The TextBlade keyboard is superb, but you'll have to be patient

Comments

• Reply 1121 of 1615
    If I was security responsible somewhere I would worry more about USB access than BT.

https://www.howtogeek.com/203061/don’t-panic-but-all-usb-devices-have-a-massive-security-problem/amp/

I know old versions of BT doesn't have proper encryption and there are lots of proprietary wireless keyboards without proper encryption, but from my understanding BT/BLE 4+ shall be ok in this regard though.

There could be other safety concerns though such as radio interference on specific frequencies.

Well this is just opinions and doesn't help if BT is restricted. I do not see the need for a wired-only TB though as long as it is possible to ensure that BT is off and wired is on in the right mode.
  • Reply 1122 of 1615
    alexonlinealexonline Posts: 241member
    Oh, an I forgot to add:
    Your public communication and website information are ways to communicate and inform that subset of your customers who don’t have a TextBlade. You already have channels and methods for communicating internally and with the testers who have one. Using those two groups (internal company and TREG) as your perspective when communicating to everyone who does not have a TextBlade yet might be one of the reasons you are so... umm... “misunderstood”...

You need to get a little better (and everyone can “be better”...) at placing yourself in the shoes of someone who doesn’t have their TextBlade yet when talking to those people. That is not an easy thing to do, which is why I’d humbly suggest employing a public relations officer who has expertise is this sort of thing...
    Proper PR should have been the case since day 1, probably too expensive to get one now, there are hundreds of Tregustomers to upgrade and thousands of non-Treggers who actually need to receive some hardware first. 

Spending good money on PR which MT will micromanage into a resignation anyway is simply no longer a good use of time or money when there are no GR shipments of TextBlades. 

I hope TBD is wrong in his guesstimatory assertions but with MK refusing to get useful, verifiable, timely info to anyone beyond Treggers... we just have to pray TBD is wrong and that DBK’s faith has been worth the belief. 

May God help MK, because it seems there’s no-one else left. 
  • Reply 1123 of 1615
    weirdosmurfweirdosmurf Posts: 101member
    I have plenty of doubts about their ability to successfully do any number of things; PR being one of them, but I hope they succeed. I dearly would like delivery of my order plus a pleasant and trusting relationship with the vendor (not to mention a nice “free gift” - whatever that may be...), but Waytools definitely don’t seem to do things in any... conventional way... they don’t make trust easy... in fact they make trust an almost religious level concept (to anyone outside “the trusted few”, this object is of unicorn-like proportions... I’ve flagged my interest in joining TREG for years now, but since I’m not gushing all over Mark and Waytools, I have very little “faith” that’ll ever happen ;) ... I might be the world’s greatest beta-tester, but who’d ever know since Waytools are very thin-skinned to criticism and suggestions... not even dabigkahuna seems to be able to get through to them on points round regular public information sharing to customers...)

I’ve learned not to hold my breath... I’ve also learned they do not take kindly to any advice, no matter how sensible, if it doesn’t fit with their image of self-awesomeness... (maybe the Elon Musk analogy is applicable in this case... Elon doesn’t take kindly to anyone suggesting he’s anything less that the second coming and lashes out at any perceived criticism no matter how constructive it may be; he simply cannot be told.... and we’re seeing Elon in all sorts of trouble with regulators, foreign courts, defamation cases at the moment as a result of his childlike level of brittle ego and poor impulse control... the board has had to clip his wings to stop his self destructive tendencies...)
  • Reply 1124 of 1615
    I have plenty of doubts about their ability to successfully do any number of things; PR being one of them, but I hope they succeed. I dearly would like delivery of my order plus a pleasant and trusting relationship with the vendor (not to mention a nice “free gift” - whatever that may be...), but Waytools definitely don’t seem to do things in any... conventional way... they don’t make trust easy... in fact they make trust an almost religious level concept (to anyone outside “the trusted few”, this object is of unicorn-like proportions... I’ve flagged my interest in joining TREG for years now, but since I’m not gushing all over Mark and Waytools, I have very little “faith” that’ll ever happen ;) ... I might be the world’s greatest beta-tester, but who’d ever know since Waytools are very thin-skinned to criticism and suggestions... not even dabigkahuna seems to be able to get through to them on points round regular public information sharing to customers...)

