Apple emphasizes again that Touch ID for iPhone X was never an option, company all-in on F...

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    StrangeDays said:
    Your example is a stupid one. Per your example -- what was the public failed trick? Apple said they never even tried putting it under the glass, so it can't be that. Their execs are on record as saying they locked it down a year ago and that's what we have today. As a public corp they can't lie to the public or investors. Are you saying they're lying? Who are you and what are you credentials, so that we may weigh your claims accordingly?
    I guess I also tend to believe it because of Ive's tendency to want to eliminate stuff. So, it makes sense that they probably wanted to go full-screen as soon as possible. They probably have been working with Face ID as long as Touch ID... it's just a question about when it became feasible. I disagree with this move, but it does make sense. I don't really want a full-screen device, as I find some amount of border nice, and I like the actual button as opposed from trying to swipe up from the edge of the physical device. It's more a UI/UX thing for me. IMO, it's a worse design tradeoff they took to get more screen size... and Ive's apparent dream of an ever-'simplified' look.
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 42 of 44
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    Thus, I don't see any downside of FaceID over TouchID being you MUST look at the phone's face anyway to see what is being displayed, at which moment your face unlocks the phone.
    It has the same downsides as touchId only for different (fewer) scenarios.  For example motorcycle helmet vs gloves.

And more of a issue in Asia, masks. Which people wear out of politeness when sick so they don't get others sick.  Or it's just a really smoggy day.

I don't often wear a mask without gloves (respirator when painting or face mask when skiing both has me wearing gloves anyway) so it's a wash for me.  Woodworking and detail sanding might find me in a mask without gloves.
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 43 of 44
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    Of course... there's now way this could be a problem: [sarcasm]
    https://ca.reuters.com/article/businessNews/idCAKBN1D20DZ-OCABS