What to expect from Apple in October

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    BigDann said:

Hopefully, we get more reliable keyboards and ones that are whisper quiet! None of these clickety-clackity! If I want an audio/touch feedback give me a synthetic sound as well as hepatic feedback!
    You want to feel keypresses in your liver?
    AppleExposedwatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 31
    Hoping for an iPad Pro update as my 9.7 inch Pro is getting long in the tooth and I'm looking forward to handing it off to my Dad as an Apple Arcade device. The mini could use an upgrade too (and maybe see last year's i3 model come down in price as an entry level device.) The rumoured 16 inch MacBook Pro still hasn't been announced. They also haven't announced the tags that they're supposed to be working on. Add to that, they can now use these events to show off new titles that are coming to Apple Arcade similar to how Nintendo does with their directs. (Actually Apple might be smart to start having little internet only videos that the press aren't invited to to show off new games for the service similar to Nintendo's Directs.)
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 31
    Look up the official date when the fall ends, and you'll be surprised to find that there are two different ones. Most of us, probably unknowingly, go by what's called the meteorological seasons, which means winter officially starts on December 1 when we put our heavy coats on.

There is, though, an astronomical season, which is to do with the positioning of the Earth and the sun, or possibly between Apple and its manufacturing cycle. It might be pushing things if Apple wanted to claim that astronomical date for the end of the fall, Saturday December 21, but it could.

The writer of this article must live in Russia.  Yeah, for some quirky reason, the Russians start winter on December 1st.  Rest of the Northern Hemisphere observes winter when the Sun touches the Tropic of Capricorn line.
    kernelgronn
  • Reply 24 of 31
    I'm hoping for a date and actual details on the Mac Pro, like how much the rack mount will cost and how it works (slide out drawer for easy access?), whether the pair of flash drives present as one volume to the user, and more.

Seasons start on solstice and equinox days, and have for centuries.

And now I totally want to feel key presses in my liver, thank you very much.
    macseekerfastasleepwatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 31
    AppleExposedAppleExposed Posts: 1,805unconfirmed, member
    Hope this event brings new products like:

AirPods 3

Apple TV

SoundPod sound bar

Bezel less iPad? (non-pro)
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 31
    While nothing is certain, the recently shorter Apple event and a number of promised Fall-products do lend a lot of weight to the idea of Apple having an October event again this year.

My guesses are largely the same as the above: iPad Pro update(A13X), Mac Pro availability along with a release date for Photoshop on iPad and reviewing the recently released Adobe Fresco. (Adobe's release notes about Fresco's performance raised the possibility that Adobe have been testing it on unreleased hardware.)

Certainly the tile could fit in here, along with Apple discussing the progress of the Maps rollout - since they pre-announced that the USA would be nearing completion in 2019.

watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 31
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,166member
    Timely article for me. I think it is fairly safe to buy the base MBP for little miss entropy (well she isn’t so little anymore) whose birthday is early October. It might be a bit trickier for littlest miss entropy who wants an MBA and her birthday is late October. Is there an icelake MBA in the near future?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 31
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    entropys said:
    Timely article for me. I think it is fairly safe to buy the base MBP for little miss entropy (well she isn’t so little anymore) whose birthday is early October. It might be a bit trickier for littlest miss entropy who wants an MBA and her birthday is late October. Is there an icelake MBA in the near future?
    The MBA has had two updates in a year, the one in October 2018, and the one over the summer. While an Ice Lake MBA is likely inevitable, I will be very surprised if it is in 2019.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 31
    Wish list:

super cool remote for Apple TV.

cheap Apple TV Stick (this could make streaming Apple TV plus more accessible to people who only buy Apple Products)

Partnership with TV company to offer built in Apple TV (à la TCL/Roku).
  • Reply 30 of 31
    entropys said:
    The MBA has had two updates in a year, the one in October 2018, and the one over the summer. While an Ice Lake MBA is likely inevitable, I will be very surprised if it is in 2019.
    Hey Mike, just a question, have you tried the new Galaxy Tab S6?  I'm curious whether the speaker of that thing is actually better than the iPad Pro or not.  Max Tech did make a video about it but I hold a different opinion, and microphones can't do them justice.

What I'm concerned is the fact Samsung is clearly behind Apple's tail.  They bought both Harman International and AKG, where the former pretty much dominates the acoustic industry.  Apple's integrated speakers are one of the biggest but mostly underlooked advantage, but with Samsung and the people they just bought, I don't think that will hold long enough.
    edited September 2019
  • Reply 31 of 31
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    davgreg said:
    I would like to buy a Mac Pro, we should be able to pre-order since they have already released the specs.

My Mac Pro Cheesegrater is ready to retire.
    I will be buying one too just not sure of what specs.  I sold my last cheese grater in 2014.    Last time I bought a Mac Pro is was the 2013 Mac Pro and it arrived a few days shy of Christmas so I am not holding my breath for an October release as I have a feeling it will be the same story this time.