124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 74
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member

k2kw said:
    paxman said:
    lkrupp said:
    eriamjh said:
    Actual words are meaningless to Trump.  Nothing he says is actually an indication of a position, mindset, plan, etc.  
    Just like every U.S. President before him. Smoke and mirrors from them all.
    Not at all.  To validate Trump by somehow comparing him to previous presidents, no matter their lies and juggling truths, is irresponsible. Current POTUS is beyond anything ever seen before. You may like the fact that he is is NOT a politician, and you may buy into his "I'm a great deal maker" schpiel, but take a few minutes and learn why he is derided by so many. You are a smart guy and nobody will know that you put aside political leanings for a moment. Look at it with the post above in mind. Also, look at what Republicans and Democrats alike say of his understanding of health care. Remember he campaigned on this.
    It's not irresponsible. The same could be said about Obama. We've never seen an administration like Obama's that was full of so many scandals and lies. He just got a pass on everything in the liberal majority media. Trump didn't write the health care bill that was pulled. Replacing Obamacare is far from over. 
    The only specific thing on health care that Trump said he would do is lower drug prices.   Otherwise he was mostly vague on the plan to ObamaCare.   He needs to work on that first.   Canada pays far less than USA.
    From an article from Politico 6 promise the current POTUS made, 
    ‘INSURANCE FOR EVERYBODY’
    ‘NO CUTS … TO MEDICAID’:
    ‘NOBODY WILL BE WORSE OFF FINANCIALLY’
    ‘GET RID OF ARTIFICIAL LINES’
    ‘EVERYBODY’S GOING TO BE TAKEN CARE OF’
    these promises were taken from a televised interview on CBS "60 Minutes" 
    Despite his claims he enthusiastically endorsed Paul Ryan's plan, this was televised from the Oval Office, either The current President forgot his promises, had no intention of keeping them or could not be bothered to read Ryan's hatched job of Obama care, we may never know. 
    edited March 2017
  • Reply 62 of 74
    Soli said:
    Tiring this is, your incessant desire to politicize this website.  You will lose us if you keep this up.  If we want politics and fake news and such, we can watch CNN or Fox or whatever.  Please, make this a pleasant site for dedicated Apple users.  Thank you for your hard work in the past, and, I hope for the future.
    The man has an iPhone. This is an Apple-focused website. He's the first POTUS to use one. He did call for a ban of Apple products not too long ago. This article makes perfect sense, and it's not a political statement.
    For those members complaining about articles like this, copy this and put it on a sticky.

Once more, Apple being as large as it is and as socially and politically involved as it is will by definition draw articles involving politics. The POTUS, calling for an Apple ban during the election period, and using an Apple phone is notable for an Apple-centric publication.

We don't write stories to offend the readers. If you're offended by what we write based on your political affiliation because of what you are interpreting from an article that isn't an editorial, then that is on you.

If it forces you away from perhaps the LEAST political-oriented Apple publication, that is also on you -- but just go, and don't make a big scene about it.

Regardless of what party is in power, the President's office can be respected, while perhaps still not respecting the man. If you're screaming now about respecting the office AND the man, were you doing so a year ago? 

There's a very old saying, that Band of Brothers on HBO repeated: "Salute the uniform, not the man." Regardless of how you fall, he is the legally elected American President. But, that doesn't, and has never, put his conduct or behavior above reproach.

We kept this thread open as an experiment, to see how well our commenters would stick to the commenting guidelines. How well do you all think it's going, hm? 

I'm a reasonable guy. I've never locked a thread here. I'm getting close. Keep it civil.

This is the same Appleinsider that featured several Daniel Eran Dilger articles with unnecessary biased partisan political content?  And during this last presidential election cycle?  Comparing Steve Jobs to Hillary Clinton a month before the vote... seriously?  

There's a time to get off your high horse, and there's also a time to face the reality that you've been riding a miniature pony all along. 

It's completely disingenuous to put this all on your readers now.  Your editorial staff cultivated this, and turned off a lot of people with your site's petty and unrelated political content.  You lost the moral high ground long ago, Appleinsider squandered its ability to be non-partisan when you started trading in this garbage yourselves.   Your 'editorial' cloak of invisibility is pretty ineffective when you can't manage to find one picture of Trump with a phone to pair with your article.  Your reply about the photo further betrays a petty, shallow team pol bias.

