NAS roundup: Best network attached storage options for Mac, iPhone, and iPad users

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 82
    The first three on this list have poor ratings on Amazon. Usually I won't buy something that has less than 4 stars unless I have some other way of verifying that the item is good quality/value. All of those first three in the list have 3-star ratings. Not very encouraging. I was using an Airport Extreme with a USB hard drive attached for Time Machine backups, but the AE went bad so I'm looking to replace that setup. Looks like the Synology might be the way to go.
  • Reply 82 of 82
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    EddyMac said:
    The first three on this list have poor ratings on Amazon. Usually I won't buy something that has less than 4 stars unless I have some other way of verifying that the item is good quality/value. All of those first three in the list have 3-star ratings. Not very encouraging. I was using an Airport Extreme with a USB hard drive attached for Time Machine backups, but the AE went bad so I'm looking to replace that setup. Looks like the Synology might be the way to go.
    We don't recommend blindly.

That said, my personal favorite for AirPort Extreme added-drive similarity is the Apollo Cloud.
    edited January 2019