Quote:

Originally posted by PowerMatt

ENJOY (hope you don't have dial-up

PowerMac QuickSilver 733MHz

PowerBook Aluminum 1.25

HP Jornada 548

Ritz Bits Graham Cracker Smores

Lemonade

Woah... wait... is that a 12" Powerbook? Why are the ports on the opposite side? Imust be seeing things!
  • Reply 502 of 627
    Quote:

Originally posted by trebuchet

Woah... wait... is that a 12" Powerbook? Why are the ports on the opposite side? Imust be seeing things!

the 15" really does look small until you open it up... then it is huge... that is a 15"
  • Reply 503 of 627
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by \\/\\/ickes

murbot,

That iMac... new, used, "new-to-you", or referb?

just wondering...

Sorry man, I missed this question. I picked it up as a refurb, with a one year warranty. Had the hard drive replaced right away under warranty, but it's solid now. Runs Panther pretty nicely.
  • Reply 504 of 627
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
  • Reply 505 of 627
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Sorry man, I missed this question. I picked it up as a refurb, with a one year warranty. Had the hard drive replaced right away under warranty, but it's solid now. Runs Panther pretty nicely.

Ohh... ok.

I hear you switch Macs often. Any thoughts on your next pick?

I would not mind picking up a iBook G4. They have a sort of "fun" look to them... I like the new colour layout.

• Reply 506 of 627
    Oh I don't know, I kind of have my eye on a G5.

Here's a SCARY new setup pic (unti the pumpkin goes to the front step tomorrow night):

• Reply 507 of 627
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Murbot, I can't believe you are still holding that iMac
  • Reply 508 of 627
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

My new set-up

you got it!!!! pscates doin it big ... is that the 15 inch or 17? that a gibson ????
  • Reply 509 of 627
    pscates. Nice 15" PB

By the way....you are such a tangerine freak
  • Reply 510 of 627
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

My new set-up

Congratulations on your new 15-inch PowerBook, pscates! You are now officially mobile. The 15-inch model was definitely the right choice for you.

As for myself, I just set up my new ViewSonic VP171b 17" ThinEdge LCD display a few hours ago. It has three inputs, two analog and one digital. Currently, I have an old Pentium 2 and my iBook connected to the analog ports. But this LCD is begging to get hooked up to a new 12-inch PowerBook via DVI.

I'm finally heading out to my local Apple Store Saturday afternoon to check out the new PowerBooks and the iBook G4. But my purchase will have to wait a few more weeks for budget reasons.

Good luck with the new PowerBook! I'm proud of you.

Escher
  • Reply 511 of 627
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Thanks. Yes it's the 15" SuperDrive model (1.25GHz, 512MB RAM, etc.).

Also, that set-up is in actual construction/transition phase. It's a bit bare, I realize. In about two weeks, there's going to be an AirPort Extreme Base Station sitting on that little raised platform and there will be a mouse and JBL Creature speakers thrown into the mix. And all the cables will be routed through a little "cable organizer" hose thing I bought. And the whole "leaning forward/reaching up to type" thing is getting a bit old already, so I could also see myself getting an external keyboard AND a riser of some sort to make it all a bit more comfortable.

I'll post an updated pic in 2-3 weeks.

And that's a Gibson J-45 in the case. My constant companion. If my house ever caught on fire, I'd make damn sure I at least got the PowerBook and the Gibson out.

Everything else could be replaced with a 3-hour Target/Old Navy trip...

This is the guitar I have, looks exactly like the pic EXCEPT the tuning keys are the larger pearl trapezoid style (not the little oval buttons shown in the photo).

And yes...it sounds amazing.
  • Reply 512 of 627
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    A bit late to the thread and using the awesome power of the T610's camera, I bring you my slightly minimalist desk:

I could do with a real digital camera.

First revision 12" PowerBook: 867MHz, 640MB RAM, 60GB hard disk, Superdrive, Airport Extreme. It's probably not visible, but there's a note stuffed under the back left hand corner because it's missing a foot. Any idea where you can get replacements ?

Other items: CamelBack, pile o' change and a Gameboy Advance.

The 19" montior (LaCie Electron Blue) is on its way, as is my trusty x86 PC. The desk is from Ikea (where my landlord appears to have bought all of the furnshings in the house).
  • Reply 513 of 627

Dual 2ghz G5, 15inch Samsung LCD (until I get the 20inch Apple one), orginal 5GB iPod.
  • Reply 514 of 627
    Nice desk, Nice tower, good printer, good scanner, crappy monitor

Sorry
  • Reply 515 of 627
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    ask at an apple store about feet. i think they actually have them on hand. i've gotten replacements for free.
  • Reply 516 of 627
    fred_ljfred_lj Posts: 607member
    realized I've never posted my own setup...have really enjoyed seeing everybody else's!! Some of you are so clean...I guess I've developed a clutter complex over the last few years.

Maybe eventually I'll drag out our old 128k Mac and the Mac Classic and the (broken) Performa 6400 and my brother's Pismo and our G3 downstairs and put all of our Macs together for a family picture! My poor dad....I'd hate to think how much he's spent on Macs over the past twenty years...heh (although I did buy my PowerBook/digicam and iPod).

• Reply 517 of 627
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

Nice desk, Nice tower, good printer, good scanner, crappy monitor

Sorry

To quote a line someone used in the PowerMac picture thread at MacNN:

"You're breaking the law with that monitor."

However, this other one was way worse. Like a 8 year old bottom of the line CRT with a duallie:

Dude seriously needs to re-evaluate his choice in displays. If you look close enough, you can see the G5 weeping.
  • Reply 518 of 627
    bspearsbspears Posts: 147member
    DP 450 in desk.

bob
  • Reply 519 of 627
    Just a little FYI

The prophecy of Murbot's new setup is true!
  • Reply 520 of 627
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

[B][SIZE=1]

The prophercy of Murbot's new setup is true!

What prophecy?