And yet here you are still engaging in more of the same within your response "if you're screaming now about respecting the office AND the man, were you doing so a year ago?"  Why are you even trying to go tit for tat in a political team comparison?  This kinda crap is why YOU and APPLEINSIDER have lost respect and benefit of doubt. 

Further who are you to judge people's behavior?  Where do you get off with the moralizing about anyone?  This is the site people go to for Apple product news and development rumors.  The lazy politician content is one less article you could have written about something tangibly Mac or iOS related.  This kind of click bait garbage is beyond boring, and that's an even worse condemnation than the blatant partisanship.

I suggest readers use an ad blocker on this site, there's no reason to reward Appleinsider with more ad revenue until something changes. And I suggest you clean up your editorial practices, seriously check your political bias (it's clearly showing), and print a prominent apology to readers explaining how you're going to prevent this in future.  Because now you're stuck, you've got a bad rep and it will continue to taint any related content you post.  The work of washing this stink of hack political partisanship is entirely on you and Appleinsider.

edited March 2017 SpamSandwich
  • Reply 63 of 74
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,918administrator
    redefiler said:
    Soli said:
    Tiring this is, your incessant desire to politicize this website.  You will lose us if you keep this up.  If we want politics and fake news and such, we can watch CNN or Fox or whatever.  Please, make this a pleasant site for dedicated Apple users.  Thank you for your hard work in the past, and, I hope for the future.
    The man has an iPhone. This is an Apple-focused website. He's the first POTUS to use one. He did call for a ban of Apple products not too long ago. This article makes perfect sense, and it's not a political statement.
    For those members complaining about articles like this, copy this and put it on a sticky.

Once more, Apple being as large as it is and as socially and politically involved as it is will by definition draw articles involving politics. The POTUS, calling for an Apple ban during the election period, and using an Apple phone is notable for an Apple-centric publication.

We don't write stories to offend the readers. If you're offended by what we write based on your political affiliation because of what you are interpreting from an article that isn't an editorial, then that is on you.

If it forces you away from perhaps the LEAST political-oriented Apple publication, that is also on you -- but just go, and don't make a big scene about it.

Regardless of what party is in power, the President's office can be respected, while perhaps still not respecting the man. If you're screaming now about respecting the office AND the man, were you doing so a year ago? 

There's a very old saying, that Band of Brothers on HBO repeated: "Salute the uniform, not the man." Regardless of how you fall, he is the legally elected American President. But, that doesn't, and has never, put his conduct or behavior above reproach.

We kept this thread open as an experiment, to see how well our commenters would stick to the commenting guidelines. How well do you all think it's going, hm? 

I'm a reasonable guy. I've never locked a thread here. I'm getting close. Keep it civil.

This is the same Appleinsider that featured several Daniel Eran Dilger articles with unnecessary biased partisan political content?  And during this last presidential election cycle?  Comparing Steve Jobs to Hillary Clinton a month before the vote... seriously?  

There's a time to get off your high horse, and there's also a time to face the reality that you've been riding a miniature pony all along. 

It's completely disingenuous to put this all on your readers now.  Your editorial staff cultivated this, and turned off a lot of people with your site's petty and unrelated political content.  You lost the moral high ground long ago, Appleinsider squandered its ability to be non-partisan when you started trading in this garbage yourselves.   Your 'editorial' cloak of invisibility is pretty ineffective when you can't manage to find one picture of Trump with a phone to pair with your article.  Your reply about the photo further betrays a petty, shallow team pol bias.

And yet here you are still engaging in more of the same within your response "if you're screaming now about respecting the office AND the man, were you doing so a year ago?"  Why are you even trying to go tit for tat in a political team comparison?  This kinda crap is why YOU and APPLEINSIDER have lost respect and benefit of doubt. 

Further who are you to judge people's behavior?  Where do you get off with the moralizing about anyone?  This is the site people go to for Apple product news and development rumors.  The lazy politician content is one less article you could have written about something tangibly Mac or iOS related.  This kind of click bait garbage is beyond boring, and that's an even worse condemnation than the blatant partisanship.

I suggest readers use an ad blocker on this site, there's no reason to reward Appleinsider with more ad revenue until something changes. And I suggest you clean up your editorial practices, seriously check your political bias (it's clearly showing), and print a prominent apology to readers explaining how you're going to prevent this in future.  Because now you're stuck, you've got a bad rep and it will continue to taint any related content you post.  The work of washing this stink of hack political partisanship is entirely on you and Appleinsider.