I’ve learned not to hold my breath... I’ve also learned they do not take kindly to any advice, no matter how sensible, if it doesn’t fit with their image of self-awesomeness... (maybe the Elon Musk analogy is applicable in this case... Elon doesn’t take kindly to anyone suggesting he’s anything less that the second coming and lashes out at any perceived criticism no matter how constructive it may be; he simply cannot be told.... and we’re seeing Elon in all sorts of trouble with regulators, foreign courts, defamation cases at the moment as a result of his childlike level of brittle ego and poor impulse control... the board has had to clip his wings to stop his self destructive tendencies...)
    Neither Mark nor Elon are the Messiah. They're just very naughty boys. 

Oddly when I mistyped "naughty" it oddly autocorrected to Naughton... Most appropriate. I changed it back though
  • Reply 1125 of 1615
    weirdosmurfweirdosmurf Posts: 101member
    Neither Mark nor Elon are the Messiah. They're just very naughty boys. 

Oddly when I mistyped "naughty" it oddly autocorrected to Naughton... Most appropriate. I changed it back though
    Lol...!
    alexonline
  • Reply 1126 of 1615
    I hope TBD is wrong in his guesstimatory assertions but with MK refusing to get useful, verifiable, timely info to anyone beyond Treggers... we just have to pray TBD is wrong and that DBK’s faith has been worth the belief. 
    I am not wrong, but only time is going to convince you (and everyone) of the truth. It is remarkable though, how long people are willing to go on being deceived and clinging to a little bit of hope. All Mark has to do is say 'next week' 'next month' 'next fall', and he says it in a way that lacks any credibility, but still for some reason people are willing to believe there is a little chance he is telling the truth, despite 4+ years of these assertions being provably false. Gaslighting. Powerful stuff.

What is happening here is not just incompetence. Mark Knighton is lying about why the product has not been released. There will never be a Textblade 'general release'.
    alexonline
  • Reply 1127 of 1615
    I am not wrong, but only time is going to convince you (and everyone) of the truth. It is remarkable though, how long people are willing to go on being deceived and clinging to a little bit of hope. All Mark has to do is say 'next week' 'next month' 'next fall', and he says it in a way that lacks any credibility, but still for some reason people are willing to believe there is a little chance he is telling the truth, despite 4+ years of these assertions being provably false. Gaslighting. Powerful stuff.

What is happening here is not just incompetence. Mark Knighton is lying about why the product has not been released. There will never be a Textblade 'general release'.
    Well I stopped believing the BS two years ago and got a refund, while you haven't claimed a refund yet... Hahaha :-)

Still willing to give "Naughton" the benefit of the doubt but my refund has been processed long, long ago. 
  • Reply 1128 of 1615

Well I stopped believing the BS two years ago and got a refund, while you haven't claimed a refund yet... Hahaha :-)
    Still willing to give "Naughton" the benefit of the doubt but my refund has been processed long, long ago. 
    I wrote off the purchase price long ago. Not benefit of doubt. Preserving my claim on original terms. Life is going to be hard for Mark Knighton. Wait and see.

alexonline
  • Reply 1129 of 1615

I wrote off the purchase price long ago. Not benefit of doubt. Preserving my claim on original terms. Life is going to be hard for Mark Knighton. Wait and see.

I dub thee the justice seeking Captain of the Avengers - sounds like MK needs to be wary of the Endgame :-)
    idea2go_twitter
  • Reply 1130 of 1615
    arkorottarkorott Posts: 100member
    @dabigkahuna & @WayTools_Support ;

Well, fine, our orders were not "fulfilled". But we were shipped a TextBlade and we are customers

It is exactly that, what I meant when I said mentioning repeatedly "shipped to paying customers" is a twisted technicality borderline falsehood.
    If you had shipped, everyone would be asking "where is mine? I have not received anything".

a) Nobody's orders got fulfilled so far.

b) TREG people received a TEST UNIT which they do NOT OWN, cannot resell it or give away, under NDA, and with expiry date soft.

