DVD Copying

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 89
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    [quote]Originally posted by piwozniak:

<strong>Guys, guys...

Why do you like to complicate perfectly simple topic? :-)

If u want to copy dual layer DVD, then u have 3 choices.

1. use forty-two (or ffmpegx, or something else) to to encode ripped dvd as u have to make it small enough to fit on ONE LAYER DVD-R, so if there is 150,000 frames IT TAKES TIME. Live with it or:

2. Use discovobulator (same guys who did forty-two) to make duplicate of the DVD, well not exact duplicate as you will loose menus and special features, etc...

It may fit on one DVD (because u are scrapping special, features, different audio tracks, etc.) or it may require 2 DVDs. There is no re-compressing involved, so it is way faster.

3. There is no #3.

l8tr :-)</strong><hr></blockquote>

i havn't heard of number 2...i would like this i think!
  • Reply 82 of 89
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Me too.

Ast3r3x can I follow your instructions? I used 0Sex to extract the "elemental" stuff from GoldenEye, the AC3 audio and M2V video. This is only 3.5 gigs. If burn this onto DVD with Toast will it play in set top DVD players, PS II, and PC/Mac? For some reason the "elemental" always seems to fit one DVD, and it is only half of the DVD. What is the rest of that stuff? Subtitles and other audio and menus can't take up that much can it?

So should I just go ahead and burn the "elemental" stuff onto DVD in Toast 5.2?

Thanks. I think I've finally got this straightened out, I dont' care about special menus etc. just the movie.
  • Reply 83 of 89
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    [quote]Originally posted by Aquatic:

<strong>Me too.

Ast3r3x can I follow your instructions? I used 0Sex to extract the "elemental" stuff from GoldenEye, the AC3 audio and M2V video. This is only 3.5 gigs. If burn this onto DVD with Toast will it play in set top DVD players, PS II, and PC/Mac? For some reason the "elemental" always seems to fit one DVD, and it is only half of the DVD. What is the rest of that stuff? Subtitles and other audio and menus can't take up that much can it?

So should I just go ahead and burn the "elemental" stuff onto DVD in Toast 5.2?

Thanks. I think I've finally got this straightened out, I dont' care about special menus etc. just the movie.</strong><hr></blockquote>

PC/Mac, most dvd players, not PS2 to my knowledge...unless u have a mod chip

as for being able to figure out my instructions i'd hope so, shouldn't be that hard...if its single layer i'd use disc copy or something
  • Reply 84 of 89
    Thanks for that realtime response Ast3r3x, I am going to try this right here and right now! I'll be right back with the results on PS II, PC, and Mac. Then when I go home I'll test my Sanyo.
  • Reply 85 of 89
    It produced an entirely useless disk, a complete waste of DVD-R. I need a DVD-RW to experiment with! I don't blame you but it just won't play, VLC can open the movie but there's no audio. I suppose I should have "muxed' them somehow? I did what you said Ast3r3x and it definitely did not work. Have you tried it?

Anyone else have a theory on how to get just the movie (no extras, menus, audio junk etc, so it fits on one DVD-R) onto a DVD-R that plays in set tops as well as computers?
  • Reply 86 of 89
    I should've read the DVDBackup Readme it looks like it does just that. I'll try DVDBackup this Friday when I get home.
  • Reply 87 of 89
    OK I found the REAL DEAL. I'll test it in two days when I get ahold of DVD-R.

<a href="http://www.macserialjunkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11519&highlight=audio+hijack+pro"; target="_blank">http://www.macserialjunkie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11519&highlight=audio+hijack+pro</a>;

[quote] Here is a little tutorial I have written with information I have found from various forums and usergroups on how to copy DVDs using a Macintosh computer.

Using the described method below you will be able to copy ANY DVD. Depending on how large the movie is, you may have to split the movie onto two DVD discs. Some Hollywood videos use DVD-9 media which is capable of hold twice as much as a standard DVD-R.

This is a "Basic" tutorial. The only thing you will not be able to copy is the motion menus. The only method I know of for copying the menus is to use Virtual PC and various PC programs. Usually this is too complicated and not worth the time to do anyway.

Remember that it is illegal to rip any DVDs that you do not own. Have Fun!