It's almost like there are MULTIPLE PEOPLE writing here with DIFFERENT POLITICAL VIEWS. Something else that is on the reader to figure out.

This piece is not an editorial, and if you read it as such, you're wrong -- and yes, that is on you. We clearly label editorials, and if you don't like Daniel's politics, then don't read his pieces. Nobody forced you to click on this article either!

Show me in this news article about an Apple-critical POTUS, who called for an Apple ban, using an Apple phone where there is ANY political bias. Show me where it's unfair, and mischaracterizes the man's actions and statements.

If you're afraid of seeing Trump catch heat for what he's doing, that has historically been not in Apple's best interests, then don't read articles with his name on it. I'm willing to bet that the encryption and tax reform issues that have still yet to be addressed by the administration will have profound impact on Apple, and we're going to talk about it whether you like it or not.

We owe you no apology, and you won't be getting one. Use an ad-blocker if you'd like, such is your right, but that gives you no moral high ground to stand on, as then you'd be stealing.

Have a nice time finding a less politically active Apple site. You shouldn't come back here if you can't differentiate writer from writer, given that we have bylines. 

For the record, I am a Navy veteran and a Republican -- just not as far to the right as Trump. So, nice guess about political slant, but again, you're mistaken. There, I made it easier for you. Now you know my political leanings.

And hey, look at that. You didn't get banned for violating like three parts of the commenter's code of conduct.
    edited March 2017 paxman
  • Reply 64 of 74
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    spice-boy said:
    The current President forgot his promises, had no intention of keeping them or could not be bothered to read Ryan's hatched job of Obama care, we may never know. 
    Or, you know, you could comprehend that “one thing (which was bad anyway) failed therefore it will never happen ever again ever you lose you were wrong i say so that makes it true” is total bullshit and that you’re literally behaving as though you’re no more intelligent that Bastiat’s stereotype of leftists.
    This piece is not an editorial, and if you read it as such, you're wrong -- and yes, that is on you. We clearly label editorials, and if you don't like Daniel's politics, then don't read his pieces. Nobody forced you to click on this article either! Show me in this news article about an Apple-critical POTUS, who called for an Apple ban, using an Apple phone where there is ANY political bias. Show me where it’s unfair, and mischaracterizes the man's actions and statements.
    Don’t sweat the small stuff here, Mike. No need to get riled up about it.¹ You’re totally correct about this article specifically. My only complaint with political content here has been the lack of ingenuousness regarding the will to allow discussion to be held when partisanship rears its head, but I understand that many others don’t like the idea of politics being posted here at all. This belief is held, often, in response to the aforementioned partisanship and paints any other political articles with that same stroke. To the thought of removing all political content (because it’s an Apple site and the content “doesn’t belong” here), I’ll quote the following.
    The worst illiterate is the political illiterate. He hears nothing, sees nothing, takes no part in political life. He doesn’t seem to know that the cost of living–the price of beans, of flour, of rent, of medicines–all depend on political decisions. He even prides himself on his political ignorance, sticks out his chest and says he hates politics. He doesn’t know, the imbecile, that from his political non-participation comes the prostitute, the abandoned child, the robber, and, worst of all, corrupt officials–the lackeys of exploitive multinational corporations. – Bertolt Brecht
    Part of this imbecility comes from the last 70 years of politics coming to a head; people have been beaten down by their governments’ ever-increasing control so much that they can now try to justify to themselves not participating in the process at all. It’s cowardice, more than stupidity, in my mind (and that’s worse), but government (et. al. …*cough*) control of things like the media has also ensured that the individual is bombarded not only by falsehoods and outright lies (libel) about the people in charge, the state of the world, and what you, the viewer, are “allowed: to do about it, but also by mindless, meaningless content–some explicitly created for its mentally attuning properties–in which the viewer can lose himself and ignore real problems in the world today. The worst part? They’ve begun to mock people for it. For the control they have over your lives.

Specifically the single line at 0:43. There are, of course, many other examples.

