Apple debuts iPhone 11 Pro from $999 with triple rear camera

1234579

Comments

  • Reply 121 of 168
    You get an evolution [revolution by any other vendor] of the guts and structure and much more with the iPhone 11 series [I'm going to get the MAX and let my 8 PLUS be a back up] upgrade and yet it is quite clear if you have a Developer subscription and checking out the hardware that this phone and watch hands down are miles ahead of their respective competition.

    The software coming for the 11 Pro line to truly leverage the film making capabilities w/o breaking the bank is limited only by the limited imagination of the simpletons who still rave about my former boss, Steve Jobs, as if he would have offered something beyond the Moon today, when he would have just delivered the same products with more polish in the Keynote address.
    LMAO! Steve Jobs wouldn't have even let the notch at the top of the phone occur! 
  • Reply 122 of 168
    JMCKEVER said:
    Apple has unveiled its 2019 refresh of the OLED-based iPhone models, with the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max an extra rear camera, and extended battery life.




    Fundamentally similar to the 2018 iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max, the iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max were revealed at Apple's "By innovation only" event at the Steve Jobs Theater on Tuesday. Equipped with new Super Retina XDR 5.8-inch and 6.5-inch OLED displays, the new models might look similar to their predecessors, but add significant speed improvements and new functions like novel camera capabilities.

    The new triple-camera system brings the expected Ultra Wide, Wide and Telephoto lenses. The Ultra Wide camera captures four times more scene, while the new Wide sensor comes with 100 percent Focus Pixels to enable a Night mode. Together with the software in iOS 13, Night mode greatly improves photos shot in both indoor and outdoor low-light situations.

    All three cameras record 4K video at 60 frames per second with what Apple claims is an extended dynamic range and with cinematic video stablization for action videos.

    When users switch between the different lenses, the iPhone 11 Pro models have an Audio Zoom feature that matches the audio to the current video framing. The iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max also add a new spatial audio feature offering Dolby Atmos and surround sound.

    New color finishes for the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max
    New color finishes for the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max


    Alongside automatic features such as this, the Photos app in iOS 13 has gained video editing tools to allow rotation, cropping, filters and exposure controls at a touch.

    Apple has also improved the battery life of both its iPhone 11 Pro models.

    "We are so excited to tell you that with iPhone 11 Pro you get four hours longer in your day," said Phil Schiller. "With iPhone 11 Pro Max, you get up to five hours longer."

    As predicted, the iPhone 11 Pro models retain the Lightning connector but Apple is providing the 18W USB-C charger for faster charging. Qi charging remains.

    The new Super Retina XDR display is a custom-designed OLED one with up to 1,200 nits brightness, wide color support, system-wide color management and True Tone. It provides a two million-to-one contrast ratio and is more power efficient than its predecessor in the 2018 iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max.

    Schiller also presented what he called a sneak peek of Deep Fusion, a feature that is going to be added to the iPhone 11 Pro with a software update later in this fall.

    It uses the neural engine of the A13 Bionic processor and machine learning. When you press the shutter button, the camera has already taken four shots and it then takes four more afterwards. The iPhone then analyses 24 million pixels across all these images to optimize for detail and low noise.

    "This is the first time a neural engine has been responsible for generating the output image," he said.

    The iPhone 11 Pro has the familiar 5.8-inch 2436-by-1125 pixel resolution display, with the Pro Max bumping it up to a 6.5-inch 2688-by-1242 resolution version, with both having an identical pixel density of 458 pixels per inch, with a 2,000,000 to 1 contrast ratio.

    Inside both models is the 64-bit A13 Bionic processor, a 7-nanometer chip. For this year's iteration, the A13 has a quad-core GPU and a 6-core CPU, with each offering performance improvements of approximately 20 percent over last year's release, the A12.

    New Night Mode on iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max
    New Night Mode on iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max


    Due to the use of an extra camera, the camera bump on the back has been given a makeover, with it taking a square formation to accommodate the additional sensor and lens. The bump is wider than in previous versions, meaning those upgrading from the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max will be forced to acquire a new case at the very least.