Take Care,

DigitalMac

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Movies Under 4.3 GBytes

Tools Needed:

0SEx 0.011a1: Download Here

Toast Titanium

1. Insert the movie.

2. Open up 0SEx 0.0110a1.

3. Go to the FMT button and open it.

4. Choose DVD folder. This creates a Video_TS and Audio_TS folder. If the DVD jumps to over 4.3 GBytes when you select DVD Folder you will have to use the next method.

5. Click begin and choose where you would like to save the Video_TS and Audio_TS folder.

6. When done, open Toast Titanium and select "Other" and then select DVD.

7. Create a new folder on your desktop and name it "DVDVOLUME". Drag both the Video_TS and Audio_TS folder inside the DVDVOLUME folder.

8. Drag the DVDVOLUME folder into Toast and name your DVD.

9. Burn Baby Burn!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Movies Over 4.3 GBytes

Tools Needed:

0SEx 0.011a1: Download Here

DVD Studio Pro

Toast Titanium

1. Insert the movie.

2. Open up 0SEx 0.0110a1.

3. Go to the FMT button and open it. Select Elem.Streams. This will create AC3 and MV2 files.

4. Now go to the Aud button and open. Uncheck all but the first choice.

5. Now go to the Sub button and open. Uncheck all.

6. If the DVD is less than 4.3 GBytes skip the next step.

7. Now go to the Ch button and open. Here you will see all the chapters. Starting from the bottom, uncheck chapters until you are left with 4.3 GBytes or less.

8. Click begin and choose a folder where you would like to save the AC3 and MV2 files.

9. Open DVD Studio Pro. Go to Files and choose import. Navigate to your AC3 and MV2 files and import them.

10. Once imported, click on the Add Track button. This will open up a small green window. Drag your AC3 and MV2 files onto the small green window.

11. Where is says "untitled" click there and name the movie.

12. Now double click outside the track (somewhere in the gray area). Go to the upper right hand corner of the screen and look for "Disc". To the right of NAME, click and name the movie.

13. Now go down to the "Startup Action" field. Click and choose the name of your video which you named earlier.

14. Now to Files and choose "Build Disc."

15. When done, create a new folder on your desktop and name it "DVDVOLUME". Drag both the Video_TS and Audio_TS folder inside the DVDVOLUME folder.

16. Drag the DVDVOLUME folder into Toast and name your DVD.

17. Burn Baby Burn!

18. If you did step number 7. go back to 0SEx and choose the remaining chapters for the last half of the movie and repeat process.

<hr></blockquote>
  • Reply 88 of 89
    Sorry to beat a dead horse, guys! But I have one question:

Does anyone here own DiscomVOBulator? If so does it make movies like GoldenEye which are dual layered 7 giggers fit on one DVD? Because the actual movie is only around 3 gigs (that is, the elemental stuff from OSex).

if anyone owns DiscomVOBulator/DiscomVOBulatorPlus (difference?) can you please PM me?

I just want the movie not the extras, and every DVD can fit onto one DVD without the extras except LOTR which of course I own.

So DiscomVOBulator looks like it is it. OSex can do it but I don't know why but it won't work I've made two coasters already since the PB can't do the DVD-RW trick apparently. I tried putting all the Progressive VOB's in a "VIDEO_TS" folder but DVD player wouldn't recognize it, though VLC would when i selected "Video_ts folder" but I had to manually open each VOB snippet, one after another. How is a DVD layed out? I know it's just a matter of me putting things in the right folder and naming the folder right. DiscomVOBulator looks like it will do this for me hopefully. ARGH! I copied The Game successfully since it had no special crap and the whole image was 3.2 gigs. That was cool, good movie, I recommend it.

well I guess I had a few questions.. But all I really need is DiscomVOBulator however the demo version is useless only burning 5 chapters so I don't know if it will work! Great "try before you buy.." especially for opensource software.
  • Reply 89 of 89
    synoticsynotic Posts: 151member
    When I want to just make an iMovie, I'll encode it using 3ivx and then burn it as a VCD... Which works great in a DVD player. Now if a 3ivx file, how can I burn a VDVD (so to speak). In Toast there is a DVD option, but I am pretty sure that's just data. I'll have a data DVD with a movie file on it, unreadable by any DVD players. Any ideas? Thanks