So technically yes, they are customers because they placed a (
    still unfulfilled) order, and yes they got shipped a test unit,
    BUT NO, WT has not shipped to "paying" customers.

It would be more honest to say: 

After 4+ years all our paid customers are empty handed. Only a small subset of "hundreds" of testers have received a test unit.
    We still have no clue when we will fulfill our end of the bargain and ship the orders to customers.

It is understandable you would not want to look that bad, so AT LEAST stop repeating over and over that misleading assertion because it is a lie, and makes your customers angry.
    edited May 2019 alexonline
  • Reply 1131 of 1615
    arkorott said:
    It is understandable you would not want to look that bad, so AT LEAST stop repeating over and over that misleading assertion because it is a lie, and makes your customers angry.
    With all sincerity, are you crazy? Have you not observed how Mark Knight (Waytools_Support) communicates with people here and elsewhere? Can you think of any reputable CEO or business owner or professional who would behave and communicate in the same manner?

Mark Knighton is not a man who cares about his image or reputation. His thought patterns present a mind similar to that of a criminal, a scam artist, a manipulator, and a liar.

alexonline
  • Reply 1132 of 1615
    RolanbekRolanbek Posts: 81member
    Arkorott, I think I touched on this in post 549. Ah, way back there lost in the mists of time, or about 500 comments ago in response to Waytools_support's previous assertion. 

They can say they have shipped to customers, if they posted a 4 page single fold  brochure for each preorder customer in response to order this would also be be true. So the assertion has a ludicrously low bar to pass. So low as to be almost meaningless.

I can also say that "no product has shipped" as no product exists, the product being unfinished. They can faff around talking about production moulds as long as they like, but until they finish the actual product and  retention of title is relinquished, they have hoofed a bunch of prototypes out to volunteers. 

A great deal of the verbiage from WT is vapid, pretentious, puff. Utterly devoid of meaning and lacking in any actual communication. 

I would love to know whether Waytools next update will arrived before 2019-06-21 or not. I have asked a couple of times before, but the only responses seem to be about where the update might be posted. I would like to know whether the update will be posted in the timescale I specified, a simple one month window into the future. 

Now, it seems to me that a company might know whether they are going post a update in the next month or not. I can not fathom any circumstance why they would not know. 

R

• Reply 1133 of 1615
    dabigkahunadabigkahuna Posts: 465member
    arkorott said:
    @dabigkahuna & @WayTools_Support ;

It is exactly that, what I meant when I said mentioning repeatedly "shipped to paying customers" is a twisted technicality borderline falsehood.
    It works both ways. For example, you refer to test units. Some use a slightly stronger “beta unit” and some go all the way to “prototype”. All these carry their own misleading implications. 

Because they each, in varying degrees, make it look like the device is not complete in key ways. But like the “shipping to customers” can be looked at as true but also not what most people would think of when hearing that phrase, the same applies to this. 

I dont know what changes may come, but at the moment the only reason I know that we don’t have our final units is because of the paint on the blades. They have said that will be improved but they haven’t spent the money to make new batches yet, just in case some other issue may come up. So, if that is the only hardware “change” to be made, then we calling them something like test units or prototypes is also misleading. 

That leaves us with the firmware, which they said is good enough for shipping (only the lack of free memory to make future fixes or new stuff is holding things back.

So, yes, changes are coming, but these are not exactly what most people think of when they hear “test units” and certainly not “prototypes!

People just using terms to promote their personal view. 
  • Reply 1134 of 1615
    dabigkahuna said:

...People just using terms to promote their personal view. 
    My understanding is that it is acknowledged by all parties that objectively, final production units ("General Release") have not yet been sent to anyone. On that basis the only possible reason to claim that "units have shipped to customers" is to attempt to obfuscate.

Seems to me the only people trying to promote their personal view are WT and, possibly, DBK.
    alexonline
  • Reply 1135 of 1615
    dabigkahunadabigkahuna Posts: 465member
    dabigkahuna said:

My understanding is that it is acknowledged by all parties that objectively, final production units ("General Release") have not yet been sent to anyone. On that basis the only possible reason to claim that "units have shipped to customers" is to attempt to obfuscate.