    On the front is the TrueDepth Camera array, which is used to power Face ID. The sensor has been upgraded to take 12-megapixel images, as well as providing Portrait Lighting effects including bokeh and depth control, smart HDR, and Animoji and Memoji support.

    Both the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max will come in silver, gold, space gray and new midnight green finishes. Regardless of finish, the iPhone 11 Pro will retail from $999, and the iPhone 11 Pro Max begins at $1,099. The phones will ship September 20.
    64gb base in 2019 😂😂😂are you freaking kidding me , I’ll pass on this phone 
    Because $7/month on a 2 year plan is just breaking the bank, right? Go drown yourself in booze.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 123 of 168
    dicebier1 said:
    Pretty much expected this.... nothing exciting......sort of like a lame duck year until 5G arrives.
    Will keep my iPhone XS Max for another year.
    If you're expecting annual upgrades to be riveting you'll likely be disappointed for life. Normal people don't upgrade every year, so it's no surprise the updates are the usual 50% processor improvements, camera improvements, etc. You just got an awesome phone last year, so no tears for you.

    5G, when it arrives, just means faster loading web pages when not on wifi. Big whoop.
    5G will probably be 2020 so by the time Apple car arrives in 2021 Apple can work out all the bugs 
  • Reply 124 of 168
    JMCKEVER said:
    Apple has unveiled its 2019 refresh of the OLED-based iPhone models, with the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max an extra rear camera, and extended battery life.




    Fundamentally similar to the 2018 iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max, the iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max were revealed at Apple's "By innovation only" event at the Steve Jobs Theater on Tuesday. Equipped with new Super Retina XDR 5.8-inch and 6.5-inch OLED displays, the new models might look similar to their predecessors, but add significant speed improvements and new functions like novel camera capabilities.

    The new triple-camera system brings the expected Ultra Wide, Wide and Telephoto lenses. The Ultra Wide camera captures four times more scene, while the new Wide sensor comes with 100 percent Focus Pixels to enable a Night mode. Together with the software in iOS 13, Night mode greatly improves photos shot in both indoor and outdoor low-light situations.

    All three cameras record 4K video at 60 frames per second with what Apple claims is an extended dynamic range and with cinematic video stablization for action videos.

    When users switch between the different lenses, the iPhone 11 Pro models have an Audio Zoom feature that matches the audio to the current video framing. The iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max also add a new spatial audio feature offering Dolby Atmos and surround sound.

    New color finishes for the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max
    New color finishes for the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max


    Alongside automatic features such as this, the Photos app in iOS 13 has gained video editing tools to allow rotation, cropping, filters and exposure controls at a touch.

    Apple has also improved the battery life of both its iPhone 11 Pro models.

    "We are so excited to tell you that with iPhone 11 Pro you get four hours longer in your day," said Phil Schiller. "With iPhone 11 Pro Max, you get up to five hours longer."

    As predicted, the iPhone 11 Pro models retain the Lightning connector but Apple is providing the 18W USB-C charger for faster charging. Qi charging remains.

    The new Super Retina XDR display is a custom-designed OLED one with up to 1,200 nits brightness, wide color support, system-wide color management and True Tone. It provides a two million-to-one contrast ratio and is more power efficient than its predecessor in the 2018 iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max.

    Schiller also presented what he called a sneak peek of Deep Fusion, a feature that is going to be added to the iPhone 11 Pro with a software update later in this fall.

    It uses the neural engine of the A13 Bionic processor and machine learning. When you press the shutter button, the camera has already taken four shots and it then takes four more afterwards. The iPhone then analyses 24 million pixels across all these images to optimize for detail and low noise.

    "This is the first time a neural engine has been responsible for generating the output image," he said.

    The iPhone 11 Pro has the familiar 5.8-inch 2436-by-1125 pixel resolution display, with the Pro Max bumping it up to a 6.5-inch 2688-by-1242 resolution version, with both having an identical pixel density of 458 pixels per inch, with a 2,000,000 to 1 contrast ratio.

    Inside both models is the 64-bit A13 Bionic processor, a 7-nanometer chip. For this year's iteration, the A13 has a quad-core GPU and a 6-core CPU, with each offering performance improvements of approximately 20 percent over last year's release, the A12.

