Pic of computer setup - 2003

Comments

• Reply 561 of 627
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    What FW enclosures are those Leonis? They look sharp.
  • Reply 562 of 627
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

What FW enclosures are those Leonis? They look sharp.

Honestly I don't know. I don't see any brands on the retail box
  • Reply 563 of 627
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

Honestly I don't know. I don't see any brands on the retail box

they look to be fantom drive enclosures.
  • Reply 564 of 627
    this is the image of the USB 2 and firewire case on my tower

I just bought those cases and put in the CD writer and HD.

Got the FW case (with Oxford 911 chip) for $70 CDN and the USB 2.0 case for $50 CDN (from a clearance sale)
  • Reply 565 of 627
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    I have not checked out this thread in quite a while. Now, finally, seeing all those G5s in actual computer set ups I have to pronounce on something on which I was undecided for some time. Looking at G5s against all those other beautiful Apple products, I have to say that the G5 is....plug ugly.

Sorry, but it just looks like a "machine". I still want one, but I think that if and when I buy one I will try to find a way to hide it.
  • Reply 566 of 627

Sorry about the pic quality. I can't find my digital camera and I had to use my phone. I just wanted to get a picture of my relatively clean desk.

You see minnie - a 12" powerbook (867 model) - my cordless Mx Duo, 17" crappy dell monitor that I got for free, my Creative i-trigue speakers all on my Jerker computer desk from IKEA. You can't see my iPAQ (just above and to the left of the right light) and my Sandisk 6 in 1 flash card reader. Above that is my little used HP 932c and my Snow ABS.
  • Reply 567 of 627
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chinney

Looking at G5s against all those other beautiful Apple products, I have to say that the G5 is....plug ugly.

Sorry, but it just looks like a "machine".

I'd have to agree with you to some point. I'm thinking I'll never like the design (pero sÃ* para los innards). Either in pictures or in real life, it looks so rigid and cornery. And then those inelegant handles. I don't share Apple's passion for the 'new' design. Again, not to say that it is not one kickass machine. Also. I have been stating my discontent with a design to find that I got used to it to the point that I actually liked it. As with the Titanium Powerbooks.
  • Reply 568 of 627
    Leonis, what do you think of the TDK speakers that are on your desk? How good do they sound in comparison to similar systems?

Also, how do the JBL Creatures sound, if anyone knows?
  • Reply 569 of 627
    They are okay if you aren't super picky
  • Reply 570 of 627
    After getting used to the heavy bass from the iSub I find this speaker set doesn't have "enough" bass.....
  • Reply 571 of 627
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Those drive enclosures are listed as a "Generic" brand at NewEgg. Some friends of mine bought them. It's $31 there for a USB 2.0 one, $40 for a Firewire one, and $50 for a USB 2.0/Firewire combo one.
  • Reply 572 of 627
    Here's my setup. The pictures aren't that great because i used a Sony Ericsson T610 to take em.

Here's what my computer desk looks like from the side. Although you can't see it, the view outside of my window is of Darrel K. Royal Stadium (Texas Longhorn Football's Home Turf)

Here is my computer desk.

Here is my iBook 700Mhz sitting on the homemade laptop stand The speakers are Yamahas and if you look at the picture above you can see the sub under the i320.
  • Reply 573 of 627
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shatteringglass

Leonis, what do you think of the TDK speakers that are on your desk? How good do they sound in comparison to similar systems?

Also, how do the JBL Creatures sound, if anyone knows?

They kick a whole truckload of ass. I love them for watching DVDs and playing music/UT2k3. Great bass, nice treble. They aren't very loud, though. I'm sure they're loud enough for most people (myself included), but don't expect 500 watts. They are loud for their size, though.

As you can see by my compsetup photo, I have some. I bought them off provantage.com for under $95. ( including shipping) They're well worth it.
  • Reply 574 of 627
    lainlain Posts: 140member
    I might be unlucky - but from personal experience. Ive had 4 pieces of JBL brand equipment, all of them faulty within 1 week. I would not touch anything with a JBL logo on it. But hey... thats just me!
  • Reply 575 of 627
    Here is my desktop. It's very cluttered, but still awesome. The computer that is active in this photo is the Cube, not the tower on top of the desk. I have the iSub under the desk, and the cube is sitting on a Dat Optic 24x Firewire CD-RW drive. You can see my cable modem to the left of the Cube. I have a griffin power mate, and an apple pro keyboard/mouse, and a sweet purple mouse pad from Comp USA, where I bought my Performa 6400, which is in the second picture. And yes, you are seeing things correclty, I do have a picture of a Cube hanging on my wall. Enjoy!

Note: My desk is now clean.

Edit: I'm retarded and forgot how to post images for a second.
  • Reply 576 of 627
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Not a new computer, just a revamped work area.

867MHz G4 PowerBook on the metal stand, with the infamous 5GB FireFly FW drive underneath, along with a stack of CD-Rs. SoundSticks up top, sub down under the desk.

Nothing like a $15 metal stand to make an old laptop feel new again.

• Reply 577 of 627
    niconico Posts: 50member
    Where you bought it ?

thanks

Nico
  • Reply 578 of 627
    Mr Murbot Crannky

I thought your PB has been gone looooong time ago?

Where's your tower?
  • Reply 579 of 627
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nico

Where you bought it ?

thanks

Nico

It's by Allsop, you can see it here.

I'm surprised to see they're that much though - I paid $15 CDN for mine, along with a little metal mouse pad at Costco.
  • Reply 580 of 627
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

The SoundSticks are going strong too.

SS's bass is too weak