Not to say this is a new problem…
    It is a melancholy truth that a suppression of the press could not more completely deprive the nation of its benefits than is done by its abandoned prostitution to falsehood. Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle.
    – Thomas Jefferson letter to John Norvell, June 11, 1807

There is no such thing, at this date of the world’s history, in America, as an independent press. You know it and I know it. There is not one of you who dares to write your honest opinions, and if you did, you know beforehand that it would never appear in print. I am paid weekly for keeping my honest opinion out of the paper I am connected with. Others of you are paid similar salaries for similar things, and any of you who would be so foolish as to write honest opinions would be out on the streets looking for another job. If I allowed my honest opinions to appear in one issue of my paper, before twenty-four hours my occupation would be gone.
    The business of the journalists is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell his country and his race for his daily bread. You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press? We are the tools and vassals of rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities, and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes.
    – John Swinton, chief editorial writer, The New York Times 1860-70
    The point is not to disparage those who don’t want to see politics (at all), but to show them why they’re wrong or… something. What was I talking about?

Ah. I don’t care.

¹Holy shit, who IS this guy and what did he do with the real Tallest Skil?!
    edited March 2017 SpamSandwich
  • Reply 65 of 74
    redefilerredefiler Posts: 323member
    paxman said:
    lkrupp said:
    eriamjh said:
    Actual words are meaningless to Trump.  Nothing he says is actually an indication of a position, mindset, plan, etc.  
    Just like every U.S. President before him. Smoke and mirrors from them all.
    Not at all.  To validate Trump by somehow comparing him to previous presidents, no matter their lies and juggling truths, is irresponsible. Current POTUS is beyond anything ever seen before. You may like the fact that he is is NOT a politician, and you may buy into his "I'm a great deal maker" schpiel, but take a few minutes and learn why he is derided by so many. You are a smart guy and nobody will know that you put aside political leanings for a moment. Look at it with the post above in mind. Also, look at what Republicans and Democrats alike say of his understanding of health care. Remember he campaigned on this.
    Obama's campaign speech was just as full of confused talk about health care.  If you compare Obama's talk and understanding of health care versus what he actually signed, where's the difference in 'understanding' with Trump?  Either Obama's a moron who completely misused his fancier vocabulary, or he lied about pretty much all of what his stated understanding of health care was.

If validation comes from whether he delivered those falsehoods with more eloquence, then maybe you've got a point.  Personally I always though he had a tendancy to be meek, whiny and quick to scapegoat.  So crude, stupid bravado just seems like a different flavor of bullshit.  Both of these clowns' public demeanors are pure contrivance though, you'd be committing a logical and tactical error to assume otherwise.

There's no pre-credential process for 'politician'.  You aren't one until you're elected to something.  That's all the title means, no magic there.  Trump is a politician like Obama and Bush and all the other silly, mediocre D or R team legislators that people ordain with such reverence. 

• Reply 66 of 74
    spice-boy said:
    The current President forgot his promises, had no intention of keeping them or could not be bothered to read Ryan's hatched job of Obama care, we may never know. 
    Or, you know, you could comprehend that “one thing (which was bad anyway) failed therefore it will never happen ever again ever you lose you were wrong i say so that makes it true” is total bullshit and that you’re literally behaving as though you’re no more intelligent that Bastiat’s stereotype of leftists.
    Can someone please decipher this guys comment for me, I'm confused by the use of "" and ( ) as well as the content. Once again he conveniently ignores 90% of my comment's content, which is based on nationally broadcast video proof, he takes my summary out of context to insult my intelligence and some bonus profanity. 
    Solisingularity
  • Reply 67 of 74
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    redefiler said:
    Soli said:

What a load of cobblers!
    Soli
  • Reply 68 of 74
    redefilerredefiler Posts: 323member
    redefiler said:
    Soli said:

It's almost like there are MULTIPLE PEOPLE writing here with DIFFERENT POLITICAL VIEWS. Something else that is on the reader to figure out.

This piece is not an editorial, and if you read it as such, you're wrong -- and yes, that is on you. We clearly label editorials, and if you don't like Daniel's politics, then don't read his pieces. Nobody forced you to click on this article either!

Show me in this news article about an Apple-critical POTUS, who called for an Apple ban, using an Apple phone where there is ANY political bias. Show me where it's unfair, and mischaracterizes the man's actions and statements.

If you're afraid of seeing Trump catch heat for what he's doing, that has historically been not in Apple's best interests, then don't read articles with his name on it. I'm willing to bet that the encryption and tax reform issues that have still yet to be addressed by the administration will have profound impact on Apple, and we're going to talk about it whether you like it or not.