    New Night Mode on iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max
    New Night Mode on iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max


    Due to the use of an extra camera, the camera bump on the back has been given a makeover, with it taking a square formation to accommodate the additional sensor and lens. The bump is wider than in previous versions, meaning those upgrading from the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max will be forced to acquire a new case at the very least.

    On the front is the TrueDepth Camera array, which is used to power Face ID. The sensor has been upgraded to take 12-megapixel images, as well as providing Portrait Lighting effects including bokeh and depth control, smart HDR, and Animoji and Memoji support.

    Both the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max will come in silver, gold, space gray and new midnight green finishes. Regardless of finish, the iPhone 11 Pro will retail from $999, and the iPhone 11 Pro Max begins at $1,099. The phones will ship September 20.
    64gb base in 2019 😂😂😂are you freaking kidding me , I’ll pass on this phone 
    Because $7/month on a 2 year plan is just breaking the bank, right? Go drown yourself in booze.
    Mdriftmeyer is RIGHT! 64GB is simply a way to get people to buy cloud storage. 128GB should be the bare minimum.

    don't even start critisizing his opinion because you think he is cheap! It's about VALUE not COST. $7200 was no problem for a 10C iMac Pro because IT WAS WORTH IT WITH REGARDS TO VALUE!
    muthuk_vanalingamCarnage
  • Reply 125 of 168
    The camera bumps certainly do not look like in prelaunch rendering. It looks more sleek and subtle. I watch the hands-on video and they actually look better 'in person' than in promotional materials. 

    Here are the summary of the things I really like from the demo:

    1. Green!
    2. Cameras!
    - Capture 4 more times scene (how many times I wished this to happen before)
    - Ultrawide view is another godsend for photography
    - Seriously, editing 4k video directly (like tools in photo) is long overdue - thanks Apple!
    - Not a big fans of night photographer - will see how good its night mode compare to Google Pixel
    - Studio style mono-grapher! Those details!
    - I am excited with the automatic fine-tune detail separately for both foreground subject and the background
    - 40% more light capture with Telephoto36% brighter True Tone flash with Slow SyncZero shutter lag6 lighting effects in Portrait mode2× more height for panos
    3. 1200 nits screen and 2,000,000:1 contrast, that's seriously one power screen if Apple manage to reduce the power consumption, which they did and more. It will make everything looks much better on screen.
    4.  20% faster CPU/GPU but 30-40% less power consumption - this is an engineering wonder by itself. 20% faster neural engine translates to faster AI processing should makes camera and siri faster response.
    5. Battery life! Usually it's another 1 or 2 extra hours every year, but this time it's 4 - 5 hours extra. I wonder if there is major breakthrough in battery technology or it's just efficient hardware and software overall. But battery life has been no 1 feature in demand for a while, this should makes lot of people happy.
    6. Spill and dust resistant are standards for phone this day, 30 mins up to 4m water resistant is good news if such accident happen to anyone.
    7. 30% faster Face ID  - but it's already fast now.
    8. Ultra Wideband technology for spatial awareness sounds like something might be useful once more U1 devices available.
    9. Dolby Atmos and Spatial audio are nice addition for immersive gaming, can't wait to try it with the new Apple Arcade.
    10. I am also happy with the faster charging (50% in 30mins), faster wifi and faster LTE.

    Overall, great improvements. There are just the right amount of everything. Arguably, Samsung might have the best display or Google might have the best camera, but iPhone has the best of everything in one little package. And as my phone is approaching 2 years old - it's time to upgrade to El Pro Max this year.
    lollivertmaymuthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobra
  • Reply 126 of 168
    k2kw said:
    gskibum said:
    Sticking with my iPhone 7 for another year. Or until it stops working reliably.
    That’s a smart move because it’s the last year the modem was always from QualComm.   I think these phones still have Intel modems.   My iPhone 7+ is much better than my iPhone 8+.   I’m waiting another year for the QualComm based phones.   Very Glad they wised up and lowered the price of the 11 but still not very compelling to upgrade.

