the same thing as a DMV employee demanding $50 cash to take your picture for your Drivers License, and another employee demanding $50 cash, to administer and grade your driver's test.

    She took cash to "meet" with her.  Illegal.

    She took cash from countries that murder homosexuals, enslave women, practice female genital mutilation.  Something that she publically decries - but she loves their money.  Some folk may call that a lapse of integrity - but the Clintons were never known for their integrity, were they?

    To paraphrase Mr. Comly from the FBI testimony - Not sophisticated enough to know what Classified, Secret, Top Secret means - but she is sophisticated to be President.

  • Reply 36 of 63
    hodar said:

    Assume there is a ~50/50 split of political affiliation.

    No matter who you support - you will offend half your user base.  Now, as the CEO of a company, my goal is to sell as much of my product as possible.  To do this, I market the hell out of my product (nice job), I build a quality product (nice job), I support my product with outstanding after-market support (nice job) and I keep my PERSONAL LIFE out of the public eye (WTF are you doing, Mr Cook?).

    I don't care what you do in the bedroom.  That is YOUR business, not mine.

    I don't care who you vote for, that is YOUR business, not mine.

    When you make it public domain - you provide a reason for people to hate you, and by extension, your product.

    Let's ask some basic questions, shall we.  Is the CEO of (Coke, Pepsi, Ford, Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, Toyota, Dell, Nike, Whirlpool, Mars Candy, Hamilton Beach, McDonalds - looking around my office ...) straight/gay/bisexual, Atheist/Christian/Buddhist/Wiccan/Satanic/Moslem, liberal/conservative, white/black/Hispanic/ ....

    I don't know ... they don't advertise .... and most everyone else doesn't know (or care) either.  And because of this, they don't alienate any customers because of it.

    They sell products.  And that's the bottom line.

    THANK YOU. We've l had some very intelligent responses today but you win!  Best response so far.  
    gatorguy
  • Reply 37 of 63
    hodarhodar Posts: 357member
       Revelations that Hillary has been mixing her Clinton Foundation business with State Department meetings doesn't look good so I would hope Mr Cook (and Apple) aren't contributors to the Foundation as well as it leaves the impression of "special access" for the wealthy if they'll just toss some money the Clinton's way. 


    That part really bothers me.

    As Secretary of State, she is paid a salary of $186,600 annually.  She works for the People of the United States, as a direct employee of the Federal Government.  As an employee, she MAY NOT participate in "Pay to Play" - it is ILLEGAL.  This is the same thing as a DMV employee demanding $50 cash to take your picture for your Drivers License, and another employee demanding $50 cash, to administer and grade your driver's test.

    She took cash to "meet" with her.  Illegal.

    She took cash from countries that murder homosexuals, enslave women, practice female genital mutilation.  Something that she publically decries - but she loves their money.  Some folk may call that a lapse of integrity - but the Clintons were never known for their integrity, were they?

    To paraphrase Mr. Comly from the FBI testimony - Not sophisticated enough to know what Classified, Secret, Top Secret means - but she is sophisticated to be President.

  • Reply 38 of 63
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    razormaid said:

    I can't sit here and say I am a huge fan of either candidate. We all know that Clinton has done some very bad things and we are just going to overlook them because some don't like Trump. What is this world coming to? I would rather have someone I don't care for but is smart and not a crook with a solid moral compass than Hilary. I still think this country is great but is in a desperate need of a reset.
    I couldn't agree more!  Why not try a business person to fix the business of America. God knows politicians can't. 

    The problem with trump is he says these supposedly outrageous things. THATS NOT THE PROBLEM. The problem is.. 4 or 5 hours later after the "shock" we've been taught through politically correct wears off... all the sudden that's not that crazy. I mean he said something that made everyone spit out their coffee. But back home in your house you start understanding "he's saying what a lot of us are thinking but been conditioned to not think and certainly never ever ever say out loud."  Why is that?  What happened to my freedom of speech?  How was that taken away  shrewdly by people with louder voices and bullying tactics. Paula Dean has the right to say whatever the hell she wants. Look what "they" did to her? Look what "they" are doing to us?  I have the right to be as vulgar as I want or as kind as I want. It should not be policed by anyone ever!  Anyone reading this not getting that concept is part of the "you can say whatever you want as long as I approve it first" bullying group trying to silence freethinking people everywhere. 
    Oh, you mean like the business person you elected before Obama, the one who put the US economy on such sound footing?
    ration al
  • Reply 39 of 63
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,209member
    cnocbui said:
    razormaid said:

    I can't sit here and say I am a huge fan of either candidate. We all know that Clinton has done some very bad things and we are just going to overlook them because some don't like Trump. What is this world coming to? I would rather have someone I don't care for but is smart and not a crook with a solid moral compass than Hilary. I still think this country is great but is in a desperate need of a reset.
    I couldn't agree more!  Why not try a business person to fix the business of America. God knows politicians can't. 

    The problem with trump is he says these supposedly outrageous things. THATS NOT THE PROBLEM. The problem is.. 4 or 5 hours later after the "shock" we've been taught through politically correct wears off... all the sudden that's not that crazy. I mean he said something that made everyone spit out their coffee. But back home in your house you start understanding "he's saying what a lot of us are thinking but been conditioned to not think and certainly never ever ever say out loud."  Why is that?  What happened to my freedom of speech?  How was that taken away  shrewdly by people with louder voices and bullying tactics. Paula Dean has the right to say whatever the hell she wants. Look what "they" did to her? Look what "they" are doing to us?  I have the right to be as vulgar as I want or as kind as I want. It should not be policed by anyone ever!  Anyone reading this not getting that concept is part of the "you can say whatever you want as long as I approve it first" bullying group trying to silence freethinking people everywhere. 
    Oh, you mean like the business person you elected before Obama, the one who put the US economy on such sound footing?
    Bush was a business person? I did not know that. The only "business" thing I was aware of was the Ranger's ballpark, which was a group effort. 
  • Reply 40 of 63
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    cnocbui said:
    Oh, you mean like the business person you elected before Obama, the one who put the US economy on such sound footing?
    Ignorant much?

    Bush was the establishment. He ran because his father was prez.

    Hillary is also the establishment. She's running just because her cheating husband and abuser of women was prez.

    There is no monarchy in the US, and neither of them are entitled to anything, least of all becoming prez of the US.

    You know as much about US politics as you do about Apple, you Samsung shill.

Sign In or Register to comment.