Apple CEO Tim Cook urges employees to 'move forward together' in memo on 2016 presidential election

Comments

• Reply 101 of 145
    wizard69 said:
    redefiler said:
    wizard69 said:
    mobius said:
    Great memo Tim, now update the damn Mac Pros and Minis already!

Seriously though, I think it's a welcome and positive message at a time when many people feel much anxiety over the direction that the country will be heading. Apple and Trump seem at odds over so many issues. Let's hope Trump's more controversial proclamations do not turn into enacted policies that damages any of Apple's/Cook's principles.
    The problem is these so call principles need to be damaged. Apple for whatever reason thinks it is well above the law and doesn't need to be held to the same standards as the small fry out there. Their efforts at tax evasion being one of the more despicable practices. Apple can cloth itself in the cloak of inclusion but all that really does is distract people from their greater sins.

Cook can bull shit all he wants but frankly it is people like him that drove the population to elect Trump in the first place. Their attitude of screw the government and don't pay taxes, their attitude with respect to the production of hardware, their cozy relationship with a nation hostile to the USA, and their funding of leftist politics, only enrages the voting populace. It doesn't help much that they try to do social good (they have done some good deeds) and at the same time give America a big Fuck you. In the end you end up looking like a truly despicable corporation that tring to buy public favor!!!!!
    You're absolutely wrong.  This is a semi-coherent screed against Apple, if you omit or are unfamiliar with any actual context and information regarding how international business earnings and taxation laws work.  

This always sounds like blaming the devil for when the power goes out.  Clearly you have no idea how electricity works, and have replaced a very specifc procedures with superstition and mythology.   I blame the political sound bites you injest for this nonsense, and then you too.  

it is my post so obviously I'm absolutely right. part of the reason Trump got elected is that people like Cook and other leaders of industry, decided to screw over the American public by off shoring as much manufacturing as they could. They worked in conjunction with government to make this happen, there is not mystery here at all. So when I say people like Cook are responsible for Trump it is the result of the conditions they created.

Now can Trump reverse this restructured economy, I can't say but he was the candidate that offered a possibility.   To be perfectly honest if he isn't successful it could be vary bad for the country, possibly as bad as another civil war.

In any event you are full  of crap, I was around when trade with China was first opened up.   Things have gotten significantly worst in the decades after the opening of China.   We are now a country of massive unemployment and under employment, low wages and for a long time no light at the end of the tunnel.   Trump offers a bit of light at the end of the tunnel if he can address the inequity that we see.    Like I said though if he can't address the state of the country then we will likely move into an era of extreme unrest that we have only seen glimpses of under Obama.

Frankly this isn't about politics it is about the human condition and what desperation can do to people.
    So you've abandoned your Apple didn't pay taxes nonsense, and moved the goal posts to manufacturing derp?  Those manufacturing jobs aren't coming back.  Even in the Texas facility that makes Mac Pros, its more than 50% automated.  iPhone production is also moving closer towards full automation.  

Those US tech manufacturing jobs have been in decline since the 1970's, this isn't some new trend pushed by Cook.  That trend started decades before China was opened up, and the exact same derp was lobbied at Japan before.  American companies are going to do business and employ people in other countries, and China isn't the reason our economy is in such terrible shape.  The reason is the Government abuse and graft thru excessive tax revenue, and stupid policies that make it difficult to do business within the US.  Even if Trump could magically convince everyone to move tech manufacturing here, that process would take decades and put US tech superiority at a serious disadvantage. 

The human condition?  Why the fuck would you saddle Americans with waging a destructive trade war over a job segment that's rapidly vanishing?  That's cruel, pointless and boneheaded.
    edited November 2016 spice-boy
  • Reply 102 of 145
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    apple ][ said:
    Paradroid said:

And if Hillary had won there wouldn't have been any need for a letter to the staff because she didn't suggest that she had a problem with Mexicans, Muslims and various other minority groups.
    That was one of her huge flaws, that she didn't have a problem with them, and she should have. Any reasonable, non-lobotomized person should.