    The modem will be from Apple next year not Qualcomm 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 127 of 168
    dicebier1 said:
    You get an evolution [revolution by any other vendor] of the guts and structure and much more with the iPhone 11 series [I'm going to get the MAX and let my 8 PLUS be a back up] upgrade and yet it is quite clear if you have a Developer subscription and checking out the hardware that this phone and watch hands down are miles ahead of their respective competition.

    The software coming for the 11 Pro line to truly leverage the film making capabilities w/o breaking the bank is limited only by the limited imagination of the simpletons who still rave about my former boss, Steve Jobs, as if he would have offered something beyond the Moon today, when he would have just delivered the same products with more polish in the Keynote address.
    LMAO! Steve Jobs wouldn't have even let the notch at the top of the phone occur! 
    Seriously, you don't know that. And the notch is the least of the issues
    dicebier1
  • Reply 128 of 168
    The dissemination of info and demos by office workers isn’t designed to relieve you of life’s doldrums. 
    Um... what?!

    You’re a tad incoherent and seriously rambling, dude. Here’s some advice — I know, I know, the irony — put down whatever it is that you’re vaping.
    chemengin1
  • Reply 129 of 168
    KITAKITA Posts: 197member
    kevin kee said:

    4.  20% faster CPU/GPU but 30-40% less power consumption - this is an engineering wonder by itself.
    20% faster with the same power consumption - or - 30%~40% less power consumption with the same performance as the A12.

    Anandtech:

    On the CPU side of things, we’ve seen some evidence that Apple might be introducing a new CPU microarchitecture that differs more from past generations. There’s still two big performance new “Lightning” cores and the improvement claims here are 20% faster and 30% lower power. It’s not clear if this is actually both improvements at the same time or either of them – last year it ended up actually being either one or the other based on our testing. 

    ...

    The actual annotations in regards to the GPU in the A13 slides mentioned 20% performance improvements or 40% lower power.

    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 130 of 168


    StrangeDays said:
    5G, when it arrives, just means faster loading web pages when not on wifi. Big whoop.
    I don’t understand your point. Faster internet access absolutely IS a big whoop. How and when it’s achieved are subjects of discussion, but the value of increased speed certainly isn’t.
    It really isn't. When I'm not on high speed wifi, it's hard to get real excited about Safari loading a web page faster sitting on the bus (if 5G even works in a bus, who knows). Seriously. It isn't that exciting. 
    If you think that 5G is about "faster loading web pages" you may need to read up a bit more on it.

    I agree there was no need for an Apple 5G phone this year since the technology it's still a couple of years away. But by next year this time, it will probably be quite different, especially vis-a-vis someone who keeps their iPhones for a few years before upgrading.
    I've heard the hype -- so fast it's going to change everything. Yyyeaah. For most people, that means faster loading web pages on the bus.
    Theres no arguing with ignorance.
    But there is arguing with boneheadery. What do most people do? Surf the web. Faster downloads on a bus (maybe) isn’t life shattering. You’ve fallen for the hype I’m afraid. They must love you at the dealership.  
    I look forward to your fawning, obsequious, craven posts on the inevitability and greatness of 5G when Apple introduces its in 2020. IIRC, you’re the guy that got caught with his pants down fiddling with Apple’s Wikipedia pages so as to validate his point on an AI post — i.e., no leg to stand on.

    Oh, dont worry, I’ll remind you then (if you’re still around) :-)
    edited September 10 muthuk_vanalingamchemengin1MplsP
  • Reply 131 of 168
    KITAKITA Posts: 197member
    Ah yeah, 50% faster SOC for iPhones, not innovative
    20%, not 50%. T

    That's about in-line with ARM's own designs for their medium sized A77 core:



    Still, that shouldn't take away from the entire package. The A13 is an impressive SoC.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 132 of 168
    KITA said:
    kevin kee said:

    4.  20% faster CPU/GPU but 30-40% less power consumption - this is an engineering wonder by itself.
    20% faster with the same power consumption - or - 30%~40% less power consumption with the same performance as the A12.

    Anandtech:

    On the CPU side of things, we’ve seen some evidence that Apple might be introducing a new CPU microarchitecture that differs more from past generations. There’s still two big performance new “Lightning” cores and the improvement claims here are 20% faster and 30% lower power. It’s not clear if this is actually both improvements at the same time or either of them – last year it ended up actually being either one or the other based on our testing. 

