124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 64
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Japhey said:
    Soli said:
    Japhey said:
    Japhey said:
    I would also like a Maps app for AppleTV, or at least an AirPlay option within the iOS version. I may be alone, but I would love to have the big screen to play with Look Around, plan trips, research, explore...
     Hopefully a future update will bring us these capabilities. 
    It's called Screen Mirroring...
    Obviously, but that’s a work-around at the end of the day. What I want is a dedicated AirPlay option, under the “i” button, on every map. 
    That's not a workaround, screen mirroring is the intended function of the feature. What you're asking for is a dedicated option within the Maps app and I can't imagine why Apple would ever offer that feature despite being able to see a reason how that feature would be very handy for specific users.
    Whatever...agree to disagree. Also, Apple offers MANY features that are only handy to specific users. I wish this could be one of them. Cool?
    Given AirPlay is for video streaming, the end result would be exactly the same. What would be the difference between initiating it via Control Center versus the app itself? It's not like it'd be easier.
    Imagine a native Maps app on the Apple TV so that you can select locations with the remote control. Up and down and left and right wouldn't be great but they would be doable, unless those gestures on the remote are used for moving between buttons, like for choosing a button to zoom in and out or to select the keyboard which you then have to do by selecting each letter for a location. I'm not sure you can even do pinch and zoom from the remote's touchpad, but would you want you if you could? That all sounds very tedious that I'm glad we have mirroring to quickly pop up Maps we've easily brought up on your other devices.
  • Reply 62 of 64
    Soli said:
    Japhey said:
    Soli said:
    Japhey said:
    Japhey said:
    I would also like a Maps app for AppleTV, or at least an AirPlay option within the iOS version. I may be alone, but I would love to have the big screen to play with Look Around, plan trips, research, explore...
     Hopefully a future update will bring us these capabilities. 
    It's called Screen Mirroring...
    Obviously, but that’s a work-around at the end of the day. What I want is a dedicated AirPlay option, under the “i” button, on every map. 
    That's not a workaround, screen mirroring is the intended function of the feature. What you're asking for is a dedicated option within the Maps app and I can't imagine why Apple would ever offer that feature despite being able to see a reason how that feature would be very handy for specific users.
    Whatever...agree to disagree. Also, Apple offers MANY features that are only handy to specific users. I wish this could be one of them. Cool?
    Given AirPlay is for video streaming, the end result would be exactly the same. What would be the difference between initiating it via Control Center versus the app itself? It's not like it'd be easier.
    Imagine a native Maps app on the Apple TV so that you can select locations with the remote control. Up and down and left and right wouldn't be great but they would be doable, unless those gestures on the remote are used for moving between buttons, like for choosing a button to zoom in and out or to select the keyboard which you then have to do by selecting each letter for a location. I'm not sure you can even do pinch and zoom from the remote's touchpad, but would you want you if you could? That all sounds very tedious that I'm glad we have mirroring to quickly pop up Maps we've easily brought up on your other devices.
    The Siri Remote isn't multi-touch afaik. That experience sounds terrible.

My point was having an AirPlay button inside the app wouldn't be any better than just using screen mirroring via Control Center.
  • Reply 63 of 64
    frantisekfrantisek Posts: 756member
    frantisek said:
    Great but you can have great data and still be frustrated when App sucks.

Buth Apple and Google maps apps sucks. Not operable with one hand/finnger
    Only start and end point for navigation, missing multiple point routes
    Not posible to select starting point from Map
    Missing language support for Siri for navigation in many countries
    Often completely off the mark results when Map searched from spotlight search on iOS

So I stick with local local map app that smash them all hands down even missing Siri support edited January 31

I have to correct my mistake. Big apology to Apple and Google. They both have one finger zooming. Quick tap and hold, like double click on mouse, allows zooming with one finger.