Tim Cook's fundraiser for presidential candidate Hillary Clinton set for tonight

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    gatorguy said:
    gatorguy said:
    I plan to vote for Hillary, so my next comment is not bashing her: it's curious that someone as wealthy as Cook supports Hillary when she is very open about plans to increase taxes on the rich. I guess Cook's motivation is driven by looking at the alternative to Hillary... and deciding that scenario would be much worse (not necessarily in terms of tax policy).
    Lesser of two evils then?

Revelations that Hillary has been mixing her Clinton Foundation business with State Department meetings doesn't look good so I would hope Mr Cook (and Apple) aren't contributors to the Foundation as well as it leaves the impression of "special access" for the wealthy if they'll just toss some money the Clinton's way. 
    Lots of things don't look good in the lead up to a General Election.  Remember Swift Boat?  It doesn't mean they are true.
    So ignore the smoke? :)
    http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/new-abedin-emails-reveal-hillary-clinton-state-department-gave-special-access-top-clinton-foundation-donors/
    Funny, I've seen no mainstream media assessments that are as direct as this one. Most coverage is watered down and unclear about the conflict.
    I'm not at all surprised that they've been able to gloss over the issue. The Clintons' are very powerful politically and the Democrat machine doesn't particularly care about what might be best for the country as long as one of their lot is in the White House. To be fair the Republicans while not as supportive of their candidate, would still sooner see Ms. Clinton lose. Neither Dem/Republican candidate  is worth my vote at the moment so I've no idea where mine is going when the time comes.

I feel like I'm back in the 60's again, ranting against "the Establishment". 
  • Reply 62 of 63
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    gatorguy said:
    Lots of things don't look good in the lead up to a General Election.  Remember Swift Boat?  It doesn't mean they are true.
    So ignore the smoke?
    http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/new-abedin-emails-reveal-hillary-clinton-state-department-gave-special-access-top-clinton-foundation-donors/
    Exactly.  Have you seen the 'dirt' on the other side?  There has to be a winner, it may as well be one with a brain and experience.
    edited August 2016
  • Reply 63 of 63
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    gatorguy said:
    So ignore the smoke?
    Exactly.  Have you seen the 'dirt' on the other side?  There has to be a winner, it may as well be one with a brain and experience.
    But Bernie Sanders was torpedoed behind the scenes by his own party so he's no longer available.