    ...

    The actual annotations in regards to the GPU in the A13 slides mentioned 20% performance improvements or 40% lower power.


    From apple website.

    Fastest CPUin a smartphone

    The CPU’s two performance cores are up to 20 per cent faster and use up to 40 per cent less power. And its four efficiency cores are up to 20 per cent faster and use up to 25 per cent less power.

    Fastest GPUin a smartphone

    The Apple‑designed GPU is up to 20 per cent faster and uses up to 30 per cent less power. Perfect for high‑performance gaming and the latest AR experiences.

    We know Apple tends to be more conservative in their lab testing but once the world testing results out we shall see.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 133 of 168
    KITAKITA Posts: 197member
    kevin kee said:
    KITA said:
    kevin kee said:

    4.  20% faster CPU/GPU but 30-40% less power consumption - this is an engineering wonder by itself.
    20% faster with the same power consumption - or - 30%~40% less power consumption with the same performance as the A12.

    Anandtech:

    On the CPU side of things, we’ve seen some evidence that Apple might be introducing a new CPU microarchitecture that differs more from past generations. There’s still two big performance new “Lightning” cores and the improvement claims here are 20% faster and 30% lower power. It’s not clear if this is actually both improvements at the same time or either of them – last year it ended up actually being either one or the other based on our testing. 

    ...

    The actual annotations in regards to the GPU in the A13 slides mentioned 20% performance improvements or 40% lower power.


    From apple website.

    Fastest CPUin a smartphone

    The CPU’s two performance cores are up to 20 per cent faster and use up to 40 per cent less power. And its four efficiency cores are up to 20 per cent faster and use up to 25 per cent less power.

    Fastest GPUin a smartphone

    The Apple‑designed GPU is up to 20 per cent faster and uses up to 30 per cent less power. Perfect for high‑performance gaming and the latest AR experiences.

    We know Apple tends to be more conservative in their lab testing but once the world testing results out we shall see.
    Circle back to the quote from Anandtech:

    "It’s not clear if this is actually both improvements at the same time or either of them – last year it ended up actually being either one or the other based on our testing"

    I'm sure we'll see an interesting deep dive from Andrei as soon as he gets his hands on a new iPhone.
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 134 of 168
    Today's snarky comment: Just now catching the event on replay. Phil, I like your style, and your presentation and knowledge is substantial. But...Phil...how you've grown. And the long sleeves seem to cover your Apple Watch. You getting those rings closed?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 135 of 168
    Jordanf1 said:
    All I can says 2500 Aud for a phone is now getting ridiculous.  
    Sorry its not really Apple's fault your currency isn't worth much these days. 
  • Reply 136 of 168

    dicebier1 said:

    dougd said:
    A thousand bucks is just too much for a phone. Count me out
    Cool, get the regular iPhone, $699. Oh but you waaaant the Pro. 
    Just wondering....are you working as a PR rep for Apple? People....check his threads....its ridiculous, he critisizes anyone who doesn't drink every ounce of cool aid that is poured by Apple.

    and as far as me "reading up" on Apple's history? Cmon man....

    iPhone 1 was REVOLUTIONARY
    iPhone 4 was REVOLUTIONARY
    iPhone 7 was arguably the best iPhone made
    Biometrics was REVOLUTIONARY 

    there were plenty of REVOLUTIONARY products released in the past 10 years so please show me a post where you don't defend anything that Apple shows you.

    BTW don't EVEN call me a troll, I love Apple and their products and their ecosystem BUT I will call out when something deserves a yawn.

    Apparently you won't
    Sounds like a troll to me... /s
    muthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobra
  • Reply 137 of 168
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 1,669member
    StrangeDays said:
    5G, when it arrives, just means faster loading web pages when not on wifi. Big whoop.
    I don’t understand your point. Faster internet access absolutely IS a big whoop. How and when it’s achieved are subjects of discussion, but the value of increased speed certainly isn’t.
    It really isn't. When I'm not on high speed wifi, it's hard to get real excited about Safari loading a web page faster sitting on the bus (if 5G even works in a bus, who knows). Seriously. It isn't that exciting. 
    If you think that 5G is about "faster loading web pages" you may need to read up a bit more on it.

