Hands on: 44mm Space Gray Apple Watch Series 4

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,038member
    DAT said:
    Did anyone else know that all, including United States, Apple Series 4 watch customers will have to wait for the promised, electrocardiogram/EKG/ECG major enhancements? The function will only be released in a later update, at an unknown date, and is therefore not available to any buyers at the start of the sale.The feature was the most impressive improvement of the Series 4 during the unveiling at the iPhone XS event. It was not mentioned by Apple that these key improvements would not be available to any current buyers, until an unknown future date. The brand new Apple Watch Series 4 does have an improved heart rate monitor. Whenever they decide to enable the functionality, you will receive a notification, from the Apple ECG App, if you suffer from a heart sinus rhythm abnormality or atrial fibrillation. The other missing improvement of the electronic heart sensor is a built-in app to make a heart movie (ECG). To make a heart movie and potentially share it with your physician, users will have to put a finger on the Digital Crown while they are wearing the watch. Then wait 30 seconds and the ECG is ready. So you measure with your watch whether there are abnormalities in your heart rhythm, which is often an important symptom of serious health problems. How did this key feature just disappear and why didn't Apple make this information immediately available to the public? I spoke with an entry level Apple Series 4 Watch support tech today and he told me that Apple decided not to roll out those features in the current Series 4 OS5 Watch, due to problems. The Apple Rep promised to email me web links with this information on the delayed enhancements and I have yet to receive any email, as promised. Bait and Switch? I expected more from Apple. They should have stated this at the 9/12/18 announcements and when we were given a chance to purchase them on 9/14/18. I've had mine less than 24 hours. What other features and enhancements that were promised, are not available?
    1) Everyone else knew because they've stated it very clearly during the event and on their website that it was coming later this year. This isn't unlike some camera functions that Apple didn't have at launch a couple years ago.

2) You saying that Apple didn't tell anyone is bullshit.

3) The ECG app is what will make the ECG monitoring possible. These aren't separate things so it's not TWO things that aren't shipping with the Watch right away… as they clearly stated.

4) Heart movie? WTF is that? I believe they said you can create a PDF of the results to print out or send to your physician.

5) No, you don't wait 30 seconds for the ECG to be ready. It takes 30 seconds of holding your finger on the Digital Crown for the ECG to be complete. I assume they results will be ready very shortly after that, but we'll have to wait until the app finally launches—as Apple stated it would later this year during their event and on their website the day of the event—to know how long it takes to process the data.

6) Why do you keep saying it disappeared? 🤦‍♂️

7) I don't think you talked to a damn person at Apple because they a) they're not trained to tell knuckleheads that an OS has major issues, and b), as previously stated multiple times, Apple told you that the ECG app will launch later this year.

8) Instead of blaming Apple for your inability to pay attention, may you should try to do a modicum of research to check on things yourself. For example, it took me about 30 seconds to find the part of the event where they specifically say that it's coming later this year. At about 26m:49s in the presenter make the statement.

9) Learn to use fucking paragraphs, man!
    fastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 62 of 64
    melgross said:

Soli said:
    Soli said:
    I'm hearing that the Series 4 Watch will now connect to automobile BT for handsfree access and pushing AirPlay audio streams.
    I’ll have to try. Just last week I was trying to connect my Series 3, it was detected but would fail over and over. I tried restarting my Watch, the system in the car, turning off Bluetooth and then back on, etc., and nothing worked. When I actually get out of bed today I’ll give it a shit and report back
    Yep. That's been the issue since Series 0. Almost extra annoying because they see each other, have the right PINs, and so you think everything will pair without incident.

This is another checkbox for me being able to dump my iPhone.
    Just tried, still fails. Right, the pins match and I verify but then I get “Authorization Failed” on my car and the check your connections and try again on the Watch. 

Ah, well, hopefully some day soon. 
    Have any of you guys thought of calling Apple about the problem? When I tried pairing my series 3 last year, I couldn’t do it. I tried over several days. I was going to the Apple Store anyway, so I asked. It turned out that I didn’t completely remove the series 2 from the phone app as I thought I did. My friend, who had bought the series 2 from me couldn’t pair his either until I fixed that rather simple problem. Then all was well.
    Hmm, interesting. I currently have 3 Watches in the app, a Series 0, Series 3 and Series 4. I’m selling the Series 3 but I’ll still have 2 Watches paired. I wonder if that’s a problem. 

I haven’t called Apple. Perhaps I will if removal of the Series 3 doesn’t help. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 63 of 64
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,599member
    melgross said:

Soli said:
    Soli said:
    I'm hearing that the Series 4 Watch will now connect to automobile BT for handsfree access and pushing AirPlay audio streams.
    I’ll have to try. Just last week I was trying to connect my Series 3, it was detected but would fail over and over. I tried restarting my Watch, the system in the car, turning off Bluetooth and then back on, etc., and nothing worked. When I actually get out of bed today I’ll give it a shit and report back
    Yep. That's been the issue since Series 0. Almost extra annoying because they see each other, have the right PINs, and so you think everything will pair without incident.

This is another checkbox for me being able to dump my iPhone.
    Just tried, still fails. Right, the pins match and I verify but then I get “Authorization Failed” on my car and the check your connections and try again on the Watch. 

Ah, well, hopefully some day soon. 
    Have any of you guys thought of calling Apple about the problem? When I tried pairing my series 3 last year, I couldn’t do it. I tried over several days. I was going to the Apple Store anyway, so I asked. It turned out that I didn’t completely remove the series 2 from the phone app as I thought I did. My friend, who had bought the series 2 from me couldn’t pair his either until I fixed that rather simple problem. Then all was well.
    Hmm, interesting. I currently have 3 Watches in the app, a Series 0, Series 3 and Series 4. I’m selling the Series 3 but I’ll still have 2 Watches paired. I wonder if that’s a problem. 

I haven’t called Apple. Perhaps I will if removal of the Series 3 doesn’t help. 
    Good luck.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 64 of 64
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,599member
    I finally got an update on the delivery. Early this morning it went from processing to getting ready for shipping, to shipping.  The new date went from September 28 - October 2, to October 1st. Well, that’s something. Unfortunately, it got to the Chinese FedEx Office after the cutoff for the day. Grr! That probably added a day to the shipping. Well, at least I can have the fun of tracking it.
    edited September 2018 watto_cobra