To be clear, do I have a problem with Mexicans? Not at all. But I do have a problem with illegal Mexicans. I have a problem with illegal people, no matter where they are from. Throw them all out, immediately. An illegal Swede or an illegal Mexican? It makes no difference to me at all. I do not discriminate in that instance. They're both scum, and both should immediately be deported, because they're illegal and a potential security threat, not to mention economic leaches and thieves. And yes, quite a few of them are also rapists, criminals, murderers and worse.

Do I have a problem with Muslims? Not at all. But I do have a big problem with Muslim terrorists, and Hillary's plan was to import many terrorists into the USA, as that would have been the outcome when importing countless numbers of "refugees" from hostile regions of the world, regions and countries that hate the USA and Americans. We are at war, and only a complete idiot would want to import many of the enemy and invite them into our country, which would guarantee countless more Orlandos, or New Yorks, or San Bernadinos and so on and so on.

I don't need to be nice to Illegal Aliens and I don't need to be nice to Muslim terrorists. That is political correctness taken to the extreme and to dangerous levels and the American people have rejected the extremism of Hillary Clinton and her psychotic friends.

2016 is the beginning of the end for PCness, and it's about damn time. Good riddance.

This whole country was founded by thieves, and, rapists. The biggest theft of all was the good ol' US of A. A lot of it from the Native Americans, and the entire Southwest , to the West Coast was taken from the Mexicans/Spanish. 
    baconstangration alargonaut
  • Reply 103 of 145
    This whole country was founded by thieves, and, rapists. The biggest theft of all was the good ol' US of A. A lot of it from the Native Americans, and the entire Southwest , to the West Coast was taken from the Mexicans/Spanish. 
    Get off your retarded, historically illiterate, racist kick, please.
    apple ][gtr
  • Reply 104 of 145
    redefiler said:
    Seriously?

When your boss has to tell you to stop arguing over team politics at work,
    that's a clear sign that your team politics are complete immature bullshit.

Obama was an inexperienced, petty, self-aggrandizing clown, now there's just a different one.
    Grow the fuck up, America.
    Which explains why you're paying $6 gallon of gas...oh, wait, you're not!
    Which explains why the unemployment rate is 42%....oh wait, it's actually 5%!
    Can't wait to see you all paying more for, well, just about *everything*, the least of which your precious Apple products which will be the first casualty in a promised trade war with China.
    This will be very exciting!
    dasanman69baconstangration al
  • Reply 105 of 145

We survived revolution, a civil war, two world wars, depression, civil rights, Vietnam etc. I think we can survive Trump. Liberals need to stop with the hyperbole and faux outrage.
    You know who says stuff like that? Someone who has never had to deal with any of those things because it was other people, including liberals, who did all the hard work so that you can spend an inordinate amount of your time posting stuff online.
    This is all going to be so *very* exciting watching you with furrowed brows in a vain attempt to understand how Caligula Jr hasn't delivered on any of his promises. Well, except to harass non-whites. That's always been America's favorite pastime.