    I agree there was no need for an Apple 5G phone this year since the technology it's still a couple of years away. But by next year this time, it will probably be quite different, especially vis-a-vis someone who keeps their iPhones for a few years before upgrading.
    5G:
     - faster speeds. 4G is more than enough, if you can get good 4G speeds. If I can’t even get 4G, why should I be able to get 5G?
    - lower latency. Maybe nice for VR gaming. Most of us don’t do that. Remote surgery? Nope, not on my iPhone. *maybe* for flying a drone, but the type of flight that needs ultra low latency is also pretty uncommon
    - IoT: doesn’t affect my phone
    - self driving cars: see above. Those are still a ways off
    - ‘more devices’ as I understand it, that means more devices connected per node. Unclear what benefits this may have. Possibly faster average speeds per device during times of congestion, but ultimately that depends on the backbone. 

    have I missed anything? 
    tmaywatto_cobra
  • Reply 138 of 168
    KITA said:
    kevin kee said:
    KITA said:
    kevin kee said:

    4.  20% faster CPU/GPU but 30-40% less power consumption - this is an engineering wonder by itself.
    20% faster with the same power consumption - or - 30%~40% less power consumption with the same performance as the A12.

    Anandtech:

    On the CPU side of things, we’ve seen some evidence that Apple might be introducing a new CPU microarchitecture that differs more from past generations. There’s still two big performance new “Lightning” cores and the improvement claims here are 20% faster and 30% lower power. It’s not clear if this is actually both improvements at the same time or either of them – last year it ended up actually being either one or the other based on our testing. 

    ...

    The actual annotations in regards to the GPU in the A13 slides mentioned 20% performance improvements or 40% lower power.


    From apple website.

    Fastest CPUin a smartphone

    The CPU’s two performance cores are up to 20 per cent faster and use up to 40 per cent less power. And its four efficiency cores are up to 20 per cent faster and use up to 25 per cent less power.

    Fastest GPUin a smartphone

    The Apple‑designed GPU is up to 20 per cent faster and uses up to 30 per cent less power. Perfect for high‑performance gaming and the latest AR experiences.

    We know Apple tends to be more conservative in their lab testing but once the world testing results out we shall see.
    Circle back to the quote from Anandtech:

    "It’s not clear if this is actually both improvements at the same time or either of them – last year it ended up actually being either one or the other based on our testing"

    I'm sure we'll see an interesting deep dive from Andrei as soon as he gets his hands on a new iPhone.
    Judging by today's keynote I assume it will precisely manage different areas of the chip, which could make different tasks to run more efficiently.  Not everything is a burn test, which I'm sure it won't have many advantages there.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 139 of 168
    dicebier1 said:

    dougd said:
    A thousand bucks is just too much for a phone. Count me out
    Cool, get the regular iPhone, $699. Oh but you waaaant the Pro. 
    Just wondering....are you working as a PR rep for Apple? People....check his threads....its ridiculous, he critisizes anyone who doesn't drink every ounce of cool aid that is poured by Apple.

    and as far as me "reading up" on Apple's history? Cmon man....

    iPhone 1 was REVOLUTIONARY
    iPhone 4 was REVOLUTIONARY
    iPhone 7 was arguably the best iPhone made
    Biometrics was REVOLUTIONARY 

    there were plenty of REVOLUTIONARY products released in the past 10 years so please show me a post where you don't defend anything that Apple shows you.

    BTW don't EVEN call me a troll, I love Apple and their products and their ecosystem BUT I will call out when something deserves a yawn.

    Apparently you won't
    Well, if he don't, this forum will end up like MacRumors.

    Pick your poison, that's just the reality of Apple Forums today.
    edited September 10 brucemcwatto_cobra
  • Reply 140 of 168
    KITA said:
    Ah yeah, 50% faster SOC for iPhones, not innovative
    20%, not 50%. T

    That's about in-line with ARM's own designs for their medium sized A77 core:



    Still, that shouldn't take away from the entire package. The A13 is an impressive SoC.
    Well, not every 20% improvement is equal.
    watto_cobra
Sign In or Register to comment.