Apple videos encourages iPhone 11 users to make 'slofies'

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    I see the holidays have brought out all the bitter cunts. 
    A friend’s kid asked me if my iPhone could take a slofie. I said I didn’t know. She gave me her patented “oh you poor old thing” look and went off to find the decidedly-more-hip Mrs Rayz. 

Folk here are not the target audience and don’t actually know what Apple’s target audience is. 

I don’t like the name, but can’t really get that excited about not liking it, because I know it’s not something I’m interested in, and Apple is not interested in me not being interested because I’m not the target audience. 
    edited December 2019 EsquireCatsGG1pscooter63cornchipfastasleepStrangeDays
  • Reply 22 of 27
    I think Apple bringing some fun is totally okay! They are not trying to please everyone, and so far 80% of the folks in this thread are not the target audience. That's okay!

Happy New Year everyone!

EsquireCatspscooter63Rayz2016StrangeDays
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Rayz2016 said:
    I see the holidays have brought out all the bitter cunts. 
    A friend’s kid asked me if my iPhone could take a slofie. I said I didn’t know. She gave me her patented “oh you poor old thing” look and went off to find the decidedly-more-hip Mrs Rayz. 

Folk here are not the target audience and don’t actually know what Apple’s target audience is. 

I don’t like the name, but can’t really get that excited about not liking it, because I know it’s not something I’m interested in, and Apple is not interested in me not being interested because I’m not the target audience. 
    Precisely, it’s ok to not like something, but to act entitled, offended, or like this is some kind of grand folly is absurd. It’s just one feature in a phone, some people like it, and that’s ok.
    pscooter63Rayz2016fastasleep
  • Reply 24 of 27
    I think Apple bringing some fun is totally okay! 
    Happy New Year everyone!

Be prepared for Tim to disclose the revolutionary iSelfie Stick for the self-appraising
  • Reply 25 of 27
    Funny and humorous ads. I think this feature is somewhat a niche. You have to be in motion to make it worthy. Most people just take quick still images.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,023member
    SLO-motion video capture for the front facing camera is about as amazing as slo=motion video capture on the rear facing camera. Please, AI, don’t perpetuate the stupid name just because Apple apparently lacked judgement on the matter.  Not only is it a terrible name, it seems like a deprecate move on Apple’s part - did they really expect that they could coin a terrible term, ignite a craze of slo-motion videos and gain some marketing buzz off of it. I legitimately felt bad for Craig Federighi when he was made to introduce the term back when iPhone 11 was introduced.  I can only imagine he needed to take a long shower to feel clean afterwards. Gotta give it up to him - He took one for the team - good company man.

Did I mention I think the term “slofie” is idiotic?
    I imagine you don't know what Vine or Tik-Tok videos are? Filled with silly short videos with random themes. Download the app, type in #slofie. There you go.
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 27 of 27
    JinTech said:
    SLO-motion video capture for the front facing camera is about as amazing as slo=motion video capture on the rear facing camera. Please, AI, don’t perpetuate the stupid name just because Apple apparently lacked judgement on the matter.  Not only is it a terrible name, it seems like a deprecate move on Apple’s part - did they really expect that they could coin a terrible term, ignite a craze of slo-motion videos and gain some marketing buzz off of it. I legitimately felt bad for Craig Federighi when he was made to introduce the term back when iPhone 11 was introduced.  I can only imagine he needed to take a long shower to feel clean afterwards. Gotta give it up to him - He took one for the team - good company man.

Did I mention I think the term “slofie” is idiotic?
    I imagine you don't know what Vine or Tik-Tok videos are? Filled with silly short videos with random themes. Download the app, type in #slofie. There you go.
    Vine has been dead for over 3 years.