Seems to me the only people trying to promote their personal view are WT and, possibly, DBK.
    So you think using terms like “prototype” isn’t misleading?

btw, at certain times, if the units we had turned out to be satisfactory, those would have been our final units. It is only because of the paint that we know these won’t be. 
  • Reply 1136 of 1615
    arkorottarkorott Posts: 100member
    @dabigkahuna ;
    It works both ways. For example, you refer to test units. Some use a slightly stronger “beta unit” and some go all the way to “prototype”.

No, it doesn't work both ways. Let's not get into semantics or particulars on if the test units are prototypes or from production runs. WT already clarified they are from a production run.

The point is that regardless they are from a production run, the units they sent treggers are TEST units sent to a limited number of people in the TEST RELEASE GROUP for the purpose of TESTING, under NDA, with soft with expiry date, you are not free to sell or give away them (you do not really own them).

So the fact that this group previously placed a yet unfulfilled order, this does not even come close to "shipping to paying customers".

It gets repeated over and over and it is simply not true. It is how a nasty used car sales salesman would twist facts to you and MISLEAD you. 
    Somebody that does not read everything and only skims through this comments section / WTF and WT availability page seems to think that WT is/has already shipping orders and it is not true.

Many have already pointed this out repeatedly. This is not about putting WT down. It is about clarifying something that is not true, no matter how much WT wants to position themselves. For whatever (valid) reason the launch and release has been postponed 4+ years.
    Just own it. No lies needed.

edit: if that is not the case why has only a few people received theirs and many others did not ? What is the criteria for shipping orders out of order ? I am sure there would even be legal claims to be made if that was the case.

I will now go back into wait mode for the promised update and then ask questions for clarification as needed.

edited May 2019 alexonline
  • Reply 1137 of 1615
    dabigkahuna said:

So you think using terms like “prototype” isn’t misleading?

btw, at certain times, if the units we had turned out to be satisfactory, those would have been our final units. It is only because of the paint that we know these won’t be. 
    Wikipedia (not exactly the perfect definition source, but acceptable) defines the term prototype as; 

prototype is an early sample, model, or release of a product built to test a concept or process or to act as a thing to be replicated or learned from.

That sounds a lot like what’s happening with the units TREG [you] have to me... I don’t see any obfuscation or misrepresentation by using that term. I certainly think it’s unusual for a developer to still be in the testing and prototyping phase of their project 4+ years on from having announced release was imminent, but... well... we can’t avoid reality on that point. Even if there are reasons to still be in the development, iterative, prototyping, testing phase - that’s still what it is...
    alexonlinearkorott
  • Reply 1138 of 1615
    Do you know how we’ll know with great confidence we’re seeing the production units being used by TREG members? It’ll be when production units have actually been released to customers in General Release; until then it’s a moot point...
    alexonlinearkorott
  • Reply 1139 of 1615
    arkorott said:

WT already clarified they are from a production run.

The point is that regardless they are from a production run, the units they sent treggers are TEST units sent to a limited number of people in the TEST RELEASE GROUP for the purpose of TESTING, under NDA, with soft with expiry date, you are not free to sell or give away them (you do not really own them).

Many have already pointed this out repeatedly. This is not about putting WT down. It is about clarifying something that is not true, no matter how much WT wants to position themselves.
    Yes, they have said they are from production runs. That was established long ago. Yet people keep calling them beta, prototypes, etc.

And for most of Treg, units we were sent were expected to be our personal units - it is only once they decided to change the paint that we knew whatever we got would not be our final units until the new paint was included. That is only a portion of how long Treg has lasted. Heck, for all we know they may simply send new caps to install ourselves, which would make all we have now, except for the caps, our final units.

I think a lot of it is about putting WT down, especially when "prototype" is used.

prototype is an early sample, model, or release of a product built to test a concept or process or to act as a thing to be replicated or learned from.

That sounds a lot like what’s happening with the units TREG [you] have to me
    Or the Cambridge dictionary definition: "the original model of something from which later forms are developed"

But either way, we don't have early versions.
  • Reply 1140 of 1615

But either way, we don't have early versions.
    In the Treg of War, truth is the first casualty...
    edited May 2019
This discussion has been closed.