We owe you no apology, and you won't be getting one. Use an ad-blocker if you'd like, such is your right, but that gives you no moral high ground to stand on, as then you'd be stealing.

Have a nice time finding a less politically active Apple site. You shouldn't come back here if you can't differentiate writer from writer, given that we have bylines. 

For the record, I am a Navy veteran and a Republican -- just not as far to the right as Trump. So, nice guess about political slant, but again, you're mistaken. There, I made it easier for you. Now you know my political leanings.

And hey, look at that. You didn't get banned for violating like three parts of the commenter's code of conduct.

Ok... since when are Republicans not partisans?  And Navy... so I shouldn't have to remind you about ethics:

You picked a weird photo to go with your article, got legitimately called on it, and then posted an incredibly wack reply.  Do an image search for Trump and phone, you have to go out of your way not to find one of him and a phone.  So your editorializing on a 'non-editorial' and then arguing otherwise.  That's just plain unethical journalism.  

This is a pattern on Appleinsider.  What's embarrassing is not what you say about politicians, it's that you even bother with these kinda cheap shots.   If you had kept it dry, you'd have moral authority, but you Mike, chose to play in the political mud, and then cry foul when it's pointed out and blame others for reacting along the same predictable political lines.

I don't even like Trump, I don't vote for your team or the other, not a fan.  But if you're that sensitive and easily triggered when criticized for inserting unnecessary political cheap shots, then maybe you really do need to unwind from the petty politics? It's poisonous to reason and logic, and ultimately your content.  

Honestly all the Mac rumor sites are kinda hack, your's has slightly better formatting to list more articles on the home page.  Slightly quicker to scan the 'Mac news'.  That's your only real advantage, the politics are universally stupid here and elsewhere, but you could be better than that, by keeping your nose clean and spending that wasted energy on upping your quality.

I'm stealing nothing.  You're posting public content, and collecting user meta data without prior consent.  I'm not replacing your ads nor am I reposting it anywhere.  You want to put your content behind a transacation wall, go for it. You want to put your content behind an ad-blocker-blocker, go for it.

I recommended you make an apology if you really wanted  keep the ship shape politically.  I don't care if you apologize or not.  I'd prefer to see Appleinsider focus on meatier content.  That would make your site BETTER than others, ya know... no gristle is better than 'less' gristle?  I recommended an action others could take if Appleinsider wanted to keep up this nonsense. 

Whatever Mike.  If this is how I'm going down, feel pretty good about it.  I've made my case, and gave you some solid constructive criticism.  If the non-partisan guy gets 'punished' because of your Trump slap fight, then there's nothing more offensive that I could ever post about you.

• Reply 69 of 74
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,918administrator
    redefiler said:

Ok... since when are Republicans not partisans?  And Navy... so I shouldn't have to remind you about ethics:

You picked a weird photo to go with your article, got legitimately called on it, and then posted an incredibly wack reply.  Do an image search for Trump and phone, you have to go out of your way not to find one of him and a phone.  So your editorializing on a 'non-editorial' and then arguing otherwise.  That's just plain unethical journalism.  

This is a pattern on Appleinsider.  What's embarrassing is not what you say about politicians, it's that you even bother with these kinda cheap shots.   If you had kept it dry, you'd have moral authority, but you Mike, chose to play in the political mud, and then cry foul when it's pointed out and blame others for reacting along the same predictable political lines.

I don't even like Trump, I don't vote for your team or the other, not a fan.  But if you're that sensitive and easily triggered when criticized for inserting unnecessary political cheap shots, then maybe you really do need to unwind from the petty politics? It's poisonous to reason and logic, and ultimately your content.  

Honestly all the Mac rumor sites are kinda hack, your's has slightly better formatting to list more articles on the home page.  Slightly quicker to scan the 'Mac news'.  That's your only real advantage, the politics are universally stupid here and elsewhere, but you could be better than that, by keeping your nose clean and spending that wasted energy on upping your quality.

I'm stealing nothing.  You're posting public content, and collecting user meta data without prior consent.  I'm not replacing your ads nor am I reposting it anywhere.  You want to put your content behind a transacation wall, go for it. You want to put your content behind an ad-blocker-blocker, go for it.

I recommended you make an apology if you really wanted  keep the ship shape politically.  I don't care if you apologize or not.  I'd prefer to see Appleinsider focus on meatier content.  That would make your site BETTER than others, ya know... no gristle is better than 'less' gristle?  I recommended an action others could take if Appleinsider wanted to keep up this nonsense. 

Whatever Mike.  If this is how I'm going down, feel pretty good about it.  I've made my case, and gave you some solid constructive criticism.  If the non-partisan guy gets 'punished' because of your Trump slap fight, then there's nothing more offensive that I could ever post about you.

I don't think you actually read or comprehended a word I wrote. 

Whatever, man -- you do what makes you feel better, misinterpret/interpret however you want, and split whatever hairs you see fit.
    edited March 2017 SolijSnively
  • Reply 70 of 74
    spice-boy said:
    Can someone please decipher
    Why not just learn how to read instead? Bold text denotes statements of fact. Italic text denotes logical progressions of said factual statements. Regular text is everything else.

The president made a statement regarding the repeal of legislation.
    An attempt was made by Congress to replace said legislation was tried. Note the different word beginning with the letter ‘R’. This is important for right now.
    Said attempt failed.

Your assumption is that the president’s statement about the repeal of said legislation was a lie because of a single action performed by Congress.

Congress is not the president.
    More than one attempt can be made.
    The president cannot write or unilaterally pass legislation.

Your assumption, therefore, is a logical fallacy. False dilemma, reducto ad absurdum; whatever you want to call it. It’s obscenely obvious to anyone paying the slightest amount of attention. And so you were mocked for it. Just don’t do that.
  • Reply 71 of 74
    I really miss the "real" Tallest Skil, this imposter has not teeth, not a single curse starting with "f". Oh and thanks, I did not know that words or sentences in bold text denotes factual. Ha ha ha..........
    Soli
  • Reply 72 of 74
    spice-boy said:
    Oh and thanks, I did not know that words or sentences in bold text denotes factual. Ha ha ha..........
    Hey, no problem. It has always been that way, after all. Strange that your school didn’t get those textbooks…  ;)
  • Reply 73 of 74
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 433administrator
    1) Editorial's are just that, editorial. If you disagree with Dan's politics or his writing upsets you that much, then either don't read the article, or go somewhere else. Dan is an important and established part of this team, we will continue to publish his work.

2) We have a diverse mix of staffers on the political spectrum here. When we moderate people call us out for having a right-wing bias, when we don't moderate all we get is the right-wing contingent calling us leftist. It's lose-lose. In a way it's healthy because it means we have a good mix in our user base, but at the end of the day we end up being the bad guy to someone. Such is the way of things. We do not moderate on political lines, we moderate according to our guidelines. If you feel something is violating a guideline, and we missed it, then we encourage you to flag it as that brings it to our attention on the backend.

3) We're immediately going back to disabling comments on anything we think will be too political. This was an interesting experiment, but it's now over. I will speak to Neil and Dan about maybe leaving them on for editorial content, but no promises. Haranguing our editorial staff is a great way to make them disengage, and I don't blame a single one of them for taking a look at the comments and walking the other way.

4) I will talk to Neil and Mikey (who wrote this article, not Mike) about the imagery we use. A little levity never hurt anyone, and the overreaction to the picture choice is ... well it's expected, I suppose. I think that is probably a fair criticism.

5) As for my comment about the pictures... I should have ended it with a /s so it was more obvious. It was me poking fun at an all-too-easy target, one who just happens to be the President. Maybe if Clinton somehow falls back into the news cycle I'll even it out with some goofy and creepy pictures of her. In the meantime, here's a stupid gif of Hilary being amazed by balloons.

6) We're not going to print retractions or apologies  for anything, there is nothing to retract. Everything was and is factual inside of the article. It was a pretty dry article.

7) Our coverage will continue as-is. Apple has historically been a very culture-driven company, and we cover that aspect of it as much as we cover their hardware and software offerings. That's a key part of Apple, and it's a key set of information for fans and investors. When it comes down to governmental politics specifically, right now Apple is directly at odds with the administration regarding issues of encryption, privacy, human rights, immigration, manufacturing, the environment, and more. All of that stuff is important to how Apple operates and behaves -- both as a company and as a publicly traded stock.
    Soli
  • Reply 74 of 74
    I'm relieved to hear this. IIRC President Obama was not allowed to use iPhones because his team didn't know how to install extra Blackberry crap on them. At least this way President Trump's phone can't be hacked by rogues. Although, he may still be using others, and I doubt Barron has them all secured