dasanman69spice-boybaconstangsingularityration al
  • Reply 106 of 145
    Get off your retarded, historically illiterate, racist kick, please.
    You should change your name to Clorox with all the white washing you do. 
    baconstangsingularityration alargonaut
  • Reply 107 of 145
    spice-boy said:
    Let me take a wild guess that had Hillary Clinton won Tim Cook wouldn't have wrote this letter. I didn't vote for Donald Trump but the country has survived much worse than him. On the other hand if California ever decided to secede I'm not sure the rest of the country would really care. California really is nothing like the rest of the country. If Democrats are to take power again it's not going to come from San Francisco.
    I would love California to secede. Then their transplants would stop infecting the rest of the country with their horrific progressive politics and we could laugh as Governor Moonbeam collapsed the little country on itself. 
    It is richer states like New York (at least the city) and states like California which support the flyover states of America. Most of Trump supporters are poor, on or below poverty level and have educations at or below high school level. They apparently are unskilled labor since they are mostly unemployed outside of minimum wage service jobs. They are not traveled or exposed to ideas, people and places outside of a 50 mile radius. They are fearful, think guns will protect them from some unseen invading army so they stock up on them instead of putting that money towards their child's education. They are not good at seeing beyond their horizons, as when the companies they worked for started cutting workers job it never dawned on them that that employer was closing soon and it was time to get training in another field. They are apparently too proud to take advantage of taxpayer funded government training programs, or just too lazy. They blame illegal Mexicans for all the problems they brought upon themselves because looking in a mirror and seeing what they made of their lives amounts to nothing. The ones that are too unhealthy to join the armed forces go on public assistance and think nothing of it like they ever contributed anything to the tax base in their lives. They denies statistics which prove that more caucasian  people are on welfare in this country than any other group. It also never dawned on them that the world is an ever changing place, technology changes not just how you shop and communicate with other but will put an end to out dated industries. As a teenager I recognized that my once industrial home town was a dead end and I decided I was leaving by the time I turned 18 to get an eduction (whiich I paid for myself).  Trump supporter need only blame themselves for being to short-sighted and believing time stands still, in reality there is no going back. The Trump supporters posting here should know this as well unless you are all still using Bondi blue iMacs. 
    So now progressives and Democrats are suddenly for the wealthy 1% unfairly ruling the rest?  Because this 1% garbage has been the 'liberal' mantra for years, and now suddenly it's ok to do the opposite because your team flavor lost? 

You're not only a hypocrite about wealth, you progressive winners are also hypocritical about race, everything is blame 'whitey' now.  Guess what?  Mexicans and Muslims aren't races, and the shrill cry of racism anytime those groups are mentioned has gotten pretty stale.  But grouping a very diverse selection of people all as 'white' or Caucasian is pure racism and ignorance.  The fact that you don't see this, will be your own shameful stain on history.  It all lives forever on the internet, and you white hate clowns, will forever be marked by this bigotry and hate.

If somebody still has a bondi blue iMac working, more power to them.  $1200 spread over 15+ years is a hell of good investment in tools and tech.  You should seriously consider leaving your bike helmet on before posting next time.
    tallest skil
  • Reply 108 of 145
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    redefiler said:

If somebody still has a bondi blue iMac working, more power to them.  
    I have one, I hardly ever turn it on, as I have countless other newer Apple devices, but it's still working great, just as well as when it was first released.

I keep it in one of my rooms, and it's basically serving as a sculpture or a piece of art, and it does its job well. :#
    gtr
  • Reply 109 of 145
    Have you also noticed that some of the so-called "intelligent" liberals that are spewing false information and false facts about "poor" and "uneducated" Trump voters in this thread can barely spell, and their posts are ironically littered with grammatical errors and misspelled words?

You can't even make this shit up. :#

Get off your high horse, you uneducated, ignorant, arrogant, clueless propagandist and liar. You lost, you loser, so grow up, and get over it, you cry baby, and immature child.

tallest skilgtr
  • Reply 110 of 145
    apple ][ said:
    Have you also noticed that some of the so-called "intelligent" liberals that are spewing false information and false facts about "poor" and "uneducated" Trump voters in this thread can barely spell, and their posts are ironically littered with grammatical errors and misspelled words?

You can't even make this shit up. :#

Get off your high horse, you uneducated, ignorant, arrogant, clueless propagandist and liar. You lost, you loser, so grow up, and get over it, you cry baby, and immature child.

I speak 5 languages English not my first, how good is your spelling and grammar in, German, Swedish, Danish and Spanish? 
    baconstangargonaut
  • Reply 111 of 145

apple ][ said:
    redefiler said:

If somebody still has a bondi blue iMac working, more power to them.  
    I have one, I hardly ever turn it on, as I have countless other newer Apple devices, but it's still working great, just as well as when it was first released.

I keep it in one of my rooms, and it's basically serving as a sculpture or a piece of art, and it does its job well. :#
    Try using it for banking.
  • Reply 112 of 145

redefiler said:
    spice-boy said:
    Let me take a wild guess that had Hillary Clinton won Tim Cook wouldn't have wrote this letter. I didn't vote for Donald Trump but the country has survived much worse than him. On the other hand if California ever decided to secede I'm not sure the rest of the country would really care. California really is nothing like the rest of the country. If Democrats are to take power again it's not going to come from San Francisco.
    I would love California to secede. Then their transplants would stop infecting the rest of the country with their horrific progressive politics and we could laugh as Governor Moonbeam collapsed the little country on itself. 
    It is richer states like New York (at least the city) and states like California which support the flyover states of America. Most of Trump supporters are poor, on or below poverty level and have educations at or below high school level. They apparently are unskilled labor since they are mostly unemployed outside of minimum wage service jobs. They are not traveled or exposed to ideas, people and places outside of a 50 mile radius. They are fearful, think guns will protect them from some unseen invading army so they stock up on them instead of putting that money towards their child's education. They are not good at seeing beyond their horizons, as when the companies they worked for started cutting workers job it never dawned on them that that employer was closing soon and it was time to get training in another field. They are apparently too proud to take advantage of taxpayer funded government training programs, or just too lazy. They blame illegal Mexicans for all the problems they brought upon themselves because looking in a mirror and seeing what they made of their lives amounts to nothing. The ones that are too unhealthy to join the armed forces go on public assistance and think nothing of it like they ever contributed anything to the tax base in their lives. They denies statistics which prove that more caucasian  people are on welfare in this country than any other group. It also never dawned on them that the world is an ever changing place, technology changes not just how you shop and communicate with other but will put an end to out dated industries. As a teenager I recognized that my once industrial home town was a dead end and I decided I was leaving by the time I turned 18 to get an eduction (whiich I paid for myself).  Trump supporter need only blame themselves for being to short-sighted and believing time stands still, in reality there is no going back. The Trump supporters posting here should know this as well unless you are all still using Bondi blue iMacs. 
    So now progressives and Democrats are suddenly for the wealthy 1% unfairly ruling the rest?  Because this 1% garbage has been the 'liberal' mantra for years, and now suddenly it's ok to do the opposite because your team flavor lost? 

You're not only a hypocrite about wealth, you progressive winners are also hypocritical about race, everything is blame 'whitey' now.  Guess what?  Mexicans and Muslims aren't races, and the shrill cry of racism anytime those groups are mentioned has gotten pretty stale.  But grouping a very diverse selection of people all as 'white' or Caucasian is pure racism and ignorance.  The fact that you don't see this, will be your own shameful stain on history.  It all lives forever on the internet, and you white hate clowns, will forever be marked by this bigotry and hate.

If somebody still has a bondi blue iMac working, more power to them.  $1200 spread over 15+ years is a hell of good investment in tools and tech.  You should seriously consider leaving your bike helmet on before posting next time.
    Donald is that you? Don't you have better things to do like learning how the US government works?
    baconstangration al
  • Reply 113 of 145
    spice-boy said:
    Try using it for banking.
    I'm not sure of the point that you're attempting to make.

Why would I use my 1999 iMac for banking?

The last time that I turned it on was about 6 months ago, and I played CIV II on it, still awesome! :#

As for banking, I do that on my newer Macs and on my iPads and iPhones, I also use Apple Pay a bit when outside, works like a charm! B)
    edited November 2016
  • Reply 114 of 145
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,322member
    toddzrx said:
    mattinoz said:
    He may have also said something like 'If i don't win there is something seriously wrong'
    What definitely didn't point out was that it is rigged in his favour.
    Just like every other voting system is rigged towards the conservative establishment that Trump represents.
    That's why Obama won in '08, and Clinton in '92?

Seriously, what planet are you on?
    I'm on a planet that has consistently delivered more representation to conservatives with the same vote as it would deliver to "steady as she goes" or progressives.
    I mean have you ever seen a middle ground candidate win without a significant advantage in the popular vote. Yet we've seen conservatives do it all the time.

I think it's called Earth.
  • Reply 115 of 145
    kent909 said:
    It is not Trump who scares me. Mitch Mcconnell will keep him in line. It is the people who voted for Trump that worry me. A co-worker was in Target yesterday and watched as a man walked up to a black woman and got in her face and said "I bet you're  scared now".  Unleash the hounds. Anyone who is defending any of Trumps short comings or suggesting people just need to suck it up need to be aware the is the type of situation where at some point anyone is fair game for crazy people.
    Are you serious? Turn on the TV and see all the entitlement progressive liberals rioting in the streets because Trump won. Those are the people you should be scared about. You didn't see conservatives rioting in the street when Obama won both times. 
    As a New Yorker for 35 years all I can say is you fools that voted for him have no clue to what he is all about. This is what he values in order, Trump, pussy, Trump, money, more money, applause, being noticed, pussy and even more money. Charity, public service are not on this list. Fools. 
    baconstangsingularityration alargonaut
  • Reply 116 of 145
    spice-boy said:
    As a New Yorker for 35 years all I can say is you fools that voted for him have no clue to what he is all about. This is what he values in order, Trump, pussy, Trump, money, more money, applause, being noticed, pussy and even more money. Charity, public service are not on this list. Fools. 
    I'm a New Yorker too, and Trump easily got my vote. 

I like money too, and I'm about to go and grab a female by the pussy, and they'll like it too! Hell Yeah!

What a bunch of liberal hypocrites. Oh no! He once said the word pussy! How horrible!

He's a straight male who likes women! How disgusting! :#

GTFO! B)

boltsfan17tallest skil
  • Reply 117 of 145
    apple ][ said:
    spice-boy said:

I like money too, and I'm about to go and grab a female by the pussy, and they'll like it too! Hell Yeah!

What a bunch of liberal hypocrites. Oh no! He once said the word pussy! How horrible!

He's a straight male who likes women! How disgusting! :#

GTFO! B)

They still don't get it. Brainwashed by the mainstream liberal media. 
    spice-boytallest skil
  • Reply 118 of 145
    They still don't get it. Brainwashed by the mainstream liberal media. 
    Indeed. They certainly don't get it, and neither does the lie-media. The media is blaming the voters now, and not themselves.

The good news now is that it doesn't really matter if they don't get it. They are all irrelevant and it doesn't matter what they write or say now. The majority has tuned them out, and their lies have zero effect.

My faith in the American public has been restored.

We will be setting the agenda going forth, not them, so they can all go jump off of a cliff for all I care. :#
    tallest skilboltsfan17
  • Reply 119 of 145
    redefiler said:
    Seriously?

When your boss has to tell you to stop arguing over team politics at work,
    that's a clear sign that your team politics are complete immature bullshit.

Obama was an inexperienced, petty, self-aggrandizing clown, now there's just a different one.
    Grow the fuck up, America.
    Which explains why you're paying $6 gallon of gas...oh, wait, you're not!
    Which explains why the unemployment rate is 42%....oh wait, it's actually 5%!
    Can't wait to see you all paying more for, well, just about *everything*, the least of which your precious Apple products which will be the first casualty in a promised trade war with China.
    This will be very exciting!
    Cool story, bro.
    gtr
  • Reply 120 of 145

apple ][ said:
    spice-boy said:

He's a straight male who likes women! How disgusting!

GTFO! B

That whole hysteria about him being a misogynist was laughable.  It's clear anyone who knew much about women, would never talk like that.  How exactly do you 'grab' that?  Some kind of hooking maneuver with the fingers?  Pinching a little bit of skin or hair?  He was clearly bullshitting and trying to sound macho, because what he said doesn't even make sense.  But like Trump, liberals clearly have no fucking clue about female anatomy either.   And It was pretty funny watching supposed adults get hysterical about this being a thing, and then invent victims of a nonsensical boast.  

I think that's when the left put the nail in their coffin.  Instead of going with Trump being too stupid to know how women work (an actual valid point), they went straight to 'he sexually assaults women'.  It betrayed the equal ignorance of the left and exposed their whole philosophy as being no better than fundamental Christian extremists demonizing  over plunging necklines.  Now that they've been caught out being morons, their fragile egos won't let them acknowledge their inherent pettiness, bias and ignorance.
    edited November